You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zaydin

So how does WG intend to compensate carriers for the massive rocket nerf?

205 comments in this topic

Members
1,210 posts
3,527 battles

I play DD and CV, haven't really noticed a increase in DD players. CVs are a threat but I'm always more worried about radar cruisers. Or the sum of all fears.. Running into 2 enemy DDs.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles

Why do you believe carriers need a buff?

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[FRFR]
Members
1,676 posts
5 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Given just how massive a nerf it has turned out to be given DDs are running rampant now and all, how does WG intend to make up for the huge nerf to carriers? What are they going to buff in turn?

Magic Eight Ball says….

AA

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,335 battles
7 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Given just how massive a nerf it has turned out to be given DDs are running rampant now and all, how does WG intend to make up for the huge nerf to carriers? What are they going to buff in turn?

Have you considered just leading? Or git gud with bombs and torps? 

• Cool 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,106 battles

CVs do no need a buff any more than they need more nerfs.  Spot the DDs and let your team sort them out.  Then take out your pent up hostility on BBs and CAs. 

I never used TTs before, but am finding them quite satisfying now.

Edited by JCC45
  • Meh 2

[FOXY]
Members
4,717 posts
8,947 battles

In the same way they compensated secondary bbs or any other class when nerfed: not at all.

• Cool 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 2

Beta Testers
1,255 posts
17,554 battles

Easy, they're going to undo the rocket change (not a nerf) and remove the plane factories from the ships.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles

Yeah this why buying premiums is a gamble I learn this from the world of tanks :Smile_sceptic: Kaga rocket planes suck now they are just useless :fish_palm: Wargaming let us change rocket planes for more torp DB planes skip bombers :fish_cute_2:

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[ARGSY]
Members
2,016 posts
6,406 battles
29 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

I play DD and CV, haven't really noticed a increase in DD players. CVs are a threat but I'm always more worried about radar cruisers. Or the sum of all fears.. Running into 2 enemy DDs.

Sames.

I would fear a Russian radar cruiser many times greater than any carrier.

Again one of the big problems here is players channelling themselves too much into single types so they react harshly to any changes to any single type.

[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles

IMO they released this a bit too early as it's apparent that they want DDs to have much more interaction with Subs instead. This is basically confirmed with the last dev blog.

• Thanks 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Elbing is our payment. 

I love that little monster.

• Cool 1

Members
92 posts
3,437 battles

What an original thread, we haven't heard complaints about the rocket plane nerf before, only experience with rockets is with IJN and Britbong rockets of the tier 6 and a bit from the americans with lex, the IJN rocket suffer from a 3 or 4 second lead, having very accurate rockets where even a slight ammount of dodging leads to a miss by virtue of said accurate rockets, the pretty fast planes also exacerbate the issues when trying to hunt a DD with no assistance(Might also have to do with the speed but the IJN rocket planes feel sluggier compared to the brits and americans), any halfway thinking DD can make IJN rocket planes a pain in the [edited]to use

The british rocket planes are much easier to use, only something like a 2 second lead, and the attack AOE is big enough that you can score  some ammount of rocket hits with decent aimming, slower planes means hunting DD's by your loneome is much easier due to having more of a window to line up shot, plane's being chonkier then the other lines also helps. 

German CV's as far as im aware haven't changed, they basically just made the attack animation last as long as the rockets took to arrive before, so functionally the same

The American's from my very limmited experience busting out the lex was that the americans have a  lead time similar(Maybe slightly less) to the IJN, while having the AOE rocket saturation to still score hits with decent aimming, how the hell having to lead targets by less time then surface ships usualy have to when fighting other surface ships is a nerf is beyond me, if players can score decent hits on DD's from ranges where their shell take more then 7 seconds to arrive while said DD's are taking evasive maneuvers, then CV's can with practice learn to lead targets by 4 seconds, with maybe some CV's having to lead slightly more, application of aimming techines like seeing if the target has hard turned and leading appropriatly based of their speed and maybe some patterns of the player in question you picked up on while shooting them pays of just like in surface ships, it's as simple as "Just lead", but this time legitimate, and not just something you throw out as some sort of gotcha like "Just dodge" is

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,503 posts
10,225 battles
47 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

Funny given that avg CV damage only has fallen less than 3% from pre patch values... where's this "massive" nerf you talk about? I can't see it. Even worse, CVs are still neck to neck with BBs tied for first place in damage...

• Cool 2

Members
1,032 posts
21,140 battles

:shrug: the Zeppelin has gotten a half dozen nerfs worse than the rocket change over the past two years (including a very targeted bonus nerf to her rocket attack angle in this last release) and has received zero buffs. I see more of the same coming for other CVs.

(that said, I haven’t felt this “massive rocket nerf” outside of the Zeppelin. Yeah, it took a little practice and an adjustment in my targets/tactics, but it’s not had some huge drag on my cv performance)

Members
6,667 posts

They'll get whatever the Holy Spreadsheet says and they'll like it.

Just remember it may not always be the CV's turn for a dose of the Spreadsheet's wisdom.

• Thanks 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,352 posts
9,639 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

You do not seem to be clear on the concept of a "nerf".  A unit is nerfed if it is overperforming so as to reduce its performance.

That being the case, buffing a nerfed unit in compensation for the nerf is directly counter productive to the purpose of the nerf.

CVs were over performing.  They were nerfed to reduce their performance.  If time shows that they were over nerfed then they will receive a small buff.  If over time it is shown that they are still over performing then they will be nerfed again.

• Cool 3

[BONKY]
Members
2,285 posts
26,872 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

Make AA more than just a fireworks show and actually shoot down planes.

Members
1,480 posts
8,824 battles

I think they should be compensated by having their fire duration set to the normal 60 seconds for capital ships.

• Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
Wiki Editor, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
468 posts
11,427 battles
1 hour ago, Zaydin said:

They aren't.  

• Cool 1

[V1-PI]
Beta Testers
434 posts
11,242 battles
2 hours ago, Zaydin said:

lol compensate lmbo good luck with that when in regards to weegee

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 hours ago, Zaydin said:

By freeing them of the obligation to hunt DDs of course, that's a QoL buff. I mean, we've heard plenty about how DDs were frustrating to hit as it was, now CVs need not concern themselves with them, other than spotting if they wish.

• Thanks 1