You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Skuggsja

A Long Term Players Frustrations

80 comments in this topic

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,043 posts
32,936 battles

The last time I posted my thoughts I had a decent amount of community feedback and I appreciated that, plus I got to vent. I figured, with my growing frustrations, I would do it again. Just to establish where I'm coming from I'm going to lay out the info about me:  I'm a 53% W/R player with a PR of 1461. I have 21,800 and some random battles over the course of 6 years and have just about every single ship in this game. What does any of this matter? It doesn't really, just wanted to set the foundation for my average abilities and the amount of time I've spent playing this game. With all that said, here are some thoughts.

Flags:
I have no idea why I'm not being awarded flags for achievements anymore. It makes no sense outside of creating a problem to sell a solution. I hate to say that in a way because I do understand WG needs to make money to continue supporting the development of the game. It is a business after all with its own costs. That said though, I feel this is one of those blatant attempts to make people spend money. I'm constantly buying flags in the armory now. I was buying them before but to a lesser extent because getting achievements in battles helped keep the supply up. Now I feel like WG wants me to use their premium shop to buy credits just to equip flags. While yes, there are plenty of players with insane hordes of credits it's not everyone. As someone that takes part in all forms of the game, I don't have a massive amount of in-game wealth. I believe I have 93 million credits in-game right but I don't have Druid and the Dutch cruisers are coming. That means spending credits to rebuy ships from the Research Bureau reset and purchasing new ships as I unlock them after their release. So is the idea to keep me broke so that I purchase credits directly for real cash? That's how it feels now and I am not a fan or supporter of that idea. I refuse to keep wasting millions of credits on flags. It's ridiculous.

Auction:
This ties right into my above thought process about flags. This auction system is a mess. I find that because I participate in so much of the game, I don't have those massive credit hordes that other players have. I'm going to use a dear friend as an example. He is a major history buff that could probably tell you all the real-world specifications of most USN ships in the time period of the game. He has a massively deep knowledge base and a real love for naval warfare history. He's a great guy and super cool to learn from. However, much of this game doesn't appeal to him. He's not a huge fan of paper ships and he only dabbles in ship lines outside of his beloved USN ships. That's fair, we all have our own interests and reasons for playing. However, because he only takes in limited content he has amassed over 900 million credits in-game with nothing to spend them on because he's not interested in most of what's offered. However, what he can do is put down astronomical bids in the auction to ensure he gets the win on the merchandise offered for credits. The big conundrum there is that while he can easily take that 100,000 coal offered he still isn't interested in most anything offered. So now he can horde more resources waiting for the day that something that catches his eye.

So what's the problem with this? Players that don't access the entirety of the game's content is the most likely to benefit from this system. New players and players that actively engage in the game regularly don't have as much of a chance to win simply because of these accounts with hordes of resources. I just don't understand what benefit is offered to average players, yet again. It seems quite one-sided. I'm fine without even putting in a bid as I generate coal regularly due to the amount I play but this seems like rewarding those who aren't interested in portions of the game to begin with. I'm sure people will disagree because it benefits them but from the standpoint I have, I am not a fan.

Too much of too little to do:
I'm having a hard time grasping exactly what I want to say here but I'm just going to go for it. There is so much to do but so little at the same time in this game currently. The amount of game modes going on at once is great yet horrible. If so many game modes exist why does it feel as though those modes are somewhat hollow? I believe its because, despite minor differences in the game modes, we're all still doing the same exact thing. It's more of the same maps with the same ships at the same tiers. Recently we had clan brawl, clan battles, and ranked all going at once at essentially the same tiers they always are set at. The real answer to having fun in ranked, in my opinion, is to not move up from bronze to play different ships in a different meta. I feel this is something I've already talked about at nausea in the past but it just keeps happening. At what point will we get new experiences? What happens to all these modes that test new mechanics and never turn into anything? Are these modes all flops? Remember the lop-sided battles with a small number of high tiers and a large number of low-tier ships? What about the space battle mode with one team defending and one attacking with the ability to respawn? How about the Halloween scenarios with consumables that provided benefits to the person's ship and his teammates? Are all those things never going to become a part of the game outside of individual one-offs during patch cycles. All I'm saying is that it would be nice to see more of these things implemented into standard play outside of one-off, temporary game modes.

Ship Content:
I'm pretty excited by the addition of the Dutch cruisers. I appreciate that there is some historical basis for adding the Dutch Navy as the game is based in the era of World War 2 (for the most part). However, the addition of Soviet/ Russian CVs is just beyond ridiculous. There are so many ships out there that have every right to be represented in this game and simply aren't.  This contributes to my above point about players that are interested in the content being able to horde resources when they dont use them in the content they don't find interesting. That's another one hundred million credits (roughly) that will be unspent by players that dont play CV and/or dont want so many paper boats in-game. Meanwhile both the Japanese and American branches could easily have a real-world CV split. Let's not leave out the fact that the Italians and French could both field some CVs in-game with historical backing. Yet all these nations are neglected and aspects that could have made those ships unique are being wasted on beyond fabricated Russian carriers. It just seems like such a waste. While this thought process is just my opinion with my own biases, I do believe it's a valid point that many players will agree with. Even players that hate CVs in this game could probably get behind the idea of historical CVs being added because there will be more CVs added no matter what so it's just going to have to be accepted, instead of the most paper of paper ships being thrown in. I will acknowledge that the company probably has the easiest access to design plans from their own country but they already had enough CVs in-game to create the splits for the USN and IJN with minimal effort. Again, this is a much more personal opinion but I think players will get it.

Community Tokens:
This was a genius move and done right, well done. I figure I'll close out with a positive aspect. I believe this a major improvement to the concept of getting players involved in PTS. I also appreciate that community tokens are now involved in stream-related content. That's cool too. So if WG could just do this sort of thing more often, that'd be great.

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Boring 3

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Would just like to take a moment to add that the Armory is looking more and more like the Premium Shop with extra steps (doubloons), and I quite dislike this.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 5

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,392 posts
15,666 battles

I have to agree I hate that flags are not awarded anymore for achievements its so chintzy of WG .

• Cool 7

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,043 posts
32,936 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Would just like to take a moment to add that the Armory is looking more and more like the Premium Shop with extra steps (doubloons), and I quite dislike this.

I should have mentioned that as well but it skipped my mind. I also dont understand the "recommended" ships portion in there either. Why is Belfast 43 recommended to me? I dont play British cruisers very often if at all anymore. Just an attempt to have me spend money I guess.

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,043 posts
32,936 battles
1 minute ago, clammboy said:

I have to agree I hate that flags are not awarded anymore for achievements its so chintzy of WG .

As humbly as possible I'd like to think I generally have a good idea of what thier design intents are. Usually I can find a reason for them adding or taking away something in reference to encouraging certian play styles, shift the meta, or encourage more players to play a few more games. However, this simply feels like an actual cash grab. I dont throw around the concept of WG trying to take my money often but in this case I can find no other possible reason.

• Cool 6

[SALV0]
Members
584 posts
2,561 battles

I've been a long time player myself and it's just a crime we don't have hundreds of maps.

I should be up to play and not get the same map in my time period of playing daily.

Also the Meta shifting into everybody is always spoted early and who farms the best wins the game has become really stagnant and truly gets boring after a while. Excitement from fog of war is almost completely gone.

• Cool 2

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts

i don't see the point of the auction complaint... optional is optional...  the reasoning that he has more credits because he plays less of the game...?  its about goals, choices...  you could have made saving for the next auction a priority..

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts
6 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I dont throw around the concept of WG trying to take my money often but in this case I can find no other possible reason.

You remember the removal of premium consumables?  The purpose for that was to help level the playing field between the newer people that didn't have the credits to spend and long time players that could afford to.  The signal changes are likely the same thing.  Being a money grab is just the icing on the cake.

6 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

So what's the problem with this? Players that don't access the entirety of the game's content is the most likely to benefit from this system.

You get to benefit from all the content you take the time to unlock.  That is your reward.  While the people like your friend might seem to be benefiting, well, that's a serious double edged sword.  They might benefit, but they are being massively exploited for that benefit by paying extremely inflated prices.  The entire point is to drive them into spending.  They aren't the winners it might seem to be like at first glance.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 1

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,043 posts
32,936 battles
5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

i don't see the point of the auction complaint... optional is optional...  the reasoning that he has more credits because he plays less of the game...?  its about goals, choices...  you could have made saving for the next auction a priority..

It simply doesnt do anything for anyone. It most benefits players that horde resources. Now they get to benefit from hoarding credits by being able to horde coal. Mind you most players I know that have hoarded resources do not need more resources. So what's the point of the entire process? It doesn't solve any problem and makes players that arent hoarding by taking in new content unable to participate at the level of players that do not take in all content and have nothing better to do with resources. So now players with billions of credits can accumulate hundreds of thousands of coal. Mind you most players with billions of credits aren't using them so when are they going to use their newly-acquired coal they can now horde like a dragon in Middle Earth? 

Smaug.thumb.jpg.16788fd9b514f40c6839a3f2b8d01e06.jpg

I guess what it comes down to is that long-term players that engage in the entirety of the game's content can be left behind. The only reward to long-term play with full access to content is the once or twice a year snowflake events. Even with a nearly maxed-out port full of ships, the rewards are less than 100,000 coal.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
324 posts
4,901 battles

Some investment into development of new game modes would be welcome. 

[D-DAY]
Members
7,599 posts
14 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You remember the removal of premium consumables?  The purpose for that was to help level the playing field between the newer people that didn't have the credits to spend and long time players that could afford to.  The signal change are likely the same thing.  Being a money grab is just the icing on the cake.

You get to benefit from all the content you take the time to unlock.  That is your reward.  While the people like your friend might seem to be benefiting, well, that;s a serious double edged sword.  They might benefit, but they are being massively exploited for that benefit by playing extremely inflated prices.  The entire point is to drive them into spending.  They aren't the winners that it might seem look like at first glance.

This is a very good point.

An example - grinding through at lower tiers - how many Kamikaze Rs!!! :cap_wander_2: As long as new players have to put up with players that camp in tiers where their ships are considered so OP they are removed from game.

Swings and roundabouts. You win some, you lose some - but the House will always come out on top! :Smile_teethhappy:

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
5 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

It simply doesnt do anything for anyone. It most benefits players that horde resources. Now they get to benefit from hoarding credits by being able to horde coal. Mind you most players I know that have hoarded resources do not need more resources. So what's the point of the entire process? It doesn't solve any problem and makes players that arent hoarding by taking in new content unable to participate at the level of players that do not take in all content and have nothing better to do with resources. So now players with billions of credits can accumulate hundreds of thousands of coal. Mind you most players with billions of credits aren't using them so when are they going to use their newly-acquired coal they can now horde like a dragon in Middle Earth? 

I guess what it comes down to is that long-term players that engage in the entirety of the game's content can be left behind. The only reward to long-term play with full access to content is the once or twice a year snowflake events. Even with a nearly maxed-out port full of ships, the rewards are less than 100,000 coal.

again, why must you have access to be able to buy everything, because you do everything in the game?  

what's next? its like me complaining that players have RB ships....   when i only have one T10...  it's a choice i made...  

• Meh 1

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,043 posts
32,936 battles
12 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You remember the removal of premium consumables?  The purpose for that was to help level the playing field between the newer people that didn't have the credits to spend and long time players that could afford to.  The signal change are likely the same thing.  Being a money grab is just the icing on the cake.

That is a valid point. However, then why make flags an expendable commodity? Why no rework them in the same method they did consumables? Instead of fixing the potential issue as they did with consumables, which was a good move, they turned this "fix" into a cash grab. It's very off-putting. 

15 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You get to benefit from all the content you take the time to unlock.  That is your reward.  While the people like your friend might seem to be benefiting, well, that;s a serious double edged sword.  They might benefit, but they are being massively exploited for that benefit by playing extremely inflated prices.  The entire point is to drive them into spending.  They aren't the winners that it might seem look like at first glance.

I get your point there I suppose. I just don't see how that's a good design practice. I also don't see how not engaging in the entirety of the game should be counted as beneficial but engaging in the game's full content limits a player in engaging in some content. My statement sounds as contradictory as the concept.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,599 posts
11 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Why not use 'save' and 'manage' instead of the word horde?

Long Term players complain there isn't enough content, then when there is enough to spend resource they complain others manage their resources better, and can benefit from them. 

In the end, no matter the the resource, those that have played longer and invested time in the game as you say - will have benefitted most from the amount of resource they have (Doubloons aside). That you spent yours on something you thought was worth it at the time, is no different to those that did not and are now choosing to spend. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

As humbly as possible I'd like to think I generally have a good idea of what thier design intents are. Usually I can find a reason for them adding or taking away something in reference to encouraging certian play styles, shift the meta, or encourage more players to play a few more games. However, this simply feels like an actual cash grab. I dont throw around the concept of WG trying to take my money often but in this case I can find no other possible reason.

My best assessment on this is that instead of pushing flags to the top-end players that are able to get achievements day after day, WG instead pushed more flags to folks that get an achievement or two over the course of a month.

While it feels like there's less reward for someone that routinely gets achievements across multiple play sessions per week (and to be fair, it IS less reward for them), it's also a better reward for the guy that happens to luck into a Kraken once a month.  I mean, if you look at it as a whole... if WG gives out say 10,000 flags a day, it's more likely those flags are spread across the breadth of the playerbase then having 50-60 go into the pocket of someone that knocks out 5-6 achievements every day, over and over.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

Members
397 posts
13 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

This is a very good point.

An example - grinding through at lower tiers - how many Kamikaze Rs!!! :cap_wander_2: As long as new players have to put up with players that camp in tiers where their ships are considered so OP they are removed from game.

Swings and roundabouts. You win some, you lose some - but the House will always come out on top! :Smile_teethhappy:

This, this never made sense to me and is probably why other games do so much better than this one does. It makes absolutely no sense for you you to determine a ship is broken in its tier and then simply remove it from play so new players cannot fight with fire. What does make sense is moving that ship into a new tier, or just nerfing it already. If you can't do that because "financial lability" then you restrict that ship to only coop play. "Removing" the ship from other users is simply lazy/incompetent, and hurts more than it helps the game. I play through all the tiers currently with different objectives and you 100% see people camping in certain tiers with broken ships. As someone who knows the ships weaknesses its not bad, but when trying to convince my friends to play the game its a "nope I will just play a game with more competent dev team". I like this game, but I am having serious trouble convincing friends to play it. 

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,043 posts
32,936 battles
1 minute ago, SKurj said:

again, why must you have access to be able to buy everything, because you do everything in the game?  

what's next? its like me complaining that players have RB ships....   when i only have one T10...  it's a choice i made...  

Well doesn't that answer your question? By limiting yourself you get to benefit for not participating but for participating I don't get to benefit from the auction aspect of the game. You must have made that choice a considerable time ago. The auction is only a month old. Would I have spent and played differently if I have known the game was going to introduce this mechanic? Perhaps. If its such a benefit to get RB ships, why not get more tier 10s and RB ships? You have that option. I can't undo my choices to this point while you still can. The answer to winning the auction now is to no longer participate in RB for example and instead just play to make sure I can win an auction? That seems really self-defeating in the game design. 

4 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Why not use 'save' and 'manage' instead of the word horde?

Long Term players complain there isn't enough content, then when there is enough to spend resource they complain others manage their resources better, and can benefit from them. 

In the end, no matter the the resource, those that have played longer and invested time in the game as you say - will have benefitted most from the amount of resource they have (Doubloons aside). That you spent yours on something you thought was worth it at the time, is no different to those that did not and are now choosing to spend. :Smile_honoring:

I dont see it as saving and managing as there is no economy in-game. Your credits are yours and have no effect on any other player until the auction came along. By playing and not being interested in the content you acquired credits no matter what. However,  by not spending those credits because WG couldn't engage you, you get first dibs on a limited resource that may not be spent because the coal ships or captains probably also won't be engaging to you. I'm not trying to insult anyone but I hardly consider it resource management not to take in the content and eventually be rewarded for it by now having access to limited resources as content.

So players that dont spend their credits to play the quarterly tech tree releases now get access to boats that are resource gated for not taking in what offered. However, they get first dibs on taking in the newest coal boats. It just seems really odd to me. If the same coal boats dont interest the player they now get to continue to pile in credits and coal while not engaging in spending it. 

I see alot of people dont agree with me, and thats fine. I just dont get the point because I've fully engaged in the game and am missing out the use of the auction as content. The answer seems to be to stop trying new tech tree ships and regrinding those lines so that I can more easily get the latest boat that goes for coal.

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,734 posts
4 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Well doesn't that answer your question? By limiting yourself you get to benefit for not participating but for participating I don't get to benefit from the auction aspect of the game. You must have made that choice a considerable time ago. The auction is only a month old. Would I have spent and played differently if I have known the game was going to introduce this mechanic? Perhaps. If its such a benefit to get RB ships, why not get more tier 10s and RB ships? You have that option. I can't undo my choices to this point while you still can. The answer to winning the auction now is to no longer participate in RB for example and instead just play to make sure I can win an auction? That seems really self-defeating in the game design. 

I dont see it as saving and managing as there is no economy in-game. Your credits are yours and have no effect on any other player until the auction came along. By playing and not being interested in the content you acquired credits no matter what. However,  by not spending those credits because WG couldn't engage you, you get first dibs on a limited resource that may not be spent because the coal ships or captains probably also won't be engaging to you. I'm not trying to insult anyone but I hardly consider it resource management not to take in the content and eventually be rewarded for it by now having access to limited resources as content.

So players that dont spend their credits to play the quarterly tech tree releases now get access to boats that are resource gated for not taking in what offered. However, they get first dibs on taking in the newest coal boats. It just seems really odd to me. If the same coal boats dont interest the player they now get to continue to pile in credits and coal while not engaging in spending it. 

I see alot of people dont agree with me, and thats fine. I just dont get the point because I've fully engaged in the game and am missing out the use of the auction as content. The answer seems to be to stop trying new tech tree ships and regrinding those lines so that I can more easily get the latest boat that goes for coal.

i still don't get it... you had every opportunity to play the entire game and save up for the auction but you chose not to... they were announced months ago...

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
26 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I guess what it comes down to is that long-term players that engage in the entirety of the game's content can be left behind. The only reward to long-term play with full access to content is the once or twice a year snowflake events. Even with a nearly maxed-out port full of ships, the rewards are less than 100,000 coal.

That's a valid thought, but at what point are you ok with not being able to access all the content, because it's not all meant to be universally accessible?

And really, you're always going to get left behind by somebody.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
37 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

You remember the removal of premium consumables?  The purpose for that was to help level the playing field between the newer people that didn't have the credits to spend and long time players that could afford to.  The signal change are likely the same thing. 

Umm... you do realize, don't you, that what they actually did was to elevate ALL consumables to the premium level and stop charging for them, right?

That was actually generous.

Complaining about that particular change is not a hill you want to die on.

What the signal change does is to reduce Unicum Randoms flag farmers to the level of the humble plebs... but you can still get them for credits, for coal, in missions and in containers. Nobody is obliging ANYBODY to pay real money for them, so the accusation of "cash grab" has to be used with caution. A by-design drain for in-game resources? Possibly. An obligatory IRL money-sink? No.

• Boring 1

[WG]
Administrator, WG Staff
6,581 posts
16,447 battles
20 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

Free-to-Play (and permanent-world games on whole) have two states of player economy.  The Journey and the Honing.

The Journey has you tripping over rocks and stumbling here and there and you plod your way forward toward mastery.  You scrimp and save along the way to purchase the next big thing... the next big upgrade/milestone/ship/module/advantage...  During this process, you're always growing in power while you're spending any wealth you accumulate on growing that power further.

Eventually, you finish the Journey.  Now that you're past that, you don't NEED to spend money to buy new things... you've acquired all things you needed.  You don't NEED to spend money on milestone or upgrades... because you've done all that too.  So now you're in a post-NEED situation and have to figure out... "What now?" 

...Now begins "The Honing"

You can start to collect things for vanity, or you can push for damage stats and wins, or you can create whatever goal you want.

If you want Damage/Stats/Success, they sell Flags for more money than you get from daily farming... so you can use your Credits on something as opposed to having them rot somewhere unused.

If you want to Collect things, they bring out new tech trees lines to use Credits on, and new other ships to use Free XP and Commander XP on.

If you don't have anything to spend your credits on because there's absolutely nothing left... they introduced the Research Bureau so you can regrind already finished content to get even more things.

If you've finished the "Prestige system" that is the R.B., now there are Auctions.  So folks that have "won the game" have something else to use their accumulated mass of stuff on.  And since it's a blind bid, the more accumulated stuff you have the more likely you bid a bigger amount of it (which makes it go away so you can grind it back up again as something to do).

• Cool 3

[D-DAY]
Members
7,599 posts
6 minutes ago, USMC_FMF said:

This, this never made sense to me and is probably why other games do so much better than this one does. It makes absolutely no sense for you you to determine a ship is broken in its tier and then simply remove it from play so new players cannot fight with fire. What does make sense is moving that ship into a new tier, or just nerfing it already. If you can't do that because "financial lability" then you restrict that ship to only coop play. "Removing" the ship from other users is simply lazy/incompetent, and hurts more than it helps the game. I play through all the tiers currently with different objectives and you 100% see people camping in certain tiers with broken ships. As someone who knows the ships weaknesses its not bad, but when trying to convince my friends to play the game its a "nope I will just play a game with more competent dev team". I like this game, but I am having serious trouble convincing friends to play it. 

I agree, but that is where 'Money > Community' when it comes to WG. If they can make a buck - who cares!

Then again, remember the uproar with the GC when it was going to be up-tiered - I see a few of those but the players did not seem to frequent (stay) in the Tier as much as those I looked at with the Kamikaze R.

It is only that every single time I start a new grind that I notice just how much they are played by people who stay around that tier level. Guess if you enjoy it that is what it's all about, but I agree with you regarding ships considered OP. :Smile_honoring:

[DOINK]
Members
926 posts
16,312 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

The last time I posted my thoughts I had a decent amount of community feedback and I appreciated that, plus I got to vent. I figured, with my growing frustrations, I would do it again. ...

Flags:

Auction:

Ship Content:

Community Tokens:

Flags:

I too don't understand the motivations for WG making this change or like it. However, I'm not really impacted as I tend to not use flags (and NEVER buy them). My inventory goes up at a rate faster than I use them. Yes, I should use them more than I do, but not sure that I really care that much. So many people complain about it, but there are plenty of other ways to get flags that (to me) it shouldn't matter that much. It's more of a psychological thing ("I got detonated, but at least I got some flags as compensation for an early exit" etc.)

Auction:

Pretty clear this is a credit sink (and since WG sells credits, its in their interest to remove them from people who have so much they are not tempted to buy any). I simply don't care about it. While I don't have billions (or hundreds of millions of credits) the things they offer in auction I can easily accumulate over time.  Patience is key, but then instant gratification is what some people need.

Variety is the "spice of life" as they say. Long term players are likely to have experienced the various play styles of the ship classes and probably have kept ships that they enjoyed playing. At some point, you either lose interest or you try out these other game modes (since nothing else is of interest or you want the rewards that the temporary game modes offer). I have almost 200 ships (I have sold some but keep most - even those I don't enjoy - I have 28 open slots and 31M credits - after recently buying 3 tier 9s and equipping them, so I don't need to sell ships to create empty slots or to be able to afford a new ship). At present I'm only playing DDs (lots of nations to grind as I don't have a single tier X DD) and a few BBs (RU and IT). When there was nothing new to research it will be a "what do I feel like playing today?". That's everyone's challenge.

Ship Content:

These criticisms have been made before by others, nothing new. WG doesn't ever explain it's ship development selection/process or the amount of resources it takes to develop them (and there will be a rate limit). I'm guessing that they want to stretch things out over as long a time as possible to keep game interest.

Community Tokens:

Not sure why that's here since your post is about your frustrations and this point was positive (I guess you didn't want to be "too negative"?).

[D-DAY]
Members
7,599 posts
12 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

I do and of course there is an economy - you just made a post about it. It is the economy that WG creates and it looks to exploit each and every one of us.

I think the issue is that you see economy as if it is something of which the ebb and flow comes solely from the player base. It doesn't.

Of course some things like the price of premium ships etc will come from WG putting up prices and bundles - and laughing at just how much some will spend (not laughing at them - but at the money rolling in). With other things like Coal and Credits and Resource points - well that is completely manipulated by them (but is still an economy).

I just don't see that your complaint has any real substance - you had the money, you spent it. Others had the money, and they spent it. The only difference is that you spent it at different times; your choice. We are all subject to the 'Have and have not' game WG plays. :Smile_honoring: