You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kevlarburrito

Question about Collections

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
14 posts
1,303 battles

I feel like I'm missing something...can anyone explain to me why some collections you can turn On or Off collecting and others don't give you the options at all?

[WPORT]
Members
20,725 posts
22,656 battles
25 minutes ago, Kevlarburrito said:

I feel like I'm missing something...can anyone explain to me why some collections you can turn On or Off collecting and others don't give you the options at all?

I think the "KOTS" King of the Sea collection is currently on hiatus or is "seasonal" (only on when they're running a tournament?).

Some collections are subscription-based.  Meaning that once you get a piece of the collection, you can keep collecting with your daily containers earned through game-play.

Other collections are non-subscription, and one must exchange coal or other resources to get the containers which contain the collection pieces.

Collection pieces which are duplicates, can be traded-in for a missing piece of a collection.  (The trade-in ratio varies, but it is between 3-to-1 or as high as 5-to-1, often it's 4-to-1).
If you have duplicates in a collection, then click on the empty space of a missing piece in the collection.  A menu should appear to walk you through the process.

If there are two or more subscription-based collections going on at the same time, then turning the one you want most to "ON" will turn-off the others and allow you to collect pieces for your preferred collection the soonest, if I understand the situation correctly.

Hope that helps.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Collections

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Some of the collections reward premium days for completion.
So if we have enough duplicates to complete a collection, we'd shut off collecting and wait for a rainy-day-off to use that premium time.  Then we'd swap token(s) to complete that page to use that saved Premium day.

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
173 posts
11,842 battles

Some of the ones you can’t turn off and on anymore because they were collections during an event. However you can still buy containers for coal to finish the collection. I just had to do that to finish off the one for the 10 special French captain. He has grease the gears and an enhanced AR. 

[GOB]
Members
4,405 posts
24,172 battles

I saw your thread and remembered I needed 9 pieces to complete my ship building collection but couldn't remember why I didn't finish it.

Bought 10 crates with coal. ( I have almost 400K coal so no biggie ) 

8 of the 10 were duplicates.

In fact 3 were the SAME duplicate.

So I am STILL 7 short of completing the collection after spending 10K coal.

That ratio of dups to new is just silly.

I now remember why I gave up on all incomplete collections.

That is all

Members
1,147 posts
4 hours ago, Kevlarburrito said:

You can only turn on/off collection that can be completed from daily containers, not collections that require you to buy special crates for items. Now some of those collections that can be turned off/on may require a special "event" to acquire the first item and start them, but after that subsequent items can come from a daily container.

Example: The code THERISEOFCAP will give you a container (restart of client may be required) that gives you an item that starts the "Bad Advice" collection. This is a collection that you can turn on/off, so while you leave it on, you'll keep collecting items from daily containers to complete that collection.

Note: You can only have one of those collections be active at a time, if you turn on different one, the previous will be turned off automatically. I  usually focus on one collection at a time and only enable the next one, if the previous has been completed.

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
173 posts
11,842 battles

That happened to me with the French captain. I needed about 3 pieces but had to get 7 or 10 containers. Fortunately it was only 3 duplicates to to buy 1 piece. 

Some of those containers buy and start new subscriptions. Naval Air is one that I just finished that you have to buy the first container. After you buy the first one it starts it and then you start getting the pieces in the daily. 

Members
6,667 posts
40 minutes ago, remington79 said:

That happened to me with the French captain. I needed about 3 pieces but had to get 7 or 10 containers. Fortunately it was only 3 duplicates to to buy 1 piece. 

Some of those containers buy and start new subscriptions. Naval Air is one that I just finished that you have to buy the first container. After you buy the first one it starts it and then you start getting the pieces in the daily. 

Yeah, I took a break, so I still have the Soviet Motherland collection I'm working on daily crates, and I still have German Navy to work on after that.

image.png.22e277d84e7a3955d8ad5e340c05cf06.png

But there are other collections that don't let you do that, like the Italian Resolute and Rapid collection.

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
173 posts
11,842 battles

I have too much to do on the Italian Resolute collection especially when a crate is 6k. If it was a subscription I’d shell out the 6k to start it.