Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rocketdog2300

#1 Ranking and boat no longer available for play?

13 comments in this topic

[SLI]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
10,583 posts

The objective of ranked is to reach rank 1.  If you have done that, there is nothing left to do in the ranked mode.  You have "won" (for now).

• Cool 1

[AFK-2]
Members
701 posts
6,232 battles

In addition to what Burnsy has said, Ranked is broken up into 3 leagues Bronze, Silver and Gold with each utilizing different tiers. Currently Bronze is Tier 6 to Tier 7, Silver is Tier 8 to Tier 9, and Gold is just Tier 10. To progress from one to the other you have to play through the qualifiers (which is just playing in Silver until you have obtained 5 stars), once you've finished that, then you will start playing in the next league in the next sprint.  

Edited by cheekywarship2018
  • Cool 2

[COSTA]
Members
96 posts
5,250 battles
37 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The objective of ranked is to reach rank 1.  If you have done that, there is nothing left to do in the ranked mode.  You have "won" (for now).

26 minutes ago, cheekywarship2018 said:

In addition to what Burnsy has said, Ranked is broken up into 3 leagues Bronze, Silver and Gold with each utilizing different tiers. Currently Bronze is Tier 6 to Tier 7, Silver is Tier 8 to Tier 9, and Gold is just Tier 10. To progress from one to the other you have to play through the qualifiers (which is just playing in Silver until you have obtained 5 stars), once you've finished that, then you will start playing in the next league in the next sprint.  

So basically, I have to enlist a different boat to continue on in Ranked battles?

[AFK-2]
Members
701 posts
6,232 battles
9 minutes ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

So basically, I have to enlist a different boat to continue on in Ranked battles?

Correct, at least until the next sprint at which point if you don't qualify for silver, you will start at Rank 10 in bronze again.

• Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
3 hours ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

After i achieved a #1 ranking in Ranked battles, why am i no longer able to play that ship (Scharnhorst)?

Ranked for Bronze League this season is Tier VI and VII ships. Once you reach Rank 1 in Bronze, you have two options: 1) Stop playing Ranked until this Wednesday when the next Ranked Sprint starts. You will restart in Bronze League at Rank 10 and can earn all Bronze League rewards again playing Tier VI and VII ships. 2) Switch to Tier VIII and IX ships and win a net five matches in the Silver League qualifiers. If you win a net five matches before the end of the sprint, you will start the next Sprint in Silver League playing Tier VIII and IX ships for slightly more rewards.

Note - to get notably better rewards in Silver League compared to reaching Rank 1 in Bronze, you actually need to reach Rank 1 in Silver. Otherwise for 18 wins in Silver League, the rewards are more or less comparable to reaching Rank 1 in Bronze League.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

Members
1,872 posts

Why is nobody ever reading the news articles explaining the rules of the mode, or the ingame explanations etc.

All described here: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/ranked-battles-3/

TL;DR: After reaching R1 in a specific league you are automatically placed in the Qualifiers for the next league, which is set in the next league (hence different tiers etc.). If you finish Quals before the sprint ends, you start the next sprint in the higher league, otherwise you will remain in the league where you are now.

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Beta Testers
270 posts
9,580 battles
5 hours ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

be warned, if you win those upcoming games with your T8 and T9 ships, you will start the next ranked season in silver (t8-t9 ships),

meaning you won't be able to play your Scharnhorst.

[-TRM-]
Members
5,566 posts

Which is why many do not try to rank out of Bronze. Take a loss at rank two is easy. Continue to play the good ship.

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
4 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Which is why many do not try to rank out of Bronze. Take a loss at rank two is easy. Continue to play the good ship.

Not this, per se, but if you want to remain in Bronze or you specifically want to play Tier VI and VII in Ranked and not the Tier VIII and IX in Silver, just don't win five qualifier battles. You can get Rank 1 andwin four qualifier battles, just don't win five.

[GROGS]
Members
481 posts
13,815 battles

Bring Leone into Ranked! It will be a very different experience from Scharnhorst.

I've run Leone a few times there. It's...not as bad you as might think. I've never seen another, so maybe it's just undiscovered greatness!