Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Dear WG Can We Restart The Axis V Allies Idea At Tier 6 Its A More Realistic level

13 comments in this topic

[TO07]
Members
4,300 posts
31,674 battles

The idea of a Axis V Allies event is excellent, unfortunately I think WG had hope having it at High Tiers would allow for there SuperCruisers, napkin class ships and ships from the mythical land of Wakanda ( Pan Asia  Capital ships ) would all come together to create dollars signs with a flow on effect that dollars would fill there coffers, however the bogey man reared its ugly head.

Radar yes that's right folks The Allies have it The Axis do not, well in game terms they don't, truth be told all nations had radar just The Allies had better and The Axis used there's for a different purpose.

At Tier 6 the bogey man is eliminated, to the best of my knowledge Atlanta at Tier 7 is where radar starts, more ever at Tier 6 just about every ship in the level actually was built and sailed.

Its a good historical for ships as most of that tier fought at one time or another during the war.

A quick look through the tech tree lines and you find none of this Hocus Pocus gimmickry and going through my list of premium Tier 6 ships they are bare basics to the higher Tier gadgets.

At tier 6 it all boils down to skill, guts and determination, we don't need speed boosters or torpedo reload boosters, pretty certain they didn't use that stuff at The River plate.

If its a money thing then its basic economics, you provide a enjoyable Game / event we intern spend money, rule 101.

So lets get back on track with the Axis V Allies project at tier 6.  

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 9

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

There's one more factor, ship armoring. With the last listed list of ships in an Axis v Allies mode, Axis lacks any ship capable of overmatching 27mm extremities since all they got are 15in rifles, whereas the 16in  that many Allied ships carry have no such issue.

Seconded for tier VI.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,065 posts
29,291 battles

Even Tier 7 would be better than Tier 8 - it gives the Japanese a BB built in steel, for example, something that specifying Tier 8 did not (because Amagi was never completed as a BB). The irony of Tier 7 is that then the Italians would miss out on a viable BB, because both the Veneto and the Doria were built in steel but the Caracciolo was not.

Tier 6 is a lot friendlier to the majority of nations from the viewpoint of actually-built ships, and I see no reason to object to that.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TO07]
Members
4,300 posts
31,674 battles

Dam let me pick myself up of the floor and get back into my chair, I need to read this again :Smile_veryhappy: @Ensign_Cthulhu have you been drinking again.

plus 1  

[ARGSY]
Members
31,065 posts
29,291 battles
3 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Dam let me pick myself up of the floor and get back into my chair, I need to read this again :Smile_veryhappy: @Ensign_Cthulhu have you been drinking again.

plus 1  

Yep, occasionally we actually agree on something. Scary thought, isn't it? :Smile_trollface:

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles

I don't really care that much about the historicity of the ships involved.  I'm a lot more concerned with how all the radar in the game is on the Allied side while the Axis side gets none.

It really galls me that it doesn't appear that the Devs paid any attention to the thought that players might want an Axis vs Allies game mode at some point in the future.  And that trying to split radar fairly between the Axis and Allied navies might be a wise, forward looking decision.

• Cool 1

[TO07]
Members
4,300 posts
31,674 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't really care that much about the historicity of the ships involved.  I'm a lot more concerned with how all the radar in the game is on the Allied side while the Axis side gets none.

It really galls me that it doesn't appear that the Devs paid any attention to the thought that players might want an Axis vs Allies game mode at some point in the future.  And that trying to split radar fairly between the Axis and Allied navies might be a wise, forward looking decision.

I remember as early as 2015 when I first started playing the forums where asking and WG point blank said no, I think you may have been here longer than me.

But of course now that the high Tier stuff is floating about  and there is money to be made which i might ad I have no problem its a different story, and your right its basically to late, there would have to be a complete re balance of Axis ships and that ain't going to happen.    

Edited by tm63au

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,651 battles
27 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I remember as early as 2015 when I first started playing the forums where asking and WG point blank said no, I think you may have been here longer than me.

But of course now that the high Tier stuff is floating about  and there is money to be made which i might ad I have no problem its a different story, and your right its basically to late, there would have to be a complete re balance of Axis ships and that ain't going to happen.    

They really should have given the German fleet Radar.  That would have made some sense from a historical basis.  And give the Russian navy hydro instead to balance things out.  But that ship has sailed.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,450 posts
10,185 battles

WoWS inhabits its own fictional world, there's no need to go full Axis vs Allies, they could use some what if Cold War scenario. Like Nato vs Asian Alliance. Pool Soviets, IJN and PA and that would be a very balanced matchup

[OIL-1]
Members
2,307 posts

No.
Have you already forgotten the WoT fiasco?

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

I really liked the T8 games.  Gave me the opportunity of playing T8 without constantly be shoehorned into the bottom of a T10 match.  Same with T6.  Took a lot of the T8's out of those T6 matches making those more pleasant as well.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Like some have spoken.....    The alliances are a different snapshot for every year, in both wartime and peacetime.

What side is Italy on?   
Are we taking Free French of Vichy French? 
Did you know the early IJN battleships would have been allied with the RN and USA ??
Or for that matter, there is the unspoken 'Soviet Side' avoided by saying they weren't allied with anyone.

And don't forget about early 1920s when US and Great Britain were almost at war over Canada.  (yeah, we forget about that one)

And then we scramble things up after 1945...  But wait..  We have fantasy post-ww2 ships!  Which side would they be on?  Would the Richtoven and Immelmann be on the Warsaw Pact side?
Even so, if these ships actually existed would have meant history would have also changed.

World War One was the Allies versus the Central Powers, not the Axis.

This history/politics/time bending thing is always going to be problematic.

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

WoWS inhabits its own fictional world, there's no need to go full Axis vs Allies,

Yet they easily could, using T5/6 ships, and it would be pretty balanced IMO.

• Cool 1