Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burakkuauto

How do we know if our suggestions are being taken?

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
115 posts
156 battles

Has Wargaming ever responded to them? 

Edited by Burakkuauto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,293
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,735 posts
26,570 battles
1 minute ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Take it on faith that we're being ignored, the evidence clearly supports this.

^

There have been times when things that have been suggested have been implemented, but correlation =/= causation in those cases. In some, very rare, instances there has been results from community pressure - Alabama comes to mind. Graf Zeppelin. Research bureau. That sort of thing.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,911
[WORX]
Members
16,978 posts
22,074 battles

Considering, how long it takes to impliment a suggestion... Some are considered, while others are rejected...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,328
[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Don't listen to the lies here, WG always listens to our suggestions. If you check Dev Blog, you will see quite a few announcements being based on player feedback.

In fact you could argue WG is that knowledgeable that they base changes on player feedback before it even crosses their mind :Smile_trollface:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,488
[-TKS-]
Members
1,706 posts
16,775 battles
13 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Don't listen to the lies here, WG always listens to our suggestions. If you check Dev Blog, you will see quite a few announcements being based on player feedback.

In fact you could argue WG is that knowledgeable that they base changes on player feedback before it even crosses their mind :Smile_trollface:.

I don't know if this is the sarcasm or not but it's absolutely true. 

Did they do everything the playerbase suggests, no.

Do people care what the reason is, no.

"Oh, they didn't do what I said, they don't listen to the community" 

Get outta here.

Edited by Merc_R_Us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,229
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,424 posts
15,698 battles

Why would they listen to us it’s like the same 250 people every week . Plus none of us can agree on anything anyway  . 

Edited by clammboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,328
[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
27 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I don't know if this is the sarcasm or not but it's absolutely true. 

Did they do everything the playerbase suggests, no.

Do people care what the reason is, no.

"Oh, they didn't do what I said, they don't listen to the community" 

Get outta here.

It's a bit of both I'd say. Alot of feedback that would be beneficial to the game ecosystem and be a new avenue for profits gets completely ignored.

On the other hand, WG has access to far more data than we can imagine, meaning they can get some sort of "feedback" or trends to say the least.

Regardless, the company lines get annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
968 posts
221 battles

How to get your suggestion into the game:

  1. Make another game (being a better game helps)
  2. Wait for WG to cherry-pick the part(s) WG believes are best

 

Yukon would be another example of WG being WG and not listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,297
[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,475 battles

I have been reporting the Carousel AND/OR bug for 5 years till I stopped, because I have never received an answer like "we'll look at it", or "stop bugging us, we like the bugs to stay". Instead, crickets.

They are obviously not interested in bug reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,424 battles

Hey

And how many people have been asking for new scenarios to augment or replace the ones we have now.  Years, and its the same old crickets, why?  Simple. wargaming just pumps out new ships which make money; or more recently, forces you to buy signals because they don't give them out for rewards anymore on achievements.  I remember when you got signals in normal containers it was 5 x3 for normal drop and super containers were just that "SUPER" , now they are getting lame, last one being 1,000 doubloons.

 

Pete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[KRAK]
Members
1,947 posts
19,354 battles

WG to new hire....here, read these forums and compile them into organized suggestions by:

MM, Ship Type and nerf, buff issues, torps, IFHE, AP, detection issues, turret rates, then address the maps, premium suggestions, line suggestions, camo concerns, signals, flags, refunds, quitting the game because (1,2,3,4,5, etc), then, well there are CVs and Subs. Also completely cover ranked, randoms, scenarios, and special focus needs to be applied to BOTS.

Please read them for 8 hours, and then later, write a report for staff. If you see a trend, identify if same 5 people or the whole player base. Repeat this everyday, otherwise you will get behind.

WG to new hire, finally, have you played the game ? Hopefully, but maybe not anymore, since you aspire to be a forum guru for mid level management now, and hopefully we can get to upper management with our biggest forum issues.

Edited by Ericson38
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,478
[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,055 posts
33,024 battles
34 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

WG to new hire....here, read these forums and compile them into organized suggestions by:

MM, Ship Type and nerf, buff issues, torps, IFHE, AP, detection issues, turret rates, then address the maps, premium suggestions, line suggestions, camo concerns, signals, flags, refunds, quitting the game because (1,2,3,4,5, etc), then, well there are CVs and Subs. Also completely cover ranked, randoms, scenarios, and special focus needs to be applied to BOTS.

Please read them for 8 hours, and then later, write a report for staff. If you see a trend, identify if same 5 people or the whole player base. Repeat this everyday, otherwise you will get behind.

WG to new hire, finally, have you played the game ? Hopefully, but maybe not anymore, since you aspire to be a forum guru for mid level management now, and hopefully we can get to upper management with our biggest forum issues.

This guy is exactly right.

If you look through the suggestions we see, you'll see that they also contradict one another.  Nerfs and Buffs called for on the same ship. Addition and removal of the same ships. So forth and so on.

Who do you listen to? The player that thinks a ship that comes across as OP to most needs a buff because he has a bad game in it?  The unicum that thinks all ships need nerfs because hes one of the 5% of players that does it easily?  There is so much conflicting input we see and that doesnt account for what we dont see.

First are surveys. At the end of the day we have no idea how many are answered or which way. The second is data. If 1,000 players on the forum say a ship is bad and should be removed but 25,000 players play 10 battles in it daily who do you listen to? 

Even the scenarios mentioned above in this thread. I want more scenarios, or at least the old ones back, and I see them asked for in YouTube and twitch comments, on the forums, and reddit but if only a few thousand people want more out of one hundred thousand they probably see no point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
355 posts
9,276 battles

I post on here not because I think WG will ever take my suggestions seriously, but more because I like the discussion and theory crafting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,198
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles
3 hours ago, clammboy said:

Why would they listen to us it’s like the same 250 people every week . Plus none of us can agree on anything anyway  . 

Pretty much this. WG listens. But the forums are a small part of the player base. And even if a lot of people think it’s a good idea it might not be. Do I think WG could work better with their players? Absolutely. But you can’t run a game by democracy.

Suggestions are absolutely taken up and acted on, just not most of them and it takes time. So to answer the original question, you know they took a suggestion when it appears in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[ZZZZ]
Members
308 posts
11,119 battles
3 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

And how many people have been asking for new scenarios to augment or replace the ones we have now.  Years, and its the same old crickets,

We actually got an answer on that. It's just that the answer was "no, we're not doing that."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
662
[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,424 battles
3 hours ago, Iceland_260 said:

We actually got an answer on that. It's just that the answer was "no, we're not doing that."

Hey

Do you have a link, so I can read it.  It's not like Wargaming does much to answer questions in these forums most of the time.  Thanks.

 

Pete

Edited by sasquatch_research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[CYNIC]
[CYNIC]
Members
355 posts
9,276 battles

I've heard about it, but only second hand from some CCs who talked to WG staff. The main issue is that not a lot of people play Senerios, relatively speaking, and there is not a lot of monetization opportunities in it, so there isn't a lot of drive for them to work on them. 

The Scenarios we do have are the ones that could easily be reworked by substituting Carriers with Battleships. The exceptions to this are Narai and Raptor Rescue. In Narai, they just took away King's aircraft, while in Raptor Rescue, the used it to test Carrier AI. All the other ones they removed had landed bases in them or free spawning aircraft and they didn't want to bother reworking those (I don't know what the technical issues are, or how much work WG put into solving them, just that WG has shown no work on it).

I had hope when WG returned Raptor Rescue that were would see more coming, and that hope was renewed when WG had a question about Cherry Blossom on their Super Tester questionnaire, but based on what WG had been working on, I don't think they have Scenarios in mind for the future of WoWs.

WG uses events to test new mechanics. Lately, it's been subs and multiple teams/FFA. We're are getting submarines. At this point, WG has put to much work into it for it to be any other way. Thankfully, it seems they learned their lessons from the Carrier Rework and are taking it slow. But the development of subs is likely a big reason we don't see work on Scenarios or new Maps. They probably don't have the people to spare on what could likely be a lengthy and prolonged process for a niche group who play the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×