Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mainbrain

Captain transfer and AI 100 %

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

32
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
45 posts
9,497 battles

So, with new nations coming and new ships, its always a challenge to start with lvl 10 captain.

I even heard ppl say they do not buy ships from new nations because of that. 

Maybe we could get a 1-2 captain transfers to new nation ?... of course via doubloons or Captain XP

Most players have a few captains 12 + , and it would  encourage them if they can start new nation ships with their old captains.

 

Also Is it possible to have a game mode for 100 % AI ? sometimes ppl like to play single with AI.

 

Thanks

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,457
[SALVO]
Members
28,062 posts
41,751 battles
55 minutes ago, mainbrain said:

Also Is it possible to have a game mode for 100 % AI ? sometimes ppl like to play single with AI.

I don't even know what this means? 100% AI on the enemy team, like a coop bot team with good captains?  Or something else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,457
[SALVO]
Members
28,062 posts
41,751 battles
56 minutes ago, mainbrain said:

So, with new nations coming and new ships, its always a challenge to start with lvl 10 captain.

I even heard ppl say they do not buy ships from new nations because of that. 

Maybe we could get a 1-2 captain transfers to new nation ?... of course via doubloons or Captain XP

Most players have a few captains 12 + , and it would  encourage them if they can start new nation ships with their old captains.



 

Thanks

 

Honestly, I've always felt that all commanders should start at 10 skill points and no less.  I've also suggested that for ships below tier 5, there should be no commanders, and that commanders should have no skills or 10 points worth of skills pre-selected, and perhaps have those pseudo commanders collect commander's XP that can only be expended once the commander is assigned to a tier 5+ ship.  OTOH, the downside of this is that players don't gain any skill selection experience, i.e. what skills they should pick and which ones to ignore.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
1 hour ago, mainbrain said:

Maybe we could get a 1-2 captain transfers to new nation ?... of course via doubloons or Captain XP

You can...

Sell the commanders of other nations for ECXP (you can use doubloons for more ECXP when you do it but you can also do it w/outspending any money for a reduced amount with credits) & use the ECXP to train up the commanders on the new nations ships.

Been that way since the commander skills rework.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,778
[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles
12 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You can...

Sell the commanders of other nations for ECXP (you can use doubloons for more ECXP when you do it but you can also do it w/outspending any money for a reduced amount with credits) & use the ECXP to train up the commanders on the new nations ships.

Been that way since the commander skills rework.

I’ve only really used that on the (dozens and dozens) of extra commanders they gave up on the PTS, but it’s about the only thing good that came from the skill rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’ve only really used that on the (dozens and dozens) of extra commanders they gave up on the PTS, but it’s about the only thing good that came from the skill rework.

Different skill sets for each type was nice too...although I'm usually just grinding tree lines & don't run many premiums...but when a mission calls for something easily farmed in a premium it's easy to find a commander to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,778
[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles
1 minute ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Different skill sets for each type was nice too...although I'm usually just grinding tree lines & don't run many premiums...but when a mission calls for something easily farmed in a premium it's easy to find a commander to use.

Forgot that.

Used it several times recently as well. (Put my 14 point Fujin driver in Yahagi, for example.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,116 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Forgot that.

Used it several times recently as well. (Put my 14 point Fujin driver in Yahagi, for example.)

Isn't Fujin 1 of the Kami clones (premium)...

I always used to transfer them straight to a tech tree ship line so I can farm the 1st wins off the line ship with them too...you can always still use it in the premium...

But w/so many commanders passed out through the years there's plenty of commanders to go around...although I tend to avoid using the anime ones because I don't wanna turn off the anime look but can't understand the words they scream at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,778
[RLGN]
Members
19,167 posts
35,208 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Isn't Fujin 1 of the Kami clones (premium)...

Yes. Just using that as an example of cross-class transfer. My Fujin driver had enough points to be useful.

My only other good IJN 'cruiser' driver, (ARP Kongo,) already had a build for Takao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,112
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,874 posts
21,372 battles
3 hours ago, mainbrain said:

Maybe we could get a 1-2 captain transfers to new nation ?... of course via doubloons or Captain XP

Most players have a few captains 12 + , and it would  encourage them if they can start new nation ships with their old captains.

You have the ability to recruit new captain and spending some credit to increase the captain level.  Naval Academy - captain lvl6 spent 900 000 credit

You can then use the Elite Captain experiences you had to increase a bit more; And depending on your Free Experiences you had, and your situation, you can make do.

 

Other suggestion: make sure you take the advantage of first win of the day 50%, currently 200%. Signals and camo also added some bonus. Join a clan with upgraded building that can also give you some extra. Of course, Prem time and prem ships can also help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×