Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Happy independence day!

5 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,723 posts
26,569 battles

JL1Jv4K.jpeg

• Cool 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,137 battles

British: "Rebel Scum."

Colonials: "Gits."

Betsy Ross: "Oh dear, when boys fight..."

Washington: "I cannot tell a lie, We got this. Now where is that toothbrush..."

Cornwallis: "I am in hot pursuit, kek, kek, kek."

French: "Lafayette, we are here!"

Hessians: "I should have asked for more money."

Minutemen: "Sure, it is a meme, but who is standing out in the open in a field while we pick you off from the trees."

John Paul Jones: "I will take a bote and raid England, maybe deprive them of their ladies while I am at it."

The Ladies of England: "Oh please take me Mr. Jones. I powdered both cheeks, and combed both sets of hair."

Jones: "Aye, that be beating around the bush, but I am game. I am 100% Scotsman, and now, 100% American. That makes me a Naval God."

Ramirez: "Maybe pendeho, but I highly doubt you are a Highlander. You are always in the water."

Jones: "Where do you think the legend of the Loch Ness Monster came from?  I do #1 over the side and everybody sees me junk. Next they say it is monstrous! But that is why Scotsmen wear kilts. To hide the huge junk! It scares the English and impresses the Ladies."

Modern day...

Great Britain: "Rebel Scum."

USA: "Smeg Head."

France: "At least we gifted them the statue in 1886. They loved it. Thanks for saving our butts twice!"

Hessians now Germans...

Germans: "Don't remind me that we fought FOR the British in that war. We still didn't get paid."

Rest of the World: *Facepalms because history is funny."

Washington: "'Tis Well."

"We Pledge Our Lives, Our Fortunes, Our sacred Honor!"

*From the Declaration of Independence.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
2,395 posts
24,529 battles

And Thank You Dutch, Prussian, Polish, French and even the British Governments for help making this nation for what it is today.  Without your help, we would not be where we are today. Flawed as we (USA) are still trying to do good, always renewing our sense of identity, pursue a common purpose, and expand international collaboration to promote peace and opportunity. To ensure a safe and prosperous future for its citizens. Overall we may stumble at times, but in the end I think we continue progression of the idea of this 4'th of July day.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

It's always interested me that we Americans celebrate "Independence Day" on July 4th when that was only the day when the final draft of a declaration document was approved, a document which wouldn't be (mostly) signed for another month, and not actually delivered to the king until weeks after that. Not to mention that some colonists had actually been fighting for a year already in a war that wouldn't see a peace treaty signed for another seven years -- a war that less than half of the colonists wanted and in which a third actively fought against the rebels. Not to mention, a war that never would have been won had not it been just a local conflict in a world war that the British were fighting at the time, a war in which several powerful countries allied against Britain chose for strategic reasons to side with the rebelling colonists.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It's always interested me that we Americans celebrate "Independence Day" on July 4th when that was only the day when the final draft of a declaration document was approved, a document which wouldn't be (mostly) signed for another month, and not actually delivered to the king until weeks after that. Not to mention that some colonists had actually been fighting for a year already in a war that wouldn't see a peace treaty signed for another seven years -- a war that less than half of the colonists wanted and in which a third actively fought against the rebels. Not to mention, a war that neve3r would have been won had not it been just a local conflict in a world war that the British were fighting at the time, a war in which several powerful countries allied against Britain chose for strategic reasons to side with the rebelling colonists.

That was part of the plan.  Standing alone against Britain was a very tough proposition and aid was sought elsewhere.  It was easy to find as Europe had always been ultra-competitive with each other to the point of regular warfare every now and then.  Britain in the last several decades had quite a bit of success.  France lost a lot of holdings to the British with the Seven Years War.  Spain had issues also with the British.  The Dutch Republic have long had problems with them also.  The American Revolution was an opportunity to get back at the UK.  The Americans succeeded in expanding the war into something far worse and costly for the British.  Putting down the rebellion was already a problem within the British government, but now having to deal with Spain, the Dutch Republic, and France as well in open war?  It was no longer worth it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this