Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rocketdog2300

What to do with my winnings

15 comments in this topic

[COSTA]
Members
96 posts
5,246 battles

Two questions....

Bit of a noob when it comes to all the Exchange categories.

As you can see, I have...

559 in gold

193552063 in coin

204602 in XP

1571262 in ship XP

320635 in Commander XP

What is the best route to advance using the Exchange system?

Also, Once a Commander achieves his maximum training of 21, are skill points no longer awarded?

Screenshot 2021-07-04 115045.png

Edited by Rocketdog2300

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles
4 minutes ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Also, Once a Commander achieves his maximum training of 21, are skill points no longer awarded?

They are, but they go to the elite captain XP pool right away, so you can use them to train up other captains.

• Cool 1

[COSTA]
Members
96 posts
5,246 battles
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

They are, but they go to the elite captain XP pool right away, so you can use them to train up other captains.

OK, so basically start from scratch with a newer better captain and build him up?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

OK, so basically start from scratch with a newer better captain and build him up?

Up to you. No XP is lost, whatever you do.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
1 hour ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Two questions....

559 in gold

193552063 in coin

204602 in XP

1571262 in ship XP

320635 in Commander XP

I have questions...

You have a 21-point commander on the Tier I Pan-European ship, and more than 1.5M ship XP. 

Have you only played the Tier I ships?

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
8,871 posts
27,057 battles
58 minutes ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Not really better, but assigned to a different ship, You can use this XP to get each new captain you train past the 10pt threshhold.

• Cool 1

[COSTA]
Members
96 posts
5,246 battles
8 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I have questions...

You have a 21-point commander on the Tier I Pan-European ship, and more than 1.5M ship XP. 

Have you only played the Tier I ships?

Not all the time.

I do play Ranked battles with a Scharnhorst and have tried out other ships and Tiers.

My main objective was to get 21 on at least one boat before i progressed.

[PRDEF]
Members
185 posts
15,417 battles

You should at least get to Tier V so you can get the benefit of being able to complete daily missions and the never-ending stream of combat missions.

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Members
334 posts
2,244 battles
1 hour ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Not all the time.

I do play Ranked battles with a Scharnhorst and have tried out other ships and Tiers.

My main objective was to get 21 on at least one boat before i progressed.

:cap_wander:

Now that’s dedication.  

[ANZ4C]
[ANZ4C]
Members
645 posts
10,685 battles
5 hours ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Two questions....

559 in gold

193552063 in coin

204602 in XP

1571262 in ship XP

320635 in Commander XP

Short answers?

Regarding the exchange system, dont. just dont. It ain't worth it.

Regarding captain xp, once a captain gets to 21 points, any xp it earns go to a global CXP pool that can be used to skill up other captains

• Cool 1

[COSTA]
Members
96 posts
5,246 battles
7 hours ago, rufus374 said:

You should at least get to Tier V so you can get the benefit of being able to complete daily missions and the never-ending stream of combat missions.

I do play a Scharnhorst VII in plenty of Ranked battles with a current #4 ranking.

Edit: Scratch that... I made #1 ranking this evening!

Edited by Rocketdog2300
  • Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
10 hours ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

All the XP you earned on your captain goes to your Elite Commander XP pool at a 1:1 ratio. Therefore, if you earned 6,727 commander XP on a 21-point commander in battle, you would have 6,727 Elite Commander XP that you can use to add skill points to any commander not already at 21 points. 

This is a bit similar to Free XP, of which you have 204,602, which can be used to purchase ships for Free XP or advance your tech tree lines by upgrading modules or to higher-tier ships. This is basically a shortcut for actually playing a given ship. 

I would strongly recommend reading the Economy article on the Wiki, it honestly seems like you have no idea how it works.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 1

[COSTA]
Members
96 posts
5,246 battles
7 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

All the XP you earned on your captain goes to your Elite Commander XP pool at a 1:1 ratio. Therefore, if you earned 6,727 commander XP on a 21-point commander in battle, you would have 6,727 Elite Commander XP that you can use to add skill points to any commander not already at 21 points. 

This is a bit similar to Free XP, of which you have 204,602, which can be used to purchase ships for Free XP or advance your tech tree lines by upgrading modules or to higher-tier ships. This is basically a shortcut for actually playing a given ship. 

I would strongly recommend reading the Economy article on the Wiki, it honestly seems like you have no idea how it works.

Appreciate the advice and recommedations.

You are correct... I'm still trying to figure out the system.

I just play my best.... it is after all just a game.

Edited by Rocketdog2300
  • Cool 1

Members
5,055 posts
14,302 battles
11 hours ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Yep, that it is. And I think everyone will agree that the economic system can be confusing. 

Basically the XP that you earn when you play is of three types. Ship XP, which you can then use to unlock upgrade modules on the ship and then also eventually unlock the next ship in the tech tree (assuming you are playing a tech tree ship); commander XP, which will be the same as ship XP unless you have signals or camouflage that increase the different XP type gains and which your ship commander will gradually unlock the ability to purchase new skills up to 21 points; and Free XP, which is accrued at a base rate of 5% of your earned XP and is flexible - it can be used to purchase ships that are only available for Free XP, or it can be used in place of ship XP to upgrade or unlock tech tree ships, or to upgrade commander skills. 

A good rule for currencies is that you should never convert a rarer currency into a less-rare currency. I.e. don't exchange doubloons for credits or free XP, and don't convert steel to coal. It's inefficient and grossly expensive to do that. The only times you should even consider doing this is if the conversion would allow you to purchase a ship that is being discontinued that you really want, and you won't have enough time before the ship is discontinued to accrue the regular currency for it. 

For example, Alaska was recently removed, and it was previously available for 1M Free XP. Alaska is a really great ship, and if you have the money, it would have been worthwhile to pay to convert Free XP to get it if paying to convert the Free XP you needed (1M FXP - however much FXP you had saved) was cheaper than outright buying the ship for cash.

Another example would have been the removal of Thunderer as a coal ship. Thunderer is also really strong, and if you needed just a little bit more coal to get her before she was removed and you had the steel to convert, that would have been a wise choice. 

Another important rule for making decisions like this is to wait until the last day. Ship removals are announced usually at least one to three patches ahead of time. There's no hurry. Save as much as you can and only use the extortionate exchange rates between currencies to make up any deficit you have at the very end. 

• Thanks 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
12 hours ago, Rocketdog2300 said:

Basically, you want your 21-pointer on the highest tier ship possible, to gain the most XP.

Along with that, use signals and camo to boost XP even more.

• Cool 1