You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CallingElvis

Detonations

28 comments in this topic

[X-PN]
Members
3,841 posts
17,722 battles
17 minutes ago, Calling__Elvis said:

Did frequency change? I have 3 detonations in 5 DD games today.

WG really wants to remind you to buy dem flags.....

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
3,898 posts
7,848 battles
3 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

WG really wants to remind you to buy dem flags.....

Lol yup 

• Funny 1

[BIG_E]
Members
654 posts
5,172 battles

before earning flags from achievements was removed, I used to say when either me or another person got detonated: "well, at least I got more det flags" or " look at the bright side, you've got more det flags." fun time indeed.

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

Magazine mod is your friend. I've been running my DDs without the flag for some time now and it is holding steady, no dets so far.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
1 hour ago, Calling__Elvis said:

You have to be aware that DDs are more vulnerable to detonations than any other ship type.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
2 hours ago, Calling__Elvis said:

I thought I saw Elvis 🤔😏🤣

Stop packing your ship with hair gel, polyester spandex, and liquor. All those things can trigger an explosion 💥. Even carrying taco bell would do it if a crew member had a gassy issue. Just add an open flame 🔥.

🤣

• Funny 2

[TMS]
Members
4,208 posts
43,393 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Magazine mod is your friend. I've been running my DDs without the flag for some time now and it is holding steady, no dets so far.

That's what i do but i still get dets now and then.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
2 hours ago, eviltane said:

Lol yup 

I concur. I explode all the time. 💥And WG knows I won't buy any.😏

So I get a super container every now and then with 100 juliets. 😏Apparently, I make WG laugh.😏

🤣

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
1 hour ago, josh14735 said:

before earning flags from achievements was removed, I used to say when either me or another person got detonated: "well, at least I got more det flags" or " look at the bright side, you've got more det flags." fun time indeed.

Now, you just explode. 💥Players point and laugh. 🤣

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Sure, you said that, but I bet you knocked on wood. 🤣💥

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

You have to be aware that DDs are more vulnerable to detonations than any other ship type.

Yeah, Thunderer players love to see if they can detonate a DD. You can almost hear the Dr Evil laugh when they detonate you.

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
5 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

You should also mention that you get a lot of potential damage. Because I think 🤔 you get more detonations if you are heavily focused.

I sometimes get heavily focused in Randoms. It's as if Red wants me dead 😏🤣💥

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,668 battles
1 hour ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yeah, Thunderer players love to see if they can detonate a DD. You can almost hear the Dr Evil laugh when they detonate you.

BB HE and DDs don't mix well.  :Smile_trollface:

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

Whenever I would detonate a ship I would always type in all chat "You're welcome for the signals" but not anymore :(

Members
6,667 posts
7 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I detonated a Kuma one day, with Wyoming HE, from spawn, and I didn't actually hit him with a shell.  HE blast...

Just lofted an HE salvo from the forward guns because I could see him, not expecting anything except *maybe* a chip.  :cap_cool:

(Wyoming accuracy is a bit unreliable past 10 km.  There's a reason it has 12 guns...)

Edited by Kesh_Lives

[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles
7 hours ago, Final8ty said:

I'm expecting to get dets at some point, so far I've been lucky. But the module impact is very noticeable, without it you explode like popcorn very frequently.

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

Destroyers tend to detonate more than cruisers which detonate more than battleships.  This is owing to the relative size, placement and protection surrounding magazines.  A few years ago, I made some rough estimations at the rate of detonation on a per-type basis by following accounts that used one ship type overall others.  Your odds of detonating per type work approximately to the following:

• Battleships:  1 game in 150.
  • Cruisers:  1 game in 100 (though this varies tremendously depending on the kind of cruiser, with scout and destroyer leaders being almost as vulnerable as DDs and large cruisers being comparable to battleships)
  • Destroyers:  1 game in 40.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
3 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

I detonated a Kuma one day, with Wyoming HE, from spawn, and I didn't actually hit him with a shell.  HE blast...

Just lofted an HE salvo from the forward guns because I could see him, not expecting anything except *maybe* a chip.  :cap_cool:

(Wyoming accuracy is a bit unreliable past 10 km.  There's a reason it has 12 guns...)

Yeah, but tell that to the Kuma player...

"Daddy brought the shotgun, run!"

• Funny 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
3 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Destroyers tend to detonate more than cruisers which detonate more than battleships.  This is owing to the relative size, placement and protection surrounding magazines.  A few years ago, I made some rough estimations at the rate of detonation on a per-type basis by following accounts that used one ship type overall others.  Your odds of detonating per type work approximately to the following:

• Battleships:  1 game in 150.
  • Cruisers:  1 game in 100 (though this varies tremendously depending on the kind of cruiser, with scout and destroyer leaders being almost as vulnerable as DDs and large cruisers being comparable to battleships)
  • Destroyers:  1 game in 40.

Uh, then I must be above average in my DD, I explode a lot per week if I sail a lot of DDs. It is sometimes 2-3 times a day in a shima. Or 2 times per day in a Benham. But it could be that I am focused more than some. My Potential damage is in the millions. LOL

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts
22 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Uh, then I must be above average in my DD, I explode a lot per week if I sail a lot of DDs. It is sometimes 2-3 times a day in a shima. Or 2 times per day in a Benham. But it could be that I am focused more than some. My Potential damage is in the millions. LOL

Keep in mind that anything cruiser-calibre or larger that hits your ship is probably also tickling one of your magazines. Any destroyer-calibre stuff that hits near your guns will be too.  If you're not using Magazine Modification 1, once your hit points are below 70%, that's a 1% chance (minimum!) per hit that your magazines are going to go off.  So it's really no wonder that DDs pop to detonations as often as they do.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SR-_-]
Members
5,505 posts
53,148 battles
1 minute ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Keep in mind that anything cruiser-calibre or larger that hits your ship is probably also tickling one of your magazines. Any destroyer-calibre stuff that hits near your guns will be too.  If you're not using Magazine Modification 1, once your hit points are below 70%, that's a 1% chance (minimum!) per hit that your magazines are going to go off.  So it's really no wonder that DDs pop to detonations as often as they do.

Ah, that explains it, so If I moved my magazines ..er manga, then I won't explode as much. But hiding them under the bed doesn't work. The bigger botes find it every time. And the celery stalk doesn't work either. I will need to have a word with MacGruber about that. 

I sure don't like to be tickled with HE. :cap_look:

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts
Just now, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Ah, that explains it, so If I moved my magazines ..er manga, then I won't explode as much. But hiding them under the bed doesn't work. The bigger botes find it every time. And the celery stalk doesn't work either. I will need to have a word with MacGruber about that. 

I sure don't like to be tickled with HE. :cap_look:

Keep in mind, when battleships start tossing HE at you, they don't even need to hit your ship to damage your magazines.  Even 203mm heavy cruiser HE shells can do the same if they land just short of your hull.  I wish the game provided feedback on module damage.  Most people aren't even aware that their magazines are in rough shape before they explode.

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 1