Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BOBTHEWOMTAD

Constellation rear turret angles

3 comments in this topic

[DTM]
Members
1 post
10,599 battles

• Issue:

Constellation has issues with rear turrets that cause for inconsistent aiming at close ranges (<10KM) due to barrel elevation.

• Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.

If the U/I shows the turret able to track the target but not fire, it would be difficult to see that the barrel elevation is the problem. I can see this needing to be the case with ships with 360 degree turrets,  or ships that cannot aim point blank at the bow due to flaring of the bow, but at ranges where the ship is able to use torpedoes and not being able to use the firing angles of the rear turrets is a bit of a pain.

• How to Replicate: Give us examples on how to reproduce this bug.

Use rear turret camera mode, aim at a spot <10km near the edges of the turret angle. You can see the U/I indicate the firing status of the turret, but not fire unless you rotate the turret past the point where it can depress to a normal amount. For the Y turret you can see the vent stack it has to elevate above, the X turret its harder to see the box it elevates over.

• Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

See attached replay for footage.

I understand that turrets won't be able to fire at targets they cannot elevate correctly to. The general thought I have is that if I have a ship that is firing at range to a target (and my turret doesn't rotate through my ship) if the turret is rotating to track the angle of the target it should be able to fire at the target. 

20210703_142510_PASB538-Constellation_00_CO_ocean.wowsreplay

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
159 posts
32,797 battles

This is just how the ship is.  Its been mentioned in cc reviews. The rear guns have bad angles.  

[CAAT]
Members
6,270 posts
8,033 battles

T7 California and her ABYSMAL gun firing angles: "First time?"

It's probably just bad firing angles, yeah.

Sign in to follow this