You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shwartzs

World of Nerfs is at it again

54 comments in this topic

[5D]
Members
21 posts
19,240 battles

Now your messing with concealments. You dev's would stop making these minor adjustments this game would have better chance of being popular in USA. But instead what we have a high pop at about 13k if we are lucky. What's EU and other server locations have 200k to 300k? Stop nerfing your ships. You think your fixing it. But honestly your ruining it. I refuse to play smolensk after that huge nerf you added on its range. but that is just a chip of all the changes you keep doing and honestly your not making it better. And certainly pissing a lot of people off.

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 4

[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles

California, Oklahoma reload nerfs: "First time?"

I really don't get Wargaming's fascination with taking perfectly acceptable, non-overpowered, usable ships, and just slapping them with an unnecessary reload nerf, screwing up their gunnery...

Edited by SaiIor_Moon
  • Cool 2

[VOP]
Members
1,156 posts
2 minutes ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

I really don't get Wargaming's fascination with taking perfectly acceptable, non-overpowered, usable ships, and just slapping them with an unnecessary reload nerf, screwing up their gunnery...

Like messing up Greased Gears and screwing up all the lower tier early war ships.

• Cool 3

[CAAT]
Members
6,259 posts
8,033 battles
4 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Like messing up Greased Gears and screwing up all the lower tier early war ships.

AHHHhh, don't remind me!! That one is SUCH a simple fix too, and it'll improve ALL ships, not just the ships that DON'T need improvement. I honestly hate how it's implemented currently.

The answer to all our prayers: -20% turret traverse time. That's it. Switch it from +20% to -20%, traverse speed to traverse time. Done. Easy. Easier than balancing secondaries even. :P

[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
24 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

Now your messing with concealments. You dev's would stop making these minor adjustments this game would have better chance of being popular in USA. But instead what we have a high pop at about 13k if we are lucky. What's EU and other server locations have 200k to 300k? Stop nerfing your ships. You think your fixing it. But honestly your ruining it. I refuse to play smolensk after that huge nerf you added on its range. but that is just a chip of all the changes you keep doing and honestly your not making it better. And certainly pissing a lot of people off.

What nerf

[BONKY]
Members
2,282 posts
26,807 battles
14 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

Now your messing with concealments

Name a currently released ship that has had its concealment nerfed in the last two months, or when they nerfed Concealment Expert after the CV disaster.

15 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

You dev's would stop making these minor adjustments this game would have better chance of being popular in USA

Minor buffs and nerfs are actually far better than massive hammer swings. Look at Yueyang, they took a good DD that only needed a minor tweak, and in one shot killed it to the point the T9 is better

19 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

ut instead what we have a high pop at about 13k if we are lucky. What's EU and other server locations have 200k to 300k

If 300k people play this game, the servers would detonate in about 5minutes. Also where the hell do these numbers come from? Most times on NA server pop averages from 5-8k, most other servers 6-10, and RU around 10-12.

23 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

I refuse to play smolensk after that huge nerf you added on its range.

Other than CVs, if there was one ship that deserved to have its a$$ slapped with a nerf hammer, it was Smolensk.

26 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

And certainly pissing a lot of people off.

I think people are pissed at WG more about the fact that WG, competency in communication and feedback handling are two things that have never been uttered in the same sentence before than game balance problems

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
7,757 posts
39 minutes ago, Shwartzs said:

think you are confusing ships with tanks...   tanks has population numbers like that in RU/EU... but ships never has.

[BONKZ]
Privateers
8,023 posts
21,273 battles
46 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

Grease the gears is not messed up, it actually makes sense now. 

Imagine if there was a captain skill that increased your ships firing by 1 shot per minute instead of something like 10% faster reload. Because that's how expert marksman was worded. It was stupid and I'm glad it makes sense now

• Boring 1
  • Meh 3

[ARGSY]
Members
31,062 posts
29,291 battles
26 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

Look at Yueyang, they took a good DD that only needed a minor tweak, and in one shot killed it to the point the T9 is better

And that's even without the vocal Fletcher/Chung Mu fan club (strike out that which does not apply) which holds, generally through experience, that the Fletcher class DD is a better platform than the Gearing (US) or Allen M Sumner (P-A) in the first place.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,448 posts
10,185 battles
1 hour ago, Shwartzs said:

Now your messing with concealments. 

What? where? I'm not aware of concealment nerfs

You dev's would stop making these minor adjustments this game would have better chance of being popular in USA. 

unlikely minor adjustments have anything significant to do with popularity. Almost every game performs minor adjustments.

What's EU and other server locations have 200k to 300k? 

I think you need new glasses

I refuse to play smolensk 

Congratulations, you are actively improving the game

• Cool 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,796 posts
20,735 battles

so.. what is the supposed nerf?

Where is the evidence/dev blog indicating a nerf?

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Now your messing with concealments. You dev's would stop making these minor adjustments this game would have better chance of being popular in USA.

If the devs went full-on arcade, then this game would have a better chance of being popular in the USA.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
41 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I think he's referring to how it boosts traverse speed instead of traverse time, not that it's now relative, instead of absolute as previously.

[VOP]
Members
1,156 posts
3 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

Imagine if there was a captain skill that increased your ships firing by 1 shot per minute instead of something like 10% faster reload. Because that's how expert marksman was worded. It was stupid and I'm glad it makes sense now

It could still be changed from "increased traverse speed" to "reduced traverse time". It would still make sense and unnerf the ships they hosed.

• Thanks 1

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles

Which games don't have balance passes? COD recently nerfed its ARs and attachments to promote the sense of "player growth" from learning how to adapt to recoil.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
5 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

Wait California was nerfed what is this  :Smile_sceptic: Seriously wargaming has no mercy on any ship with nurf hammer :Smile_hiding:

TyQVprq.gif

13 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Which games don't have balance passes? COD recently nerfed its ARs and attachments to promote the sense of "player growth" from learning how to adapt to recoil.

Don't know dude f2p games balance is kind sus :Smile_hiding:

Supertest Coordinator
7,223 posts
14,436 battles
7 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

Wait California was nerfed what is this  :Smile_sceptic: Seriously wargaming has no mercy on any ship with nurf hammer :Smile_hiding:

TyQVprq.gif

I mean, League of Legends has had hundreds of balance patches. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/

They even make infographics so you can see the massacre.

image.thumb.png.2bdfb3a21ac04cee12a4fcfeba4fba3f.png
They straight up nerf new champions 2 weeks after their release if it's too strong.

Edited by Compassghost

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
1 minute ago, Compassghost said:

I mean, League of Legends has had hundreds of balance patches. https://na.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/

They straight up nerf new champions 2 weeks after their release if it's too strong.

No offense @Compassghost But never try League I will never either :Smile_popcorn:But yeah I guess so it makes sense but some balance choices are questionable, to say the least :Smile_hiding:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles
13 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

They even make infographics so you can see the massacre.

image.thumb.png.2bdfb3a21ac04cee12a4fcfeba4fba3f.png

Rito Balance department: Nerfs Gwen's attack speed while buffing Dr.Mundo's damage on his Q which didn't need a buff.

Their art and music department are great but their balancing department's on acid.

~Hunter

Members
6,667 posts

I haven't even seen the stuff he's talking about the US BBs. 

Smolensk happened with the captain rework, lost some range, but, that's fine, imo.  Besides, Smolensk is a 'special' ship, so it can be nerfed at will, like the whole thread about Salem and Thunderer.

Edited by Kesh_Lives

[ARS]
Beta Testers
8,336 posts
9,613 battles
6 hours ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

48 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

No, California's reload was never nerfed. It was reduced to a painful level during development and there it has remained since being released.  Oklahoma's was also reduced during development, but unlike California it has been slightly improved post release.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,861 posts
3,004 battles
4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

No, California's reload was never nerfed. It was reduced to a painful level during development and there it has remained since being released.  Oklahoma's was also reduced during development, but unlike California it has been slightly improved post release.

Oh I see I was about to say that ships need a little help not more nerfing :Smile_teethhappy: Don't have one that BB line though and that long reload don't get me to start it on the Kansas OP AA for tier 7 BB  :cap_rambo:

QNyHQF2.gif