You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_Biv

How do you report a someone you suspect is a BOT

12 comments in this topic

[CGN41]
Members
29 posts
16,620 battles

I just watched someone sail their DD straight into the enemy. It didn't make sense. I checked their stats after the game and this person has played nearly 8000 random games in less than a year. Their win rate is 36.75% and a destruction ratio of 0.09, which means they rarely contribute to their team, or even shoot. It's got to be either a BOT or someone intentionally trying to annoy other players.

Why does WG let players like this play. How do you report them other than the useless in game report "plays poorly"?

[IWP]
Members
54 posts
10,598 battles

You can send a ticket to customer support with replay, but it will probably be ignored.

This is a long-standing problem.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
2,542 posts
14,702 battles
29 minutes ago, Chief_Biv said:

How do you report them other than the useless in game report "plays poorly"?

Do not waste your time.. any feedback from the NA goes straight to the round file.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[FRR]
Members
1,055 posts
18,696 battles
23 minutes ago, Chief_Biv said:

I just watched someone sail their DD straight into the enemy. It didn't make sense. I checked their stats after the game and this person has played nearly 8000 random games in less than a year. Their win rate is 36.75% and a destruction ratio of 0.09, which means they rarely contribute to their team, or even shoot. It's got to be either a BOT or someone intentionally trying to annoy other players.

Why does WG let players like this play. How do you report them other than the useless in game report "plays poorly"?

Happened to me just awhile ago. Player took his/her Tier IX German DD F. Schultz, and ran straight to the cap to die. 

No smoke. No dodge. Just bot like behavior. I think that player you saw is the same player I'm talking about:

7945 battles played • 36.74% WR • 673.65 XP • 0.09 Destruction Ratio

When I checked how that player (starts with the letter "B") fared in F. Schultz, the numbers confirmed my suspicions:

265 battles played • 28.30% WR • 465.83 XP • 0.01 Destruction Ratio.

And worse of all, 437.40 Average Damage per battle on a very capable and lethal German DD!

Unbelievable!

• Cool 1

[CK5]
Members
1,625 posts
16,305 battles
54 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

Do not waste your time.. any feedback from the NA goes straight to the round file.

This, very much this.  

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
Members
4,575 posts

Certain missions require bot like behavior to brute force the grind with many ships in a short time. Thats probably how that person got so many games in a short time.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
16,353 posts
12 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Certain missions require bot like behavior to brute force the grind with many ships in a short time. Thats probably how that person got so many games in a short time.

I have to admit that, in Coop, I've just sent a ship into the melee and let it get pounded and sunk then grabbed another one "rinse and repeat" in order to complete some of those "obtain x amount of secondary battery damage" or "obtain x amount of potential damage" objectives. Sometimes obtaining objectives is counter-productive to "proper" gameplay.

Edited by Snargfargle

[-BTP-]
Members
408 posts
13,379 battles

I was just in a battle with a player, that has very good stats. He drove his Graf Zeppelin into enemy ships.

Members
1,030 posts
13,830 battles

Waste of time. There are actually known "bots" and pure griefers that have been reported to the moon and evidence sent to support already. If you suspect it, send it to support and report in game. But it's really hard to ban them since playing bad or like a bot isn't really grounds for account suspension. Since at the end of the day,  it comes down to are they playing badly cause they want to and it's their own individual skill level in play, or is it actually a bot? It's a very fine line and a hard one to judge.

[CCPLZ]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,815 posts
17,741 battles

Report any issues like this to the Customer Support team. 

Do not post about it here. It is like going to the lounge at Denny's to complain to the people at the Bar about shady lawyers. It does exactly as much to resolve the issue. 

• Meh 2