Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GEOCHUCKGEO

FINALLY ENCOUNTERED "EVIL BOUNCING BOMBS"

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
117 posts
10,082 battles

OUCH !!!!  The "Evil Bouncing Bombs" !!!  Who allowed this one?  In a Thunderer (criminally downgraded by WOW against my 2nd Amendment Rights), plane hit me 4 times on first pass, then 4 more on second pass. Probably 4 more times if I hadn't shot down entire flight group using my "AI Super Lucky Gunners".  Then within several minutes, CV used same tactics on another BB. If you're going to give Carriers such an advantage, while they're hiding in a corner to avoid damage, how about improving something on the victim's ship?   

  • Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377
[WDWL]
[WDWL]
Members
618 posts
23,237 battles

The pot calling the kettle black. What about the BBs you set ablaze from 20km regardless of angle? What about the cruisers you overmatched into oblivion with your 457mm AP? Do they have any counterplay against you?

I'm no CV supporter but I also don't  think Thunderer players deserve any sympathy. 

  • Cool 6
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles

^^^Gonna have to agree with the. 1st responder there...

If it was anything but a Thunderer that simultaneously did the exact same thing to somebody camped not too far from their CV...I would wholly agree...

Bouncing bombs are bad...M'kay.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,521
[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If it was anything but a Thunderer (that 10 seconds later was back to full health w/it's super heal anyway)

Thunderer doesnt have a superheal.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,667 posts
7 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Thunderer doesnt have a superheal.

It's still Thunderer...doesn't really need sympathy.

If he wants sympathy, it's in the dictionary between a couple words...

EDIT: And, yes, I have Thunderer, too...

Edited by Kesh_Lives
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,357 posts
3,059 battles
1 hour ago, GEOCHUCKGEO said:

(criminally downgraded by WOW against my 2nd Amendment Rights

OH no. That's the USS St. Louis you're looking for when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,198
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

This this a Thunderer complaining about getting repeatedly hit by large HE munitions?

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of sympathy here buddy.

 

Midway and FDR can do the same thing with HE bombs, and Immelman has other issues (try hitting DDs with those skip bombs)

 

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,667 posts
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

This this a Thunderer complaining about getting repeatedly hit by large HE munitions?

I wouldn't expect a whole lot of sympathy here buddy.

Midway and FDR can do the same thing with HE bombs, and Immelman has other issues (try hitting DDs with those skip bombs)

Also, BBs need to get used to it.  With rockets now being harder to use, a lot of CVs (especially the less-skilled) are going to be hitting a lot more BB superstructures with HE ordnance, whether those are bombs or rockets...

Edited by Kesh_Lives
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,308
[SALVO]
Members
16,461 posts
10,200 battles

man, you gotta love how Karma works :Smile_trollface:

 

  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,521
[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
24 minutes ago, Kesh_Lives said:

It's still Thunderer...doesn't really need sympathy.

If he wants sympathy, it's in the dictionary between a couple words...

EDIT: And, yes, I have Thunderer, too...

Not saying she does.  Just correcting an inaccuracy. Thunderer is more of a glass cannon due to her plating but a glorious glass cannon regardless. 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,598
[PVE]
Members
10,597 posts
32,075 battles
49 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Thunderer doesnt have a superheal.

Only played a few battles after getting it...assumed it did as I survived all of them (really not my SOP)...

But to be fair the 1st 2 were testing out Deadeye (which I did from just at border of detection range at 1st instead of at the back of the map...but after 1st flank was cleared you were at "back of map" ranges by default because only thing in the open center caps were generally undetected DDs)...

& the 3rd one was to farm a heroic achievement which only took 1 battle to get the Whitherer.

Thanx for clarifying...will edit.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,242
[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
4,343 posts
26,779 battles

the last time one of them shot bouncing bombs at my FDR, they found out FDR likes beating up Immelmans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,023
[ARGSY]
Members
31,080 posts
29,325 battles
4 hours ago, GEOCHUCKGEO said:

criminally downgraded by WOW against my 2nd Amendment Rights

If eight 18+ guns firing out to 20+ kilometres isn't 2A enough for you, you have a problem.

Maybe you would be satisfied with something even bigger:Smile_trollface:

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
117 posts
10,082 battles

So many players just Jealous of Thunderers.  So sad to see that.  But that's OK, it's just a game. :Smile_bajan2: "Blow the man Down"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,046
[WOLFG]
Members
1,250 posts
21,753 battles
1 hour ago, GEOCHUCKGEO said:

So many players just Jealous of Thunderers.  So sad to see that.  But that's OK, it's just a game. :Smile_bajan2: "Blow the man Down"

You mistake jealousy with contempt, lol. Turn into the planes when you see them coming for you. Makes the CVs job harder if you maneuver some. Just common sense. And yes, I have a Thunderer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,846
[SGSS]
Members
6,915 posts
On 7/2/2021 at 3:18 PM, GEOCHUCKGEO said:

OUCH !!!!  The "Evil Bouncing Bombs" !!!  Who allowed this one?  In a Thunderer (criminally downgraded by WOW against my 2nd Amendment Rights), plane hit me 4 times on first pass, then 4 more on second pass. Probably 4 more times if I hadn't shot down entire flight group using my "AI Super Lucky Gunners".  Then within several minutes, CV used same tactics on another BB. If you're going to give Carriers such an advantage, while they're hiding in a corner to avoid damage, how about improving something on the victim's ship?   

Thunder....hummm the only true Op ship is complaining about getting hit.

Hummmmmm......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,007 posts

Just dodge, Bro... 

You have about 3 or 4 seconds from drop until impact to make a hard-turn to port. These bombs can sap 10,000hp per strike if all 4 bombs connect at T10. Sometimes more? 

Skip bombers only work well it they attack from a perfect 90 degrees angle however. 

I hear this new Russian CV line will feature more skip bombers. It should be fun.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,136
[NMKJT]
Members
4,286 posts
9,133 battles
12 hours ago, GEOCHUCKGEO said:

So many players just Jealous of Thunderers.  So sad to see that.  But that's OK, it's just a game. :Smile_bajan2: "Blow the man Down"

I have a Thunderer, the difference is I don't complain when someone punishes it for being such a dirty ship. You do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,855
[TDRB]
Members
7,362 posts
16,186 battles
On 7/2/2021 at 2:30 PM, AbyssAngkor said:

The pot calling the kettle black. What about the BBs you set ablaze from 20km regardless of angle? What about the cruisers you overmatched into oblivion with your 457mm AP? Do they have any counterplay against you?

I'm no CV supporter but I also don't  think Thunderer players deserve any sympathy. 

What if the ship was different T10 BB, would the complaint be valid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377
[WDWL]
[WDWL]
Members
618 posts
23,237 battles
9 hours ago, kgh52 said:

What if the ship was different T10 BB, would the complaint be valid?

I think Thunderer does the exact things that make CVs so toxic to play against, minus the spotting. Strikes from long range, deals damage regardless of angle, hides behind teammates in relative safety, just to name a few.

CVs are, in general, broken against surface ships. You need multiple AA ships to really stop a strike and the CV will still get a guaranteed hit regardless of losses. Skip bombers are especially bad since they partially ignore AA zones.

So yes, if OP wasn't in a Thunderer, I would cut him some slack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[GT3]
Members
320 posts
10,158 battles

Since thunderers range got nerfed, Conqueror > Thunderer

Gotta complain about it instead now lol

:Smile_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
377
[WDWL]
[WDWL]
Members
618 posts
23,237 battles

The reason Thunderer is OP isn't because of setting fires or the raw range, but the accuracy the shells maintain over long range. It still has the 2.0 sigma and tight UK dispersion curve. Conqueror only has 1.8 sigma, resulting in poor hit rate compared to Thunderer. The 457mm AP overmatches most cruiser armor and can easily dev strike non-supercruisers at any angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×