You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Almedius

An eye opening /informative Video from Femennenly

30 comments in this topic

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,504 battles

Thought many of you would find this very educational and interesting...and depressing...

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,494 posts
7,115 battles
2 minutes ago, Almedius said:

Thought many of you would find this very educational and interesting...and depressing...

#feelsbadman

The community doesn't matter to them, we're just dollar signs at this point. 

• Cool 1

[KWF]
Members
6,570 posts
7,187 battles
7 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

#feelsbadman

The community doesn't matter to them, we're just dollar signs at this point. 

iRtrBOr.jpg

It's just that in the past there was a bit of respect and understanding shown.

Fem's opinion matters alot to in these matters since she has seen WG both from the inside and outside.

[MEIST]
Members
1,591 posts
6,445 battles

I like FEM, I still watch her streams from time to time just to see how she is doing.  I can't watch the video right now but will watch it later.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,504 battles

And please lets not give them reasons to lock this thread...I completely understand getting feelings over this...but I think she has done us a public service....and the more that see it the better...who knows...maybe something positive comes out of it(I doubt it)....

• Cool 2

[KWF]
Members
6,570 posts
7,187 battles
35 minutes ago, Almedius said:

And please lets not give them reasons to lock this thread...I completely understand getting feelings over this...but I think she has done us a public service....and the more that see it the better...who knows...maybe something positive comes out of it(I doubt it)....

Provided there are no personal attacks directed towards players or WG, the thread is fine. Her experiences are eyeopening to be honest, and what's worse, they confirm quite a few suspicions that were considered "conspiracy theories" and tinfoil hat stuff in the past.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 6
  • Haha 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,735 posts
20,793 battles

Is there another link to the video. For some reason my browser is showing a big blank space where the vid link should be. (I often have issues with how these forums are displayed)

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

I may not agree on some things with @LittleWhiteMouse But she deserves better than this how dare you not use her feedback wargaming :Smile_izmena:

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,171 battles
2 hours ago, Almedius said:

Thanks for posting this, this video is good stuff! It's important to get the awareness level on this travesty up as much as possible. Femmenenly is a great person, also fun to see ingame! Sad that this kind of behavior doesn't surprise any of us anymore though, that is really telling of how far removed Wargaming is from the playerbase, the supertesters and the CCs in general. We're really just HOPING they make the right changes to promote a better overall game environment at this point...

The Moons of Iego — swprequels: Episode I: The Phantom Menace |...

Wargaming, while I understand that money is the objective, still needs to listen to player/supertester/CC feedback if they care for the longevity of this frankly good, solid game with numerous flaws/balance issues. They CAN do better, I feel. However, their current management seems VERY focused on just making as much money as possible. Very "EA", unfortunately.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

So...feedback is useless to the devs?

Not really surprised. Sensed it back when CV rework got released and nope, they did nothing about making AA builds viable given the heavy nerf.

[NGA-B]
Beta Testers
207 posts
11,485 battles

Brutal commentary from one of my fav streamers..and also spot on.  Russian pride and arrogance is a real thing - one only needs to look at its culture and history in the wars they've fought dating back to the czars to this and even more so when it was known as the Soviet Union.  

Lack of respect for the player base and receiving honest feedback does not exist and communications is not their strong suit to their respective regions and communities.

When WG start losing CC's like Fem and Happa out of the richest marketplace in the world when it comes to buying premium time, ships, flags, etc., their bottom may take a hit.  The problem is people will leave this game (and WoT) only to be replaced by noobs who barely understand the concepts involved in what's supposed to be a fun game, all the while opening their wallets.

[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts

My takeaway from Fem's video was the indifference WG has towards the NA office.  As Mustang said, this is market with the greatest potential for profits for a game set in this era.  I can't understand why WG St. Petersburg isn't more motivated by that potential.  Am I wrong in my thoughts on the potential, or are the culture differences really so strong as to blind them.  I honestly don't know. 

[GWG]
Members
7,740 posts
14,773 battles

Blood is thicker than water.  And although we can't inject politics into the forums, it's glaringly obvious what is happening to this game.

The owners of this game are getting too big for their britches..   They are too full of themselves.  They have lost their hunger to be competitive, and are getting bloated.

Corporate shake-ups happen all the time.  It happens where I work.  The dead-wood can only build up so far before management wakes up and must take swift action.
This mumbling of the folks in the 'Main Office' withholding information and stabbing people in the back shows me there will be a major cleaning soon.

I've noticed folks who make it their only job to hold, conceal, and exploit information to make others look bad.  Those folks don't last long in the business world.
These are the 'Blackmailers'.  Be nice to them, or they will intercept and alter your instructions to make you look like a bumbling fool.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,446 posts
10,609 battles

This video confirmed a lot of what I have suspected about Wargaming and hit pretty close to home.

Many years ago in my first "Suit and Tie" job I was working for a company that had it's headquarters in the Province of Quebec.  This was at the height of the Province's first go round of Nationalistic Fervor and during the first Quebec Separation Crisis.  Our "Bosses" in Quebec could not have cared less about what anyone else in the country though or felt was good for the company in spite of the fact that the R.O.C. accounted for 82% of the overall Canadian revenues.  If the idea did not come from Quebec then it did not even get tabled.  In addition we were called in to Montreal on a quarterly basis to get out targets, plans and marching orders and the meeting was conducted entirely in French  If you didn't speak the language well.... good luck. Needless to say the few of us who were bilingual were in great demand.

The arrogance and attituides Fem highlights on the part of the Russians has brought back a lot of painful memories from that time and reminded me of a lot of the struggles I had relearning  basic management principals after I left that toxic environment.  The echos are clear.

So if this costs me the respect of our resident WG Apologist, well..  I guess I will just have to lean how to live with that as well.

Oh... and in case you were wondering the company that I worked for went out of business about 10 years ago.  They once were the fourth largest manufacturer of that particular type of product in North America and today... gone.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
113 posts
5,446 battles

Problem is, as long as internal revenue hits targets, WG corporate probably won’t care what WoWs RU does.  It’s obvious WoWs will never really be the hit that WoT is - and right now, their top priorities are a) keep the WoT cash rolling in and b) find something, anything that can replace it on a revenue basis.  This discussion, while really important to a lot of people here, and while it would be the decent human thing to do, it doesn’t rank because if they gave in on all counts, it still doesn’t make enough difference in the bottom line compared to other things they can do with the time and financial investment.  (There is a very good reason why LWM and a bunch of other people thought HMCS Haida would be the only Canadian ship in the game - how many of us are there that spend significant time and money with the game that would be the core market for a Canadian ship?  Dozens?  Maybe hundreds?   It doesn’t make financial sense to make Canadian ships unless they’re so OP they appeal to everybody - at which point you’re creating a whole different set of problems.)

Never forget - if a company is for-profit, they’re going to prioritize profit over other considerations almost all the time.  I’m not saying all executives are automatically evil - but their job is to prioritize return for their shareholders and owners.   Hopefully they do it humanely and with courtesy - but that core requirement is always there.

Long story short - barring some miraculous come to Jesus moment, I don’t see much changing.  Which is sad, given the high base quality of the game and the dedication shown by people to it.

I really hope I’m wrong though.

[-BCO-]
Members
2,938 posts
5,049 battles
2 hours ago, Hookie_Bell said:

If you think that's bad, have a look at this little jewel.

1 hour ago, Xidax_Gamer said:

Hmm..... well, I'm not surprised. I suspected them for far worse. I mean, I always found it interesting that serving members of the community ( i.e in the military) are recognized only on NA server. Very interesting.

• Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
14,143 posts
20,593 battles

Where I disagree.... Eve1n being the light of hope...

IMHO, his interests are keeping his job, hitting marks, keep RU Lasta happy... I am not convinced, he will sway his said interest for the benefit of the victims...

Edited by Navalpride33

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
351 posts
2 hours ago, Hookie_Bell said:

If you think that's bad, have a look at this little jewel.

Malwarebytes says "Website Blocked Due to Riskware". 

Maybe a false flag, but just thought people should know...

Members
37 posts
2,931 battles
3 hours ago, Reymu said:

So...feedback is useless to the devs?

Not really surprised. Sensed it back when CV rework got released and nope, they did nothing about making AA builds viable given the heavy nerf.

All of the CCs and the big names have been saying feedback goes nowhere for years now.   This is nothing new.   Jingles, Flamu, iChase, Flambass.   All preaching for well over a year that WG pays absolutely no attention to ideas, suggestions or comments from anyone that is not WG.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
5 hours ago, JCC45 said:

This video confirmed a lot of what I have suspected about Wargaming and hit pretty close to home.

Many years ago in my first "Suit and Tie" job I was working for a company that had it's headquarters in the Province of Quebec.  This was at the height of the Province's first go round of Nationalistic Fervor and during the first Quebec Separation Crisis.  Our "Bosses" in Quebec could not have cared less about what anyone else in the country though or felt was good for the company in spite of the fact that the R.O.C. accounted for 82% of the overall Canadian revenues.  If the idea did not come from Quebec then it did not even get tabled.  In addition we were called in to Montreal on a quarterly basis to get out targets, plans and marching orders and the meeting was conducted entirely in French  If you didn't speak the language well.... good luck. Needless to say the few of us who were bilingual were in great demand.

The arrogance and attituides Fem highlights on the part of the Russians has brought back a lot of painful memories from that time and reminded me of a lot of the struggles I had relearning  basic management principals after I left that toxic environment.  The echos are clear.

So if this costs me the respect of our resident WG Apologist, well..  I guess I will just have to lean how to live with that as well.

Oh... and in case you were wondering the company that I worked for went out of business about 10 years ago.  They once were the fourth largest manufacturer of that particular type of product in North America and today... gone.

Sadly, that kind of behavior (and WG's) is typical.  The home office is king.  Especially if there are cultural differences between the offices.

[CDOH]
Members
959 posts
8,620 battles

I completely agree and appreciate Fem's Video. Its a great insight into  WG.  I have a feeling the community is probably the least of wargamings issues right now, even though it should be their priority.

Edited by Rothgar_57

[NDA]
Beta Testers, Beta Testers
1,079 posts
10,996 battles

From someone that from than attest to the fact of how hard Fem works to take care of the player base  during the 2 days at the Anchors Away Tour in Seattle, Wa where I helped out all weekend as a supertester that volunteered, she goes above and beyond to make sure everyone was taken care of and the event ran smooth. She was a great joy to work with and be around. I may also add that Gneisenau was another that worked super hard at the event and was a great joy to work with. 

For them to be treated that way by an employer is a great travesty cause they are and will be major assets to any company.  

Thank you for everything you did for all of us and this great video

Wolff_Punisher

• Cool 1