You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Laurpal

A the fall of CV since rework

7 comments in this topic

[1KR]
Members
59 posts
17,262 battles

so i remember they did this rework to get more folks to play CV, but now they just want people to stop by making it a major handicap 

Lets see this is all i know of but please chime in (i only notice this in IJN being all i play)

So first

remove invulnerability of climbing retreating aircraft

remove half of all CVs (tiers 5,7,9) so cvs are constantly bottom tier (execpt 10s)

remove IJN rocket planes from large adjusting aim after initiating to an attack run.

Increase  AA effectiveness exponentiality

reduce all DD spotting to under 2.5km

nerf rocket damage

nerf torpedo damage

reduce ability to citadel with AP bombs 

adding a fixed aim point with delay for rocket planes

adding strafe shots so ships can avoid the rocket targeted area.

remove long range torpedos from HAKU

removing quad flight group from haku

at this rate i expect a full refund for my KAGA since being over matched with 10s is now the norm

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,184 posts
29,308 battles
18 minutes ago, Laurpal said:

remove half of all CVs (tiers 5,7,9) so cvs are constantly bottom tier (execpt 10s)

TTCV.jpg

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
21 minutes ago, Laurpal said:

remove invulnerability of climbing retreating aircraft

that they had invulnerability to begin with was :etc_swear:

22 minutes ago, Laurpal said:

Explain how. 

25 minutes ago, Laurpal said:

Increase  AA effectiveness exponentiality

exponentially*, and not according to the forums

26 minutes ago, Laurpal said:

adding strafe shots so ships can avoid the rocket targeted area.

Not everyone is Luke Hobbs.

[AOD_C]
Members
324 posts
1,749 battles

Continuous AA damage is undodgeable ... sometimes the RNG hates you and throws up flak patterns that are impossible to dodge, and if you try, you eat the flak damage and take bonus time (and continuous AA damage) getting back on target.

Members
1,960 posts

I didn't play WoWs for about 1 year... came back... and holy crap was everything ever nerfed...

It was a night and day difference from my point of view. My Enterprise? Worthless. The rockets and it's ability to wreck DD's are what made it good. The AP bombs don't hit anything anymore. Doesn't matter how well you aim, the bombs will miss BB's FFS. The torps are meh. 

It seems like you're always up-tiered. And unlike DD's, CV's don't respond well to being up-tiered.

The Indomitable? LOL. Great CV. It's got cool bombers that can slingshot. The rockets? Useless. Now it pretty much has one squadron type and you can get de-planed in a heartbeat.

Kaga? The torps are God-like. Bombers are... better than Enterprise's. Rockets? Nobody used them anyways.

German CV's? The best way to kill DD's is to YOLO right into the DD's range and blast them outta the water with secondaries. Don't even attempt to to use aircraft on them.

The stealth AA is irritating. Nothing worse than seeing an Austin appear AFTER your squadron was blown out of the sky. Whether it's lag, or whatever... that's broken AF. A ships detectability should always be larger than it's AA range.

Then the AA that stacks?  When you get a nice Lemming-train going on... good luck! You'll get little damage and lose alot of aircraft trying to break-up them plebs from sea-spooning eachother all game long.

The 2km detectability ranges in IJN DD's? God forbid you run out of fighters, because you wont be hitting those little buggers with anything. You can't even see them.

Honestly, I could make this list pretty long. Boy did they ever mess these CV's up. Too much pandering to the haters it seems...

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1