Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Winston_Church_Hill

Worth Discussion: Yolo up the middle

11 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
1,872 battles

Maybe some of you have seen this video from 2018,..  pretty cool.

I guess it all depends on how you define a good game but I sure would have liked to play in this one !

An interesting perspective given at the end of the video.

I think it may help some folks who get too stuck on winning and whining.    Just have fun!

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
9,000 posts
6,709 battles

I can't watch the video atm... but even if I could, I don't see much reason to comment on 2018 meta, 2021 situation is wildly different. Could you instead make explicit the idea you want to convey? 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,700 posts
26,591 battles

Play like that was idiotic as the reds were almost always ready with a proper welcoming committee to slaughter whatever dumb*** that tried it.  This left whoever was left to pick up the pieces at a disadvantage, worse if multiple idiots tried to YOLO up there like that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF2]
Members
137 posts
16,857 battles
13 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Play like that was idiotic as the reds were almost always ready with a proper welcoming committee to slaughter whatever dumb*** that tried it.  This left whoever was left to pick up the pieces at a disadvantage, worse if multiple idiots tried to YOLO up there like that.

Guarantee the charging Greens had more fun losing that than 99% of the Conq/Thunderers/bow camping Yammys' on the A line that you seen in 89% of the matches today. Bet they actually had an adrenaline rush.....

NT

Edited by NightTerror
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,700 posts
26,591 battles
2 minutes ago, NightTerror said:

Guarantee the charging Greens had more fun losing that than 99% of the Conq/Thunderers/bow camping Yammys' on the A line that you seen in 89% of the matches today. Bet they actually had an adrenaline rush.....

NT

They can have their adrenaline rush as they hit Exit To Port with the early demise and sh*t results.

Probably the same guys that say "Stats don't matter" as they plunge their teams into consistent losses.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,124 battles
2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I can't watch the video atm... but even if I could, I don't see much reason to comment on 2018 meta, 2021 situation is wildly different. Could you instead make explicit the idea you want to convey? 

Mass team yolo mid on 2 bros...expected results...

But they had fun (idea he's conveying as you requested)...

Even as they were telling all the teammates that didn't want to lose so easily to stfu...

My experience has always been based around the idea that if you're so triggered you need to type stfu in chat to a teammate...maybe it's not that much fun.

Guessing the relevance today is the 2 bros still has yolo mid option available.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,156 posts
18,316 battles

And the winner of the Oscar for Best Short Subject Vulgarity is...

[WOLF2]
Members
137 posts
16,857 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

They can have their adrenaline rush as they hit Exit To Port with the early demise and sh*t results.

Probably the same guys that say "Stats don't matter" as they plunge their teams into consistent losses.

Its the "Stats do matter" guys camping on the A line and worrying about results that make most matches in this game a dreary slog fest.  Jutland would still be going on today if these guys were in charge.  The OP said it looked like an exciting match, and when you watch the video it appears to be just that.  Good thing its just a game and has no actual bearing or value on real life.  

David Farragut laughs from the grave at the stats guys......

NT

• Cool 2

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,527 posts
13,611 battles

Valley rush worked that ONE time on Lakeville too.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,906 posts

What I do is account for the detected enemy ships against the game server list of that red team whatever it might be.

Should it be all accounted for going down both sides of two brothers, guess what. going straight up the middle. Its what I do I gett fairly successful at it. I sometimes get sunk but they are not coming through either most of the time.

Sign in to follow this