Capt_Ahab1776

Old records that will never be broken

6 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,165 posts
20,111 battles

Was thinking today about how as Warships progresses, there have been changes to the game. What are some of the old damage records that will never be broken due to changes. One that came to mind was the old CV damage records that was set immediately after 8.0 was released. The most notable was the "Flying Shimakaze" Hakuryu. 

The Thunderer damage record will be a harder one to beat due to the not so long ago slight nerf to the range and the current one set during Dead Eye.

Probably some of the older ships that have been power crept. Their damage records are probably cemented in time like the Montana, Gearing, G. Kurfurst, Khaborovsk, Henri IV. YueYang

What are some that you can think of that are probably going to stand?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,352 posts
24,436 battles

Original Kaga, Original Shira

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

Plane kills maybe. Technically there's no limit any more, but I can't recall seeing 80 and 100+ plane kills as you could get back when an RTS CV spent the game flying his hangar through a Des Moines AA bubble. Though with hybrids coming so more planes maybe?

CV damage records are probably going to stand. 300 and 400K damage games in Hakyru aren't going to happen anymore. (Remember the fun triple cross drop?).

Individual ships, all that takes is the right circumstances and it's busted.

Secondary damage and hit records are probably going to be a lot harder now too.

On the flip side, if Kitakami ever gets released I expect all the torpedo related records to get completely busted.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,165 posts
20,111 battles

Not familiar with the largest one shot record. What was it? The surveillance icon makes me think a operation?

[PVE]
Members
8,821 posts
25,144 battles
34 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Not familiar with the largest one shot record. What was it? The surveillance icon makes me think a operation?

Bastion forts has 210k HP... it's right there under all the subliminal messages flashing on the screen...

I think I'll have some Doritos & Mountain Dew now.

Oh yeah...some records can't be broken because the once OP ship has been neutered into lower MM status due to line splits...

Miss original Fubuki :-(although most of my experience with it was watching a uni friend rule with it...only got about 30 personal battles in it while still a noob before the split...but the potential)-:

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Sign in to follow this