You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

I have lost confidence in Wargaming

110 comments in this topic

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
6,238 battles

I was watching Flamu the other day and realized something the community had changed quite a lot. I was around in the closed beta test days. We had solid communication then. Sub_Octavian supported the community and gave us direct feedback on wows future plans and mechanics. He was the fall guy for the failed Puerto Rico dockyard event. It was sad to see the community divided then. It surprises me how easily we forget about Wargaming’s greed that day. It still clearly shows these days as well with back to back dockyard events that have changed in some aspects, but carry out the same purpose. To take money in large amounts from players.

I think I may be old just rambling on about the past. If there is one thing I do remember it was the day when @iChase stood up and said enough was enough was Graf Zepplin. I think it’s high time that we all do the same as Wargaming only seems to listen when it hurts them in their wallet. We need to support the CC’s that do actual critical thinking and expose Wargaming’s greed. The problem is that people are too content with how things are and will likely do little to nothing on this. I will not be buying Yukon and will do a serious reassessment on when I do buy things from Wargaming. Let’s all do one very simple thing and not buy Yukon. It has to hurt their bottom line in order to see change. That is all I have to say. Make it a great day or not the choice is your’s. 

• Cool 23
  • Thanks 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[-KA-]
Members
161 posts
5,391 battles
1 hour ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

I fully agree with you

I also propose an alternative solution:Smile_trollface:

W7jX9cl.thumb.jpg.fc1e65e6b55b9bd9177ef281d0f31e4e.jpg

Hoi 4...  Not playing the Germans?  Always fun to see what would've happened without Barbarossa.

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,905 posts

Morality is fun, but as soon as they come out with a yellow submarine, everyone's gonna buy it.

And nothing anyone says is gonna change that.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[ARGSY]
Members
25,131 posts
19,133 battles

I reject your thesis. Yukon is in my port, and Constellation probably soon will be.

5 hours ago, landedkiller said:

It surprises me how easily we forget about Wargaming’s greed that day.

You exist here.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 11
  • Meh 19

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,986 battles
2 hours ago, CSSAlabama_1 said:

Hoi 4...  Not playing the Germans?  Always fun to see what would've happened without Barbarossa.

LMFAO  Hearts of Iron AI S*** the Bed decisions are hilarious.

HOI3 took the cake IMO - always fun to see how long the U.S. will funnel men into occupied Truk - I once saw just shy of 2 million US men waiting on Truk for...something, for nearly a year and a half.  Wanting to catch the Rapture as the International Date Line passed over I suppose.

• Funny 1

Members
2,197 posts
29,338 battles
5 hours ago, landedkiller said:

I will not be buying Yukon and will do a serious reassessment on when I do buy things from Wargaming.

Almost a commitment.... almost.

2 hours ago, z9_ said:

Morality is fun, but as soon as they come out with a yellow submarine, everyone's gonna buy it.

And nothing anyone says is gonna change that.

Everyone? Please see below.

• Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
1 minute ago, theLaalaa said:

Almost a commitment.... almost.

Everyone? Please see below.

Right now, “ below” consists of the “do not disclose private information…” boilerplate; for the rest of you now, “below” is now my post.

You sure that’s what you wanted?

Members
2,197 posts
29,338 battles
7 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Right now, “ below” consists of the “do not disclose private information…” boilerplate; for the rest of you now, “below” is now my post.

You sure that’s what you wanted?

Well, my sig was what I was referring to, and as I'm not able to reconstruct a mind-picture of what the forums look like from your perspective, I'll simply correct the original comment using a term from my comment on a comment just prior...

...almost everyone.

:P

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Funny 1

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
13 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Well, my sig was what I was referring to, and as I'm not able to reconstruct a mind-picture of what the forums look like from your perspective, I'll simply correct the original comment using a term from my comment on a comment just prior...

...almost everyone.

:P

I don’t see sigs on mobile, unless I turn the phone sideways.

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,986 battles
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I don’t see sigs on mobile, unless I turn the phone sideways.

I don't see them on my PC either.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,269 posts
12,524 battles
1 minute ago, crazyeightyfive said:

You have to enable them.

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,986 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

You have to enable them.

Can you tell me how to do so?

[WOLFG]
Members
13,269 posts
12,524 battles
13 minutes ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Can you tell me how to do so?

Maybe.  It's been a while.

Edit:  Here it is.  It is actually under account settings.

I had to snip this.  I have a new computer and print screen on the old keyboard doesn't seem to work.

signature.PNG

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Thanks 1

[WPORT]
Members
10,953 posts
15,451 battles
6 hours ago, landedkiller said:

I was watching Flamu the other day and realized something the community had changed quite a lot. I was around in the closed beta test days. We had solid communication then. Sub_Octavian supported the community and gave us direct feedback on wows future plans and mechanics. He was the fall guy for the failed Puerto Rico dockyard event. It was sad to see the community divided then. It surprises me how easily we forget about Wargaming’s greed that day. It still clearly shows these days as well with back to back dockyard events that have changed in some aspects, but carry out the same purpose. To take money in large amounts from players.

I think I may be old just rambling on about the past. If there is one thing I do remember it was the day when @iChase stood up and said enough was enough was Graf Zepplin. I think it’s high time that we all do the same as Wargaming only seems to listen when it hurts them in their wallet. We need to support the CC’s that do actual critical thinking and expose Wargaming’s greed. The problem is that people are too content with how things are and will likely do little to nothing on this. I will not be buying Yukon and will do a serious reassessment on when I do buy things from Wargaming. Let’s all do one very simple thing and not buy Yukon. It has to hurt their bottom line in order to see change. That is all I have to say. Make it a great day or not the choice is your’s. 

The Constellation has features I do like.
Nice camo.  It's a Tier-8 Battleship/Battlecruiser equipped with torpedoes.  Not sure how well it turns & maneuvers, but ....

I also already have the Tirpitz and the Kii. 

And the "Yukon-gate" situation seems to be still ongoing.  At least, I don't have "closure" on that situation, yet.
IF it is somehow resolved to LWM's and Chobittsu's combined satisfaction... ?  Well, let's just say that I hope things turn out that way.

Meanwhile?  
I've got plenty of items on my "to do list" to occupy my time.

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,630 battles
19 minutes ago, Sir_Winston_Church_Hill said:

What game is that screenshot from?

Hearts of Iron IV (HoI4) - It has seen its hours of play vastly increase on my machine; and in direct proportion to the reduction in WoWS play time. 
It is a totally different game, grand strategy. There are a lot of layers to it, but it is way more fun than I expected.

I got the naval warfare expansion, so I get to research and build custom designed ships. As tech improves I even refit older ships, like adding radar to older ships, or even massive refits like upgunning the KGV’s to 406mm main guns.

4 hours ago, frankfletcher_1 said:

I fully agree with you

I also propose an alternative solution:Smile_trollface:

W7jX9cl.thumb.jpg.fc1e65e6b55b9bd9177ef281d0f31e4e.jpg

I see the American has begun his offensive by dropping a nuke on every red unit?! I had to do a similar strategy when the World Alliance was massing troops across the northern US border with Canada, I believe that took over 30. How did this war turn out?

• Boring 1

[AC1]
Members
246 posts
380 battles

I was looking forward to subs keeping me interested in the game but it looks like that hope is gone too.  Apparently not a single one of the WG devs has any idea what a submarine is.

• Thanks 2

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,414 posts
6,238 battles
1 hour ago, crazyeightyfive said:

LMFAO  Hearts of Iron AI S*** the Bed decisions are hilarious.

HOI3 took the cake IMO - always fun to see how long the U.S. will funnel men into occupied Truk - I once saw just shy of 2 million US men waiting on Truk for...something, for nearly a year and a half.  Wanting to catch the Rapture as the International Date Line passed over I suppose.

Off topic and irrelevant 

[CHA0S]
Members
441 posts
3,986 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Maybe.  It's been a while.

Edit:  Here it is.  It is actually under account settings.

I had to snip this.  I have a new computer and print screen on the old keyboard doesn't seem to work.

signature.PNG

Thank you Doctor!

[KID0]
Members
212 posts
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I reject your thesis. Yukon is in my port, and Constellation probably soon will be.

You exist here.

Becuse you'd buy a dog turd and call it caviar if WG put a camo on it.

Bon appetit.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 10
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 5

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,021 posts
10,383 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Winston_Church_Hill said:

What game is that screenshot from?

Hearts of Iron 4. It’s a global WWII strategy. 

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts
2 hours ago, crazyeightyfive said:

Turn your computer sideways…

• Funny 2

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts
31 minutes ago, FirstDayAdmiraI said:

WG isn't at fault, this toxic community is.

For someone who’s trying to be more positive, you bring a lot of toxicity with you.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5