You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DevilD0g

battleship players are stupid

22 comments in this topic

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles

just lost a game because the Destroyer was afk (he was on the edge more than the BB were ) with all the  battleship players which all sat on the edge of the map on the  "I" line  (second last behind the spawn) and im telling them to push over and over and they dont and the carriers get spotted and killed and the rest just get encircled and defeated in the zulu attack.  Cant battleships fire and move ????  Cant they move north angle and fire instead of sitting and using all their guns broadside.   Tier 8  game mind you and they still havent learnt

my question is

Are battleship players all bots with autopay acquiring ships.

Edited by DevilD0g
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles

I play BB occasionally and just use it for some relaxation. Unplug the brain, sit back and just have artillery wars with the other 20k away BBs with my fingers crossed RNG smiles.

If I'm in a DD or cruiser I'm heavily focused on the objective but if I'm in my  BB... Meh don't really care, as long as we win.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles

Battleships are the most played ships in the game, so you're going to see a lot of peaks and valleys in the performance of those ships.

Also, reaching a tier doesn't mean a player has reached a level of improved proficiency.  Even the standard of a player reaching X amount of battles isn't a good expectation of a certain level of proficiency also.

[BONKS]
Members
425 posts
9,977 battles

Some players throw games.

Some players carry games.

Complaining isn't going to affect them so you might as well focus on improving yourself.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 2

[-AFK-]
Members
1,357 posts
16,448 battles
47 minutes ago, DevilD0g said:

just lost a game because the Destroyer was afk (he was on the edge more than the BB were ) with all the  battleship players which all sat on the edge of the map on the  "I" line  (second last behind the spawn) and im telling them to push over and over and they dont and the carriers get spotted and killed and the rest just get encircled and defeated in the zulu attack.  Cant battleships fire and move ????  Cant they move north angle and fire instead of sitting and using all their guns broadside.   Tier 8  game mind you and they still havent learnt

my question is

Walk it off son, 
I see BB's sitting back wanting to protect their HP
I see DD's Yoloing as well as cruisers 

The stupid is strong with every class. 

• Thanks 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,526 posts
12,868 battles

I guess the 3 out of 4 DDs that die in the first 3 min of so many games don’t count as stupid .. Stupid knows no ship class . 

• Cool 7

[NYAAR]
Members
2,918 posts
15,555 battles
5 hours ago, DevilD0g said:

my question is

I've been playing Grand Battles alot lately.

I get its a mode that isn't being stat tracked, so some people are playing it more relaxed. But still.......

I repeatedly citadeled a broadside Iowa, who continued to sail broadside for the following salvos, even though he was citadeled in the very first salvo. Naturally, he sank.

Even in this mode, I try not to remain broadside, and if I see shells coming in, or I even get hit/citadeled, I'm turning to avoid more.

• Cool 1

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,594 battles
57 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I've been playing Grand Battles alot lately.

I get its a mode that isn't being stat tracked, so some people are playing it more relaxed. But still.......

I repeatedly citadeled a broadside Iowa, who continued to sail broadside for the following salvos, even though he was citadeled in the very first salvo. Naturally, he sank.

Even in this mode, I try not to remain broadside, and if I see shells coming in, or I even get hit/citadeled, I'm turning to avoid more.

No stat tracking makes Grand Battles the fun mode of the game. Yes, there are still toxic idiots who try to whine, but I just laugh at them. Tell them to go to “Ranked” with that nonsense.

Regarding OP - you can’t change the way others play, but back line BBs can and do still shoot, so I’ve found success playing spotter. Far more effective than the 3 minute cap-smoke-die DDs since their only contribution, besides crying about “no support” in chat, is the loss of points their sinking provided. Patient spotter, as once they finally tormented radar ships and yolo BBs, I still have to go get the caps, and be alive in order to do that. Most DD players like the “fast action” capabilities, and never have the patience to hold back early.

[CCPLZ]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,639 posts
17,234 battles

Given the nature of the Original Post, there is a lot of temptation to be uncivil and nonconstructive in comments. 

Don't do it - a friendly reminder. 

Steady as she goes.

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts
14 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Given the nature of the Original Post, there is a lot of temptation to be uncivil and nonconstructive in comments. 

Steady as she goes.

I feel like I just spotted a cop car sitting on the side of the road and slowed down to pass by him while going the speed limit.  

Edited by SeaGladius
  • Haha 1

Members
1,026 posts
13,420 battles

X class is Y cause of my gaming experience. Could it be, you have players of every skill floor and they play every class bad or good?

Edited by ThiccLoliThighs

[WOLFG]
Members
13,267 posts
12,507 battles
33 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Steady as she goes.

(Shuts off popcorn popper).

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
286 posts
5,873 battles

There are stupid (or below-average) players in each class, but believe it or not: DDs are able to "amplify" the same level of stupidness. Which can lead to a more serious consequence, a Conqueror getting deleted by Yamato's single salvo in the first three minutes or a Shimakaze getting wiped out by a radar ship in the first three minutes? 

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts
11 minutes ago, Impitoyable_5929_x said:

There are stupid (or below-average) players in each class, but believe it or not: DDs are able to "amplify" the same level of stupidness. Which can lead to a more serious consequence, a Conqueror getting deleted by Yamato's single salvo in the first three minutes or a Shimakaze getting wiped out by a radar ship in the first three minutes? 

This is why I play radar cruisers.

Members
1,579 posts
2,011 battles
42 minutes ago, Impitoyable_5929_x said:

Which can lead to a more serious consequence, a Conqueror getting deleted by Yamato's single salvo in the first three minutes or a Shimakaze getting wiped out by a radar ship in the first three minutes? 

Considering that you basically have to re-kill a Conqueror for every heal it has, that Yamato salvo is far more serious.

• Cool 1

Members
286 posts
5,873 battles
37 minutes ago, black_hull4 said:

Considering that you basically have to re-kill a Conqueror for every heal it has, that Yamato salvo is far more serious.

I should add a criteria. The "seriousness" lies in the ability to decide the whole game. 

[DRFTR]
Beta Testers
4,587 posts

bb's... we just pinata's what more do you want?

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
31,633 posts
26,512 battles
5 hours ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

Stupid is strong in all class ship types....

nothing new.

You can find plenty of terrible players in all ship types.

I remember playing one of my mid tier Cruisers and was trying to support an Akatsuki player at the western cap of Two Brothers.  I was moving up and edging along the coast of the left main island when the DD spotted a Colorado and enemy Destroyer.  I thought our DD would hold back and skirmish while we tried to support him with guns.  To my horror, I watched our Akatsuki, the only DD we had for the western half of the map, continue his charge.  As he committed, a Belfast was briefly spotted just as it smoked up.  So... Akatsuki is knowingly charging a DD + Winfast + Colorado.  Obviously he got rekt for literally no gain.  But this left the rest of us in a completely adverse bind:

- No spotting left as our only DD here is now dead.  I can't recall it being a CV game, either.  We had nothing to spot the enemy DD.  He could push, cap, spot with total impunity.

- My Cruiser cannot push and spot the DD, I would get wrecked by the focus fire quickly.  If I tried to YOLO and spot the DD, I'd get easily outspotted, the DD would quickly kite away to avoid detection, all while chucking torps back at me while I get shot at by Winfast and Colorado.

What remained of our group had no choice but to retreat back.  There was nothing we could do.  This quickly devolved into a big loss.  All because of one stupid player.

Another example is this from 2016 during the RTS CV era.  There used to be "Fighter Strafes" or "Barrage" that fighters did that inflicted heavy losses to any air units in the strafing path.  It was a fundamental feature for CVs back then, even Tier IV CV players were doing this.  In this old thread, a Tier X CV player is baffled by how his entire air group was wiped from the skies in seconds by another CV player.  It turned out this CV player had no idea what Strafes were, when Tier IV CVs were using this mechanic, but this Tier X guy was oblivious to it.

CVs have a lot of responsibilities, so when a Tier X CV player of your team doesn't know a core mechanic, your team is in big trouble.  Even the Anti-CV players knew what Strafing was, and were furious to see a Tier X CV not know about it.

There is no shortage of bad play out there, regardless of ship type.  As for BBs, it's no different, it's just as I said in my prior post, with so many more Battleship play going on compared to other ship types, you'll really see a lot more in the peaks and valleys of BB play.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RAN]
Members
808 posts
10,450 battles

While i enjoyed reading your post HazeGrayUnderway, talking about the past, in my day also and  what carrier planes could do seven years ago.... its not relevant in the current environment as their modus operandi has totally changed and strafing as a form of attack that does damage is non existent, only now its used as a warning to destroyers.  When it was in existence I wished it could have been used to do damage to ships instead of only other planes, but thats life.

Why Battleships feel the have to only mostly shoot at other battleships is also a problem when smaller,  easily killed ships that are closer in range, like destroyers and cruisers are there for the taking and are ignored.

I agree the CV has a lot of responibilities as the, in some cases, battle director as they generally get more time to see the overall situation of what is going one while other ships are constantly zoomed up on their targets and not paying more attention or using situational awareness more.  If a carrier player tells  you to hit x target, move to x cap and attack/defend it, then you should consider it before making your decision because they get more time to see where  the battle is moving than most other surface ships only looking at their own patch of dirt.

• Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
1,961 posts
7,607 battles

I would guess that dumb BB players may be noticed more because of their armor and large HP let's them exist longer so there is more time to see them.

One PvE match an AFK BB sank a bot DD that attacked it at it's spawn point.