Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Two Tiger Tales

7 comments in this topic

[CNO]
Members
6,744 posts
20,202 battles

T10.  Not much damage.  But this was a quintessential utility cruiser support fight.  First two DDs killed early  under Tiger radar at contested cap.  Multiple green guns on the targets.  Quick kills, flank rolled.  In fact, WG felt my radar was so OP so early, they pulled the plug on me just after we dispatched the two DDs.  Had to reboot to get back in.

Note that score...1337...lol.

Spoiler

shot-21_07.01_23_47.27-0782.thumb.jpg.3d6ee3eadaced4a7e1e5d345dd73e58e.jpg

shot-21_07.01_23_47.31-0510.thumb.jpg.09158198d37b6277343302f34fec7207.jpg

shot-21_07.01_23_47.36-0046.thumb.jpg.3ac44f2c005e8d208eda01a4095b81a3.jpg

T9 match.  Didn't engage any DDs this match.  So...let's see how Tiger fairs vs BBs.  Hmm.  112K.  My best yet with those four pea shooters.  Note the digression of damage from T7 to T9.  Squishy T7 to a pretty tanky T9. Roma double cit'd me just a few HP shy of a full health DS.  Survived to tell about it.

Spoiler

shot-21_07.02_00_07.01-0388.thumb.jpg.f9e708aacf6d3f65d70b2140a6d16e26.jpg

shot-21_07.02_00_07.10-0171.thumb.jpg.6518d7be530d650afa5a762afa6514ee.jpg

shot-21_07.02_00_07.13-0660.thumb.jpg.9e679bfd75d0bee3f2aa23537ceca317.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ODIN]
Members
46 posts
5,136 battles
3 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Which is worse:  Tiger or Leone?

Def Leone. At least Tiger has the ability to support the team in a meaningful way where as Leone doesn't do anything that other T6 DDs can't do

Edited by WillRuggz7

[ARGSY]
Members
25,140 posts
19,146 battles

Tales?

Soshi, you wasted a perfectly good opportunity for a truly groan-worthy pun on feline anatomy. Should have been "tails". Shame on you! :Smile_veryhappy:

7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

My best yet with those four pee shooters.

Umm, this is the World of Warships forum, not Annals of Urology online... :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles

Well done @Soshi_Sone.
Tales of you tail-swatting opposing ships are entertaining.  :-)

[CNO]
Members
6,744 posts
20,202 battles
4 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

Which is worse:  Tiger or Leone?

Leone is a tough DD to play.  

Tiger is a joy...any tier.  What she can do is often MM and map specific.  But when things line up in that regard, she is really really good.  I can often be very aggressive, while not being reckless.  Albeit, I often get chat feedback to "get back".  Folks just don't understand this about Tiger.  If you know your MM...know you map...and understand the dynamics...up front is a powerful position.  Good conceal, smoke, radar...really is a very powerful combo in certain situations.

I also get red chat that infers Tiger is helpless (poor Tiger), particularly when I play in T10.  Love it.  It tells me they underestimate what it can do.  And if the MM and map lines up as described above, it can be a serious underestimation.  

All said, there are some MM and some maps where things can be difficult, even when top tier.  So it can be an extremely variable situation.   From T10, "I'm Lovin it", to top tier, "This is tough".  Basically, as a utility cruiser, sometimes being bottom tier in a T10 match is better than being top tier in a T8 match...depending on the variables.

Leone has nothing unique at T6 other than a U.S. smoke generator and a slight salvo alpha advantage.  The smoke is really good, whereas the alpha is dwarfed by the reduction in fire rate making for overall poor DPM.  Might as well run a U.S. DD and get smoke AND good DPM.  But I'll still run Leone...just for the challenge.

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[DVYJC]
Members
4,427 posts
11,843 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Leone is a tough DD to play.  

Tiger is a joy...any tier.  What she can do is often MM and map specific.  But when things line up in that regard, she is really really good.  I can often be very aggressive, while not being reckless.  Albeit, I often get chat feedback to "get back".  Folks just don't understand this about Tiger.  If you know your MM...know you map...and understand the dynamics...up front is a powerful position.  Good conceal, smoke, radar...really is a very powerful combo in certain situations.

I also get red chat that infers Tiger is helpless (poor Tiger), particularly when I play in T10.  Love it.  It tells me they underestimate what it can do.  And if the MM and map lines up as described above, it can be a serious underestimation.  

All said, there are some MM and some maps where things can be difficult, even when top tier.  So it can be an extremely variable situation.   From T10, "I'm Lovin it", to top tier, "This is tough".  Basically, as a utility cruiser, sometimes being bottom tier in a T10 match is better than being top tier in a T8 match...depending on the variables.

Leone has nothing unique at T6 other than a U.S. smoke generator and a slight salvo alpha advantage.  The smoke is really good, whereas the alpha is dwarfed by the reduction in fire rate making for overall poor DPM.  Might as well run a U.S. DD and get smoke AND good DPM.  But I'll still run Leone...just for the challenge.

Leone is fun as long as she's not being uptiered. The high alpha really is kinda fun when you're hitting Tier V or VI destroyers. Tier VII and Tier VIII ones, less so. I don't think Leone is good, per se, but it's fun in Tier V and Tier VI games!

Sign in to follow this