You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

Revert rocket bork, or revert DD aerial spotting....

Revert rocket bork, or revert DD aerial spotting....  

52 members have voted

1. 1. To bring balans back to what's left of the game.....

• Revert rocket bork
    • Revert DD aerial detection to sea spotting range

124 comments in this topic

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
630 posts
17,708 battles

Leave it as is now

• Cool 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

[D4DDY]
Members
115 posts
6,235 battles

Clearly this patch was disaster….

I don’t want to see 10 DDs in a match…

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles

No bacon option. Booo.

And on a more serious note, maybe try being a tiiiiiny bit less transparently biased with your “survey”? Just a thought. 

• Cool 16
  • Meh 1

[BONKS]
Members
427 posts
10,006 battles

Give an option for neither and I'll vote.

• Cool 20
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[AOD_C]
Members
324 posts
1,749 battles

Aerial spotting got nerfed to hell and DD's are still whining about how awful it is to get spotted by air.  I don't understand how I can start taking AA damage before I can see a DD.

Edited by C4Cypher
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
1 hour ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Revert rocket bork, or revert DD aerial detection to that of sea detection range?

What do you mean revert aerial detection? Aerial detection has always been less than sea detection. Nothing to revert there.

Also biased poll is biased.

Members
690 posts
20 battles
1 hour ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Revert rocket bork, or revert DD aerial detection to that of sea detection range?

You're not doing yourself any favours with those options.  Why don't you just say you don't like the rocket change and make your argument from there?

I understand why you wouldn't like the rocket change, it's clunky to use and doesn't feel great.  I do a reasonable amount of CV play, and it's certainly less enjoyable to use rockets now.  However, the wider effects on the game have been both positive and significant.  It's quite clear that reducing the threat to DD's by CV's makes for a much better game.  I'm happy for them to rebalance rockets, because quite a few of them don't really have a decent function right now, but one fundamental principle of the change should remain - rockets should move to primarily not being a tool used against DD's.

There is no way they are going to revert this change.  WG are going to be extremely happy with the results they've achieved from it, and I suspect it's likely exceeded their expectations.  Expect some adjustments going forward, but don't expect things to go back to how they were.  I've adapted my CV play to the new meta, and CV's are still both effective and enjoyable to play.  I suggest you accept the direction the game has gone in, and choose to adapt rather than complain.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
10 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

What do you mean revert aerial detection? Aerial detection has always been less than sea detection. Nothing to revert there.

Also biased poll is biased.

In the RTS days the detection range for all ships was longer then their AA range so they really could keep any ship permanently spotted with not danger of taking damage.

A very biased poll. But I do think that the rocket change is way over done.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

No bacon option. Booo.

And on a more serious note, maybe try being a tiiiiiny bit less transparently biased with your “survey”? Just a thought. 

This ^^^

A poll has already been done where there was a proper choice of pro-change or anti-change.

@CV_Jeebies, pro- change seemed to have won on the forums.

A+ for effort though! :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[BONKS]
Members
3,081 posts
52 battles
5 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

Remember when you said that surface ship players are just whiners that don't want to adapt?

Seems rather ironic now, doesn't it?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

[TNG]
Members
102 posts
8,136 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Remember when you said that surface ship players are just whiners that don't want to adapt?

Seems rather ironic now, doesn't it?

But don't you know, dds would just be an OP class without CVs to "reign them in," so obviously they are right. Not like there are consumables called radar or hydro or other dds to deal with enemy dds, oh no. Only the CVs can save us from the DD mafia.

Edited by Quantumphysics333
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

Uhhh... Who has the jeebies now?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

How about patching the playerbase?

/s

• Boring 1

[NMKJT]
Members
3,324 posts
8,518 battles
9 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

So would you say this change gave you the DD_Jeebies?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

In the RTS days the detection range for all ships was longer then their AA range so they really could keep any ship permanently spotted with not danger of taking damage.

I'm guessing you forgot about the long range AA in the RTS days.  There were cruisers that could fire AA from stealth that could wipe out every plane before the CV player could get out of range.  The rework gutted AA range.

Ships kept the same air detection ranges as the RTS days when the rework first went live.  Shortly after there was a reduction of 20% (that was only a few hundred meters for DDs).  Then the next patch made a change so cruiser air detection was at least equal to its AA range, no more stealth AA for cruisers.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles
8 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

In the RTS days the detection range for all ships was longer then their AA range

This is incorrect. For example, Atlanta’s max AA range of 7.2km was larger than air detection (which made her pure terror to carriers back in those times).

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,113 posts
13,531 battles

Pretty sure Minotaur could stealth AA as well.

[BONKS]
Members
3,081 posts
52 battles
9 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This is a lie btw. Plenty of ships had AA ranges equal or in excess of their air spotting even if you exclude DDs. Most famous examples were Mino and Worc which both had 8.6km max AA range but a min air spotting range of 7.2km, enabling them to become AA traps. Other examples include but are not limited to Baltimore, Atlanta/Flint, most IJN cruisers and pretty much the entire RN and US CL lines.

In fact for quite some time stealth AA was a thing as attacking planes didn't increase your air detectability back then. This was eventually patched by WG.

Edited by El2aZeR

Members
462 posts
11 hours ago, CV_Jeebies said:

jUsT LeAd. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
7,465 posts
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

If a poll ever needed a bacon option, this is it.

I'd settle for a lol option.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,591 posts
6,445 battles
2 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

So would you say this change gave you the DD_Jeebies?

tenor.gif

Edited by jager_geist
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
7 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I'm guessing you forgot about the long range AA in the RTS days.  There were cruisers that could fire AA from stealth that could wipe out every plane before the CV player could get out of range.  The rework gutted AA range.

Ships kept the same air detection ranges as the RTS days when the rework first went live.  Shortly after there was a reduction of 20% (that was only a few hundred meters for DDs).  Then the next patch made a change so cruiser air detection was at least equal to its AA range, no more stealth AA for cruisers.

No more stealth AA but there are still ships that if built for AA that will wipe a squadron that stumbles into their AA before they can get out and even if not built for it will still hurt the squadron.