Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Irredeemable

CVs Useless?

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
274 posts
4,811 battles

Playing higher tiered CV seems to be suicide missions with no results.  It would be nice to have the option of airplanes going kamikazes, then they would be useful.  Otherwise they get wiped out or can't see the target because of all the flak.  The best tactic is for the carrier itself to go kamikaze and ram the nearest enemy ship.

• Sad 1
  • Boring 6

[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts
6 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

Playing higher tiered CV seems to be suicide missions with no results.  It would be nice to have the option of airplanes going kamikazes, then they would be useful.  Otherwise they get wiped out or can't see the target because of all the flak.  The best tactic is for the carrier itself to go kamikaze and ram the nearest enemy ship.

I'm sure a lot of people disagree with you... 
image.thumb.png.ec459ad265ee24384ff5ead1dd337f22.png

Anyways if you're struggling with CV's there's a few CC's who record vids of their CV gameplay like "Ahskance," and "ReimuBakarei."
I'm sure there are things you can learn from their gameplay/videos.

Edited by Arctic_Chann
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles

No, CVs are far from useless, in fact one of the most influential ships in the game.

I'm really curious how you developed this opinion though, since you have never played a CV higher than T5, never in Random battle, and have a grand total of 11 CV games since the rework, all at T4?

[-TKS-]
Members
1,161 posts
9,250 battles
9 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

Message me here, in discord, or in game, and I'll point you the right way. 

Members
950 posts
220 battles
8 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

eh?  Playing a higher tier CV is a Suicide mission and I may as well ram the nearest ship?  But you just said suicide had no results.

:Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF1]
Members
274 posts
4,811 battles
1 minute ago, Merc_R_Us said:

Message me here, in discord, or in game, and I'll point you the right way. 

Will do.

[USN]
Members
1,712 posts
21,739 battles

Playing CVs in co-op isn’t the smartest thing to do, as the only defense surface ships have (group together and overlap AA) is exactly what bots do every game

[BIG_E]
Members
227 posts
3,458 battles
19 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

Which CV are you having problems with? 

[CYNIC]
Members
3,089 posts
8,734 battles
17 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

Useless, no.... boring unrewarding grind work, while yes, just like weegees mission sets.

While the rocket bork was about as good of an idea as making toast in the shower, the horrible implementation ended up more like flying a foil kite in a perpetual plains thunder storm, barefooted, using carbon fiber string.   They continue to spread the gap between the "cans" and "can nots", so much so that most CB teams are running double BB more often than CVs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
274 posts
4,811 battles
7 minutes ago, josh14735 said:

Which CV are you having problems with? 

just played lexington and shikoku(sp?)

[BIG_E]
Members
227 posts
3,458 battles
12 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

i don't know much about the Shokaku since i don't play Japanese carriers but i do know how use the lexington since i used to play it. for dodging Flak, Juke with around with your speed and move around to avoid most of the flak if the ships are between T6 to T9. if you get put into a T10 match, try to focus the lowest tier ship and finish off higher tier ships if the opportunity arises. also if there's a ship that's separated from the group, you focus that ship till he's dead. I'm no Unicum player but that those tips should help.

Edited by josh14735
  • Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
6,746 posts
20,211 battles
39 minutes ago, The_Irredeemable said:

If you play a T10 match with T8 CVs, it can be tough.  Lots of good AA out there.  Gotta carefully pick your targets or you can be deplaned.  The CV experts make it look easy...and perhaps for some of them, it is easy.  But for the rank and file, it's NOT easy and can take a lot of bruising to become a contributing team member.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,023 posts
10,383 battles
1 hour ago, The_Irredeemable said:

Playing higher tiered CV seems to be suicide missions with no results.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good one!

[BONKS]
Members
427 posts
10,006 battles
1 hour ago, CV_Jeebies said:

They continue to spread the gap between the "cans" and "can nots", so much so that most CB teams are running double BB more often than CVs.

Except that's no longer true. The meta has shifted to counter iron curtain, and most strats that do incorporate a carrier.

Edited by UwUnicum
  • Meh 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
1 hour ago, The_Irredeemable said:

Played them in PT.

That'd be the issue. It takes quite a bit of practice to not just drive your squad into a flak cloud and get them vaporized.

Unlike T4, T8 and T10 ships actually have AA. You have to respect that. Flak is spawned on your predicted path, so if you constantly maneuver you'll dodge most of it. Pick isolated ships to harass, and watch your flight path. Avoid fighters. Basically it takes practice. Hopping into a high tier carrier with zero experience, yeah you had about the experience I'd expect. Doubly so coming in from a Coop main. If you grind up from T4 though you'll pick it up pretty quick. Soon you too can get your karma nuked by your salty victims:Smile_great:

Basically CVs are still different from all other ships, so experience there doesn't translate. Imagine if you'd never played anything more than Phoenix and hopped into a Cleveland. You'd get deleted off the planet. Same thing here. You can't judge something when you're still learning how to use it.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts
2 hours ago, The_Irredeemable said:

If you can't do anything with CVs, that you have to wish for a kamikaze - then please, for the sake of your team , maybe stop playing them for now?

Then take a look at some stat sites and realise how well CVs are doing on average across the board!

Having realised, 'wow, maybe if so many can get such a good average, I could do better?' Go and watch someone like Ahskance and learn to play better. :Smile_honoring:

• Thanks 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,359 posts
16,525 battles

I want support CV's that only drop parachute bombs, 
Depth charges, 
Launch spotters
Drop smoke 
Drop Mines muahahaha 
and other neat stuff

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,190 battles
3 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

Playing CVs in co-op isn’t the smartest thing to do, as the only defense surface ships have (group together and overlap AA) is exactly what bots do every game

Interesting...so you're saying playing CVs might actually be...harder in Co-Op? Might be good practice then regardless, right? I'm still a CV newbie tbh. 

1 hour ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Go and watch someone like Ahskance and learn to play better. :Smile_honoring:

This, I like his videos! Informative, good stuff! : )

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this