Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
D_o_W_0779

Notice of friendly torpedoes.

8 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
3,418 battles

Can we please have them buzz and be represented on screen as before the friendly fire rework. Now if someone behind fires torpedoes, have no idea where they are in relation to own ship. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,795 posts
31,081 battles
22 minutes ago, D_o_W_0779 said:

Can we please have them buzz and be represented on screen as before the friendly fire rework. Now if someone behind fires torpedoes, have no idea where they are in relation to own ship. 

I believe that they removed the warning so that you wouldn't believe them to be enemy torps.  Since friendly torps don't inflict damage anymore, there didn't seem to be a reason to mistakenly cause you to alter your course/speed to avoid a non-threat.

[UNHLY]
Members
5,204 posts
14,599 battles

Argument against: There’s no more friendly fire, so you don’t need to avoid them. Therefore the indicators just become screen clutter. 

Argument for: It can still help so you don’t accidentally block someone’s shot by not being aware of them. 

Personally I’m still in favor for returning some sort of warning (even if it’s something you need to enable as a setting), since it can still be useful to know. For example, if you’re an island hugging cruiser getting ready to push forward and a friendly DD is torping around that island in front of you to push out/stop an enemy ship. If you know they’re there, you can make a decision whether to push out then or wait for the torps to clear the island.

Make the warning a different color to differentiate them from actual threats from enemy torps, but give us the option. 

• Cool 2

[LANCE]
Members
908 posts
6,909 battles
2 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Argument against: There’s no more friendly fire, so you don’t need to avoid them. Therefore the indicators just become screen clutter. 

Argument for: It can still help so you don’t accidentally block someone’s shot by not being aware of them. 

Personally I’m still in favor for returning some sort of warning (even if it’s something you need to enable as a setting), since it can still be useful to know. For example, if you’re an island hugging cruiser getting ready to push forward and a friendly DD is torping around that island in front of you to push out/stop an enemy ship. If you know they’re there, you can make a decision whether to push out then or wait for the torps to clear the island.

Make the warning a different color to differentiate them from actual threats from enemy torps, but give us the option. 

Like this idea!! I’m a game earlier a Mino launched torps at an enemy ship. First I knew about it was I heard the noise like being hit by torps. The different colour idea is a good one for notice!

[PVE]
Members
8,805 posts
25,095 battles

Maybe a subtle little indicator...like a, "get outta the way of my ordinance bea-ach"...or a, "don't [edited]-block your allies"...

You know...something simple.

Members
29 posts
3,418 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Maybe a subtle little indicator...like a, "get outta the way of my ordinance bea-ach"...or a, "don't [edited]-block your allies"...

You know...something simple.

The lack of such communication is what prompted the thread. I was in a Akizuki and started backing up to remove myself from a radar which I was .2km inside the max range of, I heard the sound of torps launching, thought nothing of it, and backed directly into an Elbing torps…and then they immediately fired main guns at me lol…

Provide us notice one way or another please  I don’t want to have to rely on others communicating.

[PT]
Members
7 posts
21,489 battles

They just should have stayed with the way "Friendly Fire" worked in the past. Now you have to it a Friendly 40+ times to go pink? What a joke.

[HI-C]
Members
30 posts
10,476 battles
On 7/1/2021 at 8:59 PM, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

I've already watched players directly and deliberately block torps from hitting their targets so they can get the kills.  I mean, they don't go underneath the hulls or ignore friendlies.  While they don't register damage, the torps explode and don't proceed to their targets; meanwhile, the player who fired them still get a warning even though it was a deliberate move to block the torps.  Obviously WoWs didn't think that through

Sign in to follow this