You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

scared

22 comments in this topic

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

Why does it seem like I am the only person on teams 99% of the time that isn't scared of moving?

• Sad 1
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
2 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Why does it seem like I am the only person on teams 99% of the time that isn't scared of moving?

I dunno.
Hope you'll have more games with me, so that won't happen, eh?  :-)

[CO-OP]
Members
5,206 posts
43,389 battles

Most teams tend to creep forward cautiously and slowly.  You will occasionally see someone head full speed to a cap and get rekk'd, which reinforces the notion that you need to go slow.  

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts

My Leningrad has two speeds Ludicrous speed and Plaid ..normally I run Plaid. ...and always get into trouble ..bwhahahah!!!

• Funny 1

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles
15 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

Most teams tend to creep forward cautiously and slowly.  You will occasionally see someone head full speed to a cap and get rekk'd, which reinforces the notion that you need to go slow.  

Most teams are total cowards, I can see not moving if you can fire a damn shell all the way from A to C, , but if you can do that SUPPORT YOUR TEAM, and don't sit there waiting for somebody else to play it for you !

Edited by wolfkind252

Members
1,060 posts
4,636 battles

I'm scared to move in an Omaha...or at least move first.  Is that bad?

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, wolfkind252 said:

Play a game with me in my Massachusetts and you generally will hear the team shouting "Get Back!" as I "rush in where angels fear to tread." One would think that counterproductive but my WR in the Massachusetts is 60% after 689 battles. It doesn't work if you yolo and do not good but if you yolo, plus sink a couple of the enemy and scatter the rest from a cap in the process then it generally results in a win if you have a halfway decent team.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,105 posts
29,413 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

if you have a halfway decent team.

Therein lies the catch! :Smile_trollface:

Members
2,769 posts
21 minutes ago, surratus said:

I'm scared to move in an Omaha...or at least move first.  Is that bad?

Nope. Omaha cannot be the tip of the spear. She must let others spot and let others take hits while she careens around the backfield ALWAYS firing and creating mayhem amongst the enemy... ALWAYS.

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

My Leningrad has two speeds Ludicrous speed and Plaid ..normally I run Plaid. ...and always get into trouble ..bwhahahah!!!

:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
20,804 posts
22,691 battles
25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Play a game with me in my Massachusetts and you generally will hear the team shouting "Get Back!" as I "rush in where angels fear to tread." One would think that counterproductive but my WR in the Massachusetts is 60% after 689 battles. It doesn't work if you yolo and do not good but if you yolo, plus sink a couple of the enemy and scatter the rest from a cap in the process then it generally results in a win if you have a halfway decent team.

:cap_look:
"Big Mamie" is big fun to sail into battles.  :-)

• Cool 2

[TORCH]
Members
829 posts
8,354 battles

Translation...."why doesn't everyone yolo and die like me?"...It's the weekend...you'll find plenty of kindred spirits out there atm...

[A-I-M]
Members
4,956 posts
18,539 battles
2 hours ago, Versili said:

On a plaid-related note, Frank Bonner passed away just over two weeks ago.

He was the actor who played Herb Tarlek in “WKRP in Cincinnati.”

The show was a riot.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

[BD7]
Members
1 post
1,997 battles

I'm the kind who has to force himself to slow-down and study the minimap for a couple. But that doesn't mean I cower on the edge of the map with 100% health.

Also, anyone who wants easy Community (Recruiting) points please send an invite to davidestover@gmail.com. My internet connection was down for several months (long story) so WOW thought I was dead of something. They want me to accept another invite so the 1st invite I receive gets the points.

Members
3,366 posts
3,065 battles
4 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

People often think they can get away with farming damage while someone else wins. Nobody checks to see if anyone else is doing the same, until they're about to lose & waste all their farming potential.

On the occasion that someone does lead by example, those farmers don't do well anyways. They get yelled at by their team, who quickly depletes targets for them to farm. My Scharn games come to mind(funnily enough, from Co-Op).

[-VT-]
[-VT-]
Members
2,274 posts
26,543 battles

Because with all the changes the game punishes you for pushing forward.

[REKTD]
Members
1,216 posts
15,730 battles
4 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Most teams are total cowards, I can see not moving if you can fire a damn shell all the way from A to C, , but if you can do that SUPPORT YOUR TEAM, and don't sit there waiting for somebody else to play it for you !

It really depends on the ship. And WG does not make many ships suited to charging forward, nor do they enable that tactic to be successful considering all of the gimmicks ships are given now. Secondaries on BBs are much weaker, DDs are stronger, so many rapid firing gun boat DDs now...

In 2 of the 5 games I played I was called a “coward” in my Strasbourg, angling and engaging multiple targets while drawing fire from a minimum of 2 reds at a time. Yes, I kept them at 16+km. Consequently, I survived. The toxic chat-spammer naturally did not, in both cases. In both cases I was high caliber. In both cases I was top of the leaderboard. In both cases our “team” (and I use the term extremely loosely in this age of crybaby’s who troll their own “team” after their 4 minute ride to doom) won the match.

The best advice is to play your ship in a way that recognizes you, and only you, are responsible for you. If you find yourself thinking about “support”, specifically the “lack of” support...you put yourself in a bad position. It is as simple as that. One look at my DD ratings will tell you I have ample experience in just what “bad positioning” looks like. 

Edited by SuperComm4

[ALLY]
Members
549 posts
26,706 battles
8 hours ago, Versili said:

Have you figured out how to Jam the Radar Yet? Shouldn't your name be Lonestar?

C130 signing out

PS: "I'm a MOG.  Half man, half dog.  I'm my own best friend."  The late John Candy rest his soul

• Cool 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,937 posts
4 hours ago, Hercules_C130 said:

Have you figured out how to Jam the Radar Yet? Shouldn't your name be Lonestar?

C130 signing out

PS: "I'm a MOG.  Half man, half dog.  I'm my own best friend."  The late John Candy rest his soul

We need a plaid color camo for the ships . Something traditional Scottish . Hmmmm:cap_haloween:

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles
11 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

It really depends on the ship.

^^^This^^^

Some ships I can, depending on a few other factors, push up.  Others are better suited for the mid range or longer.  I tend to gravitate to the former, but have my fair share of the latter.  

And, of course, you have to read your team...and the reds too.  If I'm in a pusher, and don't have support...well...a pusher at mid without support is better than a pusher up front alone.

My favorite push ship is Bismarck.  Very strong push ship when top tier.  An alpha dog.  Gotta really watch how things unfold when bottom tier...but can still be aggressive if there is good terrain.

And, for course, my recent posts on Tiger show how you can push in that ship.  However, as it's a support ship, it is highly dependent on...well...other ships coming along...or at least supporting in some way.

• Cool 1

Members
1,244 posts
6,750 battles

I'm grinding up to a Bismarck and a North Carolina, hopefully by them the teams will act like teams and not 2 year old's