Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Minnesota and ricochets

3 comments in this topic

Members
926 posts

I finally ended the terrible grind that is the Kansas, and have found the Minnesota more enjoyable. I'm getting an awful lot of ricochets - sometimes 30% of hits - despite not aiming any differently than I would with any other battleship. My assumption is that this is a "feature" of the MN guns, and I wanted to confirm as such with you folks. Should I just aim high and deal with getting overpens?

Edited by guns_at_last_light
  • Haha 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,159 battles
45 minutes ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I finally ended the terrible grind that is the Kansas, and have found the Minnesota more enjoyable. I'm getting an awful lot of ricochets - sometimes 30% of hits - despite not aiming any differently than I would with any other battleship. My assumption is that this is a "feature" of the MN guns, and I wanted to confirm as such with you folks. Should I just aim high and deal with getting overpens?

It depends on what angle the shells are hitting, where you're hitting, what you're hitting, your shell caliber, the range of what you're hitting, your AP penetration, the usual AP mechanics stuff. However, at least Minnesota has 16in guns, so it has decent overmatch capability against 27mm armor. She also has 1.8 sigma, which....isn't the BEST, but it's not the worst either. Kansas has it even worse because her guns are 1.7 sigma....I feel like she's definitely more inaccurate, which is even more painful because you're stuck with 40s reload, so when you miss, it HURTS.

But no, I don't think ricochets are JUST a Minnesota feature, my California, basically all my 14in gunned battleships uptiered experience this. Even 16in gunned battleship experience this too, because 32mm bow/stern can bounce it, given the right angle.

[4_0_4]
Members
291 posts
1,757 battles

I think it’s the shells that would have straight missed on Kansas hitting with weird angles on the Minnesota.  

My honest advice is to get as much xp for Minnesota in the grand battles as you can.  It’s what I’ve been doing.

Sign in to follow this