You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

When the Cabin Boy takes the helm...

6 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles

Colorado with a three-point captain (well, four points but one going unused), posted for all those players who have earned or will soon earn her with a six-pointer.

For sure I was lucky to get a top-tier battle. Rhetorical question: does only having a three-pointer in charge balance that out?

• Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[WPORT]
Members
10,938 posts
15,412 battles

:cap_look:

[HELLS]
Members
2,879 posts
32,512 battles

It does not matter what captain you have in that ship, if you know how to play her. You have to get too close for comfort to do anything worthwhile in her and you are too slow to get out of your own shadow when the DDs come. The 16-inch guns are devastating with AP once they hit a hard target, but I wish you luck with that beyond 10 km! I hate this ship so bad I have sold the damned thing out three times already since I first ground the original USN BB line 5+years ago and they keep giving it back! This time she becomes another port queen just in case.

[SPERG]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,521 posts
13,571 battles

LOL I saw the thread title and thought Chris Elliott started playing.

At top tier and esp. in CO the CO skills are not a huge deal, it is all about positioning your ship and not straying away from your support ships.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles

good players can do well with no captain.  I think your cabin boy did well. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
6 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

good players

LOL, my Randoms win rate is just a shade over 50%. Good? Try 'barely acceptable'.

Strangely, in the Colorado it is significantly better - exactly 60%, 30 wins out of 50 fights. 

I have higher win rates in other ships, but not enough games in them to brag in public with any degree of honesty. e.g. my win rate in West Virginia 41 is 86%, but the raw figure is 12/14 battles; Texas is 76% but that's across only 17 battles.

My win rate across all the slow Americans from Tier 5 up (New York, New Mex, Colorado, Kansas, Minnesota, Vermont; Texas, WV41, Oklahoma) is also exactly 60%; 111 out of 185 battles. There seems to be something about them as a group that I mesh well with. (My standout failures with win rates less than half are Kansas, as she was first pre-released before any buffs, and New Mexico.)