You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

Good or Bad idea  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think these are good ships to add to the game?

• Hell yeah!
    • Yeah but I have doubts about their usability
    • Meh..
    • No they are bundles of trash
    • of course not we don't need more he spammers
    • They'd make a good premium?
    • unsure and idk?
    • Too Broken Wargaming will never add

6 comments in this topic

[RNGOD]
Members
59 posts
5,029 battles

I am here to share how I think an italian dd line would go bear in mind the ships wouldnt be as historically accurate with potential torpedo tube increases similar to EU DDs and the Rof on the guns are ahistorical and made up by me . the torpedoes are also the ones from their cruiser counterparts but with range ,damage and speed adjustments 

Gimmicks

High hitpoint pools for their tier

HE shells and SAP

Standard line Has acess to either exhaust Smoke or Normal smoke

Esploratori line Uses emergency engine power instead of engine boost

Mostly low detection ranges due to the short lengths of most ships

Slow outside of engine boost on most ships and 

Tier 2: Sella
First of the two sella class ships in the tree
represents the sella class as completed

1x2  1x1 120mm gun 6 second reload
2x2 533 mm torpedoes300px-Sella_at_anchor.jpg.7cb2c3446fdbc531c86fdc5842ec1465.jpg

Tier 3 :Bettino Ricasoli
second of the sella class ships represented
represents the modifications done to the sella class
 same as sella but trades the single mount for another twin mount gun300px-Sella_at_anchor.jpg.7cb2c3446fdbc531c86fdc5842ec1465.jpg

Tier 4 :Sauro
gains two triple torpedo tubes instead of twins 
slight increase in gun Rof to 5.5 seconds300px-Destroyer_Nazario_Sauro.jpg.68c04bc92da35a1e4df73e63cd0c089c.jpg

Tier 5: Turbine
gains more aa,speed and torpedo damage compared to sauro300px-Espero_at_anchor.jpg.5f6507fa1904bedb2ba6754dee0c32be.jpg

Tier 6 : Folgore
gets an increase in gun RoF to 5 seconds and torpedo damage300px-Rn_fulmine.jpg.825f3548a68ce13b0b154526818a7d0b.jpg

From here it branches off into two distinct lines Similar to German Destroyers.

Esploratori Line

these destroyers have more guns and higher speed compared to their normal counterparts but suffer from less aa defenses compared to the normal line

Tier 7 : Luca Tarigo
a Navigatori Class Destroyer that has
3x2 120mm guns gaining an extra turret over folgore
RoF slightly increased to 4.8 have the same dpm as Maestrale and Torpedo Damage increased over folgore300px-Nicolo_Zeno_at_anchor.jpg.5320cb12f1aa131ab08de02a19245b9f.jpg

Tier 8 :Comandante Toscano
The first of the Commandanti Medaglie d' Oro Class , She uses 4 5.3 inch guns in single turrets
with 6 torpedo launchers
5.3 inch guns have 5 second reload300px-Commandanti_1st_series_model.jpg.31316f58e699b065aeb852087378421c.jpg

Tier 9 : Comandante Giorgis
part of the second group of Commandantis She gains another 5.3 inch gun over Toscano
5.3 inch guns have 5 second reloadCommandanti_2nd_series_model.thumb.jpg.94828690db71ff5220dfe02c018509d6.jpg

Tier 10 : Atilio Regolo
A Capitani Romani Class esploratori compared to her predecesors she featured increased gun and torpedo armament
Similar to paolo emilio but loses a quadruple launcher to have all of them centerline with increased gun Rof to about 7 secondsRM-ScipioneAfricano.jpg.77392815e35eb9c279bf6342047773f6.jpg

Standard Line 

These destroyers can swap  between a normal smoke generator and exhaust smoke and have faster firing 120 mm guns

Tier 7 : Maestrale
RoF on guns goes down to 4.2 seconds same torpedoes as luca tarigoRM-Scirocco_at_anchor.jpg.23b1757a2056bfc1ac6ad3d5267da2a2.jpg

Tier 8 : Oriani
Rof goes to 4 seconds and torpedo damage goes up300px-Oriani_and_her_crew.jpg.6598e7410910563b6768a94cefe30f1e.jpg

Tier 9 : Artigliere
Rof goes to 3.5 seconds and torpedo damage goes upRN_Artigliere.jpg.a68c99e6c9d493c3fdaf010d7dd64da9.jpg

Tier 10 : Carabinere
Gains another turret to ArtigliereLegionario_destroyer_1941.jpg.a2776ccbc355be77099587240ae6e0d2.jpg

Edited by lolpip
  • Cool 5

[RNGOD]
Members
59 posts
5,029 battles

The format is off because i used too many spaces I think?

[CYN1C]
[CYN1C]
Members
346 posts
6,271 battles

I'd change the format a bit and add in at least some stats, like torpedo size, max speed, and maybe consumables. I don't think there is a reason to have both standard and engine exhaust smoke, even if they are on the same slot.

I'd stick with either metric or imperial measurements (I prefer to use both, but the game defaults to metric). And lastly, as a personal preference, I like to have the image directly under the name of the ship, so my eyes don't have to skip around the page as I am skimming through.

According to WG, detectability is determined by how tall a ship is, rather than how long. Granted, WG also seems to be very subjective about it and I can't find a formula for it, so I tend to stay away from it for the most part.

And lastly, RoF is not the same as Reload. Rate of Fire for naval artillery is generally measured in Rounds per Minute (RPM). Since you are measuring your time in seconds, I can understand that you mean Reload instead of RoF, so it isn't too bad, just thought I'd point it out.

As for how I see the line? I can't make much of a comment, as there is little to actually comment on.

To help you out, I've copied the HP calculation that I use when making my stats.

Battleship HP Formula: (1.1812 X tonnage*) + 10837

Cruiser HP Formula: (1.8631 X tonnage*) + 9859.4

Destroyer HP Formula: (4.4907 X tonnage*) + 3435.5

Aircraft Carrier HP Formula: (0.7311 X tonnage*) + 28253

*where 'tonnage' is full load in metric tons for the fully upgraded top hull HP, and 'standard' load in metric tons for the stock hull HP.

HP totals are rounded to the nearest hundred.

Members
465 posts
4,325 battles
7 hours ago, 40902nd said:

I'd change the format a bit and add in at least some stats, like torpedo size, max speed, and maybe consumables. I don't think there is a reason to have both standard and engine exhaust smoke, even if they are on the same slot.

I'd stick with either metric or imperial measurements (I prefer to use both, but the game defaults to metric). And lastly, as a personal preference, I like to have the image directly under the name of the ship, so my eyes don't have to skip around the page as I am skimming through.

According to WG, detectability is determined by how tall a ship is, rather than how long. Granted, WG also seems to be very subjective about it and I can't find a formula for it, so I tend to stay away from it for the most part.

And lastly, RoF is not the same as Reload. Rate of Fire for naval artillery is generally measured in Rounds per Minute (RPM). Since you are measuring your time in seconds, I can understand that you mean Reload instead of RoF, so it isn't too bad, just thought I'd point it out.

As for how I see the line? I can't make much of a comment, as there is little to actually comment on.

To help you out, I've copied the HP calculation that I use when making my stats.

It's amazing just how far my formulas have travelled! I should really publish the updated set... The CV formulas are the only ones that are tier-specific and there's also the formula for supercruisers which differ from both battleships and cruisers.

As for the DD lines, I don't think the tiering is right with many of them, but it's not a bad effort.

[CYN1C]
[CYN1C]
Members
346 posts
6,271 battles

For super cruisers, I used the average of the Battleship and Cruiser formulas, which I think got me into the ball park. If you could publish those formulas, I, at least, would be grateful. 

As for reordering them for tiers, I think he might have a better idea on how they shake out once he actually starts writing the stats out. 

Members
465 posts
4,325 battles
13 hours ago, 40902nd said:

For super cruisers, I used the average of the Battleship and Cruiser formulas, which I think got me into the ball park. If you could publish those formulas, I, at least, would be grateful. 

As for reordering them for tiers, I think he might have a better idea on how they shake out once he actually starts writing the stats out. 

I'll make a post explaining how all numbers are derived in-game with all the formulas I've derived when I get the time for it

• Thanks 1