Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

'Winter' camo visibility option

8 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,695 posts

I'd like to ask if we could have a 'Winter' camo category added to the drop down list of visible permanent camos in-game.

During the last year or so I picked up quite a few of the permanent 'Winter' types for a number of my ships and I would like the option to hide them like many other (in my opinion) gaudy, non-military, permanent camos I have. They really detract from the feeling that this is a battle game.

Thanks for considering my request.:Smile_great:

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles

Pretty much the only camo I use on Duke of York.

Wish I had a similar one for my Scharnhorst.

[SALVO]
Members
26,586 posts
31,510 battles
6 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much the only camo I use on Duke of York.

Wish I had a similar one for my Scharnhorst.

Not to be overly picky,  the icy perma "camo" for the DoY and Scharny really are more like skins than camos, not that there's usually that much difference.  Look at it this way.  Would you think of the space "camos/skins" for certain tier 10 ships as camos or skins?  To me, they're skins.  Camos to me mean paint jobs, pure and simple, however ugly or gorgeous the paint job is.

[WPORT]
Members
11,031 posts
15,507 battles

I recently assigned a Commander Santa Claus to the New York in my Port, partly because the ship was equipped with the permanent "winter" camouflage.

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Not to be overly picky,  the icy perma "camo" for the DoY and Scharny really are more like skins than camos, not that there's usually that much difference.  Look at it this way.  Would you think of the space "camos/skins" for certain tier 10 ships as camos or skins?  To me, they're skins.  Camos to me mean paint jobs, pure and simple, however ugly or gorgeous the paint job is.

A valid point.

I basically use the space skin on my DM all the time because I never bought a perma camo for it.

[SALVO]
Members
26,586 posts
31,510 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

A valid point.

I basically use the space skin on my DM all the time because I never bought a perma camo for it.

Indeed.  Unless one had money to burn or you've earned additional free perma-camos, why bother buying a perma camo when you have freebies to use.

[SALVO]
Members
26,586 posts
31,510 battles
6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I recently assigned a Commander Santa Claus to the New York in my Port, partly because the ship was equipped with the permanent "winter" camouflage.

:cap_happy:

Ho-ho-ho!  

[WPORT]
Members
11,031 posts
15,507 battles
45 minutes ago, Crucis said:

:cap_happy:

Ho-ho-ho!  

:cap_like:

Sign in to follow this