You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas

There 100% are cheaters, and more of them than you think

133 comments in this topic

Members
90 posts
4,443 battles

I know that there is a mod pack that can be installed that contravenes the rules. WG has been very adamant that they have sophisticated systems in place to catch players using these illegal cheats. They are either lying or completely out of touch.

Yesterday, I encountered an Alaska player who was able to hit enemy ships with nearly 100% accuracy, every single shot. So what, right? Sure, there are excellent players out there who can pull that off on the reg, and there are good players who just pull out an unreal game now and then. Fair enough. The problem I had in that game though, is that he was doing it to ships that hadn't been spotted in quite some time. He got me with one. I was in Marceau, the fastest ship possible, with speed boost activated, and I hadn't been spotted for 15 seconds, and I made a sharp change in my course. BLAP, a hyper accurate guess shot at a blank spot on the map from 15km away.  Riiiiight.....So  I look him up after the game, and he's a 54% WR player, so pretty solid, and I guess maybe he was just in the zone. BUT! Over the last few months, he's suddenly become a MEGA UNICUM. His WR has soared to c.70% and he's doubled his average damage!

There's just no way that after 8000 games of 54% play, he all of a sudden blossomed into the most dangerous player on the server, seemingly overnight. This HAS to be either someone cheating, or someone allowing a FAR better player to play their account. Given the guess shots he pulled off, I'm guessing the former.

If someone can pull this off for several months without the sophisticated anti-cheat system catching it, then there is nothing stopping anyone else, and I suspect that most players inclined to install these cheats are well aware of the fact.

There are cheaters in this game, and there are almost certainly way more of them than you think there are.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 4

[P2W]
Beta Testers
239 posts
16,059 battles

Its all about Karma

• Meh 1

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,911 posts

You're already being cheated so hard by WG that you couldn't tell the difference.
You're already being cheated so hard by WG that you shouldn't even care if a player is cheating.

Fun fact: I blasted a couple Marceau's yesterday in Grand while playing an Alsace.
My stats stink, but my aiming is good.

6 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

The proof is in the stats more than anything.

Stat padding. Been there, done that. Too easy. Got bored.

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles

replay or it didnt happen, a stats increase over MONTHS means nothing, he could have been diving up with better players or he learned from his mistakes over those months and got better, or as z9 pointed out, stat padding, seal clubbing exists

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
Members
1,151 posts
2,228 battles
7 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

Who cares? The proof is in the stats more than anything.

Stats can be easily manipulated, especially if the player has just started back up playing the account. Replays are needed to make sure that you definitely were not spotted and what the Alaska was aiming at from its perspective.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
90 posts
4,443 battles
5 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Stat padding. Been there, done that. Too easy. Got bored.

Yeah, you're right. He went 7,500 games at 54% and 50k dmg and then suddenly decided to stat pad and win 70% of his games with 95k avg damage. Good point.

5 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

Stats can be easily manipulated, especially if the player has just started back up playing the account. Replays are needed to make sure that you definitely were not spotted and what the Alaska was aiming at from its perspective.

lol stfu

7 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

stats increase over MONTHS means nothing,

yeah, it means nothing when a slightly better than average player becomes a super unicum overnight. Nothing to see here, happens all the time.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 8

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,113 posts
13,531 battles

I don't necessarily see what's wrong with blind-firing at blank spots on the map. It's possible to hit things, and if you have nothing else to shoot at, you're always free to cycle some ammo, right?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles

alright guys, this guy is a waste of time, hes not going to give a replay because itll show that he was bull crapping the whole time, hes just mad that theres players better than him

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[-N-]
Beta Testers
268 posts
6,811 battles
18 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

I know that there is a mod pack that can be installed that contravenes the rules. WG has been very adamant that they have sophisticated systems in place to catch players using these illegal cheats. They are either lying or completely out of touch.

Yesterday, I encountered an Alaska player who was able to hit enemy ships with nearly 100% accuracy, every single shot. So what, right? Sure, there are excellent players out there who can pull that off on the reg, and there are good players who just pull out an unreal game now and then. Fair enough. The problem I had in that game though, is that he was doing it to ships that hadn't been spotted in quite some time. He got me with one. I was in Marceau, the fastest ship possible, with speed boost activated, and I hadn't been spotted for 15 seconds, and I made a sharp change in my course. BLAP, a hyper accurate guess shot at a blank spot on the map from 15km away.  Riiiiight.....So  I look him up after the game, and he's a 54% WR player, so pretty solid, and I guess maybe he was just in the zone. BUT! Over the last few months, he's suddenly become a MEGA UNICUM. His WR has soared to c.70% and he's doubled his average damage!

There's just no way that after 8000 games of 54% play, he all of a sudden blossomed into the most dangerous player on the server, seemingly overnight. This HAS to be either someone cheating, or someone allowing a FAR better player to play their account. Given the guess shots he pulled off, I'm guessing the former.

If someone can pull this off for several months without the sophisticated anti-cheat system catching it, then there is nothing stopping anyone else, and I suspect that most players inclined to install these cheats are well aware of the fact.

There are cheaters in this game, and there are almost certainly way more of them than you think there are.

Do you know how hard it is to write a cheating program?

No programmer will spend months on a cheat program for a game like WOWS with 10k player base lol.

Hence why there are so many Call of duty cheat programs. Because there are a lot of players willing to buy it. and COD company is constantly updating their anti cheat program.

My guess in regards to your situation. is that. you are some old boomer who doesn't know how good players play.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 3

Members
90 posts
4,443 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

alright guys, this guy is a waste of time, hes not going to give a replay because itll show that he was [edited]'ing the whole time, hes just mad that theres players better than him

Yeah, totally making it up.

• Meh 3

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles
Just now, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

Yeah, totally making it up.

if youre not, then show the replay, we cant just take someones word for it, if people were banned because someone THOUGHT they were cheating, there wouldnt be any games left to play, because everyone would be banned from them

• Cool 3

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,396 battles
4 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

lol stfu

An articulate and well thought out rebuttal, absolutely devastated.

• Funny 3

Members
90 posts
4,443 battles
2 minutes ago, reza577 said:

Do you know how hard it is to write a cheating program?

No programmer will spend months on a cheat program for a game like WOWS with 10k player base lol.

Hence why there are so many Call of duty cheat programs. Because there are a lot of players willing to buy it. and COD company is constantly updating their anti cheat program.

My guess in regards to your situation. is that. you are some old boomer who doesn't know how good players play.

There are publicly available youtube videos of players using the illegal mods to cheat. 

• Meh 2

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,689 battles
2 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

Yeah, you're right. He went 7,500 games at 54% and 50k dmg and then suddenly decided to stat pad and win 70% of his games with 95k avg damage. Good point.

lol stfu

yeah, it means nothing when a slightly better than average player becomes a super unicum overnight. Nothing to see here, happens all the time.

Jeez dude - quick to vitriolic responses, when all that is needed is a replay...

If it was such a big deal, as you are making the case for (and proof of cheating is....a BIG DEAL!) - why not post a replay?

It is not hard. People here have posted previously steps for how to do this; and would be happy to assist you with how to post a replay. It would take less time than it takes you to spew your vitriolic backlash at everyone who has and will continue to doubt your story.

Members
90 posts
4,443 battles
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

if youre not, then show the replay, we cant just take someones word for it, if people were banned because someone THOUGHT they were cheating, there wouldnt be any games left to play, because everyone would be banned from them

I don't want to go through 40 replays to find the right one. That's it. I don't care if you believe it or not. Look his stats up and figure it out on your own.

• Meh 4

[HINON]
Members
9,153 posts
13,701 battles
2 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

I don't want to go through 40 replays to find the right one. That's it. I don't care if you believe it or not. Look his stats up and figure it out on your own.

burden of proof isnt on me, its on you, youre the one that accused it, YOURE the one that has to prove it

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 9

[REKTD]
Members
669 posts
11,689 battles
Just now, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

You came here to discuss the issue. Replays are time stamped. Again, less time to do it the right way as opposed to making a big fuss and throwing snarky commentary. What did you expect? 

Ah, to troll people on the forums. Carry on - everyone has to get their kicks somehow...

• Funny 1

[KRAB]
Members
928 posts
7,402 battles

My Alaska on EU averages 15% more damage per game than your "cheater" manages and I guarantee I am not using any cheat mods. 

[BONKS]
Members
427 posts
10,006 battles

Have you considered the fact that the dude may have sold his account?

[HKC]
Members
882 posts
1 minute ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

The only way to get feedback on your gripe is to provide a video, particularly because you are coming off as completely unreasonable and therefore unreliable. As it stands the gent who nuked you is in my mind  comfortably residing in the competent player zone. 

[-AFK-]
Members
1,359 posts
16,525 battles
11 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

I love how no one is able to take relevant information from the original post.

You need evidence, 
This is the internet, we're not taking your word for it, 

"Believe me, I am telling the truth, there are cheaters everywhere, honest!"

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
7 minutes ago, HarmonieuxKingOfTheJaJas said:

We can't look the player up because you have not and cannot post the name. Post the replay or go silent.

• Cool 1