You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
USMC_FMF

Do you wish to see +/- 1 Tier Only

Do you wish to see +/- 1 Tier Only  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to see +/- 1 Tier Only

• Yes
    • No

138 comments in this topic

[CLUMP]
Members
397 posts

Title says it all. Getting uptiered to 8 from 6 and 9 from 7 while regrinding more than 60% of the time has been dumb. 

• Cool 4

[Y0L0W]
Members
525 posts
10,189 battles

I would like to see +/- 1 MM, but only if WoWs has the population to handle it.

I would much rather wait ~30s for +/- 2 MM like it currently is than having >2 min wait times.

• Cool 10
  • Meh 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,001 posts
18,493 battles

Not even a little. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,634 posts
18,364 battles

Took my gnevny out this morning, had fun dunking on enemy Cleveland. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
31 minutes ago, SirPent13 said:

I would like to see +/- 1 MM, but only if WoWs has the population to handle it.

I would much rather wait ~30s for +/- 2 MM like it currently is than having >2 min wait times.

This. I don't think we need it, but I have no reason to want to avoid it, and a lot of people seem to want it.

Why not?

• Cool 1

[GOCRY]
Members
1,004 posts

Most of the time, I can only get a game in during the early morning hours when the server population is smallest.  Restricting the MM spread would be very detrimental to cue times, and more importantly, would cause more cue dumps.  Those are way worse for balanced gameplay than being up tiered a bunch.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles

What's the point for a more restricted tier spread when there's already a mode with restricted tier spread (Ranked)? Why more of the same?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

What's the point for a more restricted tier spread when there's already a mode with restricted tier spread (Ranked)? Why more of the same?

Well, if Ranked were permanent, and started before college students get out of bed after a bar crawl, there would be no point lol.

• Funny 3
  • Haha 2

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
12 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Well, if Ranked were permanent, and started before college students get out of bed after a bar crawl, there would be no point lol.

LOL... you might have a point there, my perspective is clouded by a 55-60 hours weekly work schedule 

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Members
2,457 posts
20,590 battles

for the most part +2 is fine. unless you play very specific boats that struggle being uptiered. COUGH COUGH YUKON

• Meh 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,448 posts
14,968 battles
1 hour ago, USMC_FMF said:

Title says it all. Getting uptiered to 8 from 6 and 9 from 7 while regrinding more than 60% of the time has been dumb. 

Really, got any proof? The MM tries for no more than 40% bottom tier in three tier matches with the rest made up of middle and top tier.

Edit: yes it is possible to have short term streaks that go outside of the MM rules but not for long periods.

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[PIXEL]
Members
87 posts
15,643 battles

I used to hate being uptiered, but I have gotten over it 

I took it as a challenge to get better since there were others who didn’t seem to mind 

then I realized the benefits of being bottom tier…being able to make much xp by damaging higher tier ships

Work on staying alive and chipping away at the big boys… the rewards are there, both economic & improvements to your skills. 

gl & have fun getting better 

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
3 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

LOL... you might have a point there, my perspective is clouded by a 55-60 hours weekly work schedule 

Where I'm sort of the opposite. My hours haven't yet come back up to pre-COVID levels, morning was when my daughter was fully into her online learning, and didn't require attention.

By the time Ranked starts, my daughter is done, and my wife will be home in an hour or so. Next opportunity is after I put both my girls to bed, and because of some aspects of my unwinding ritual, I'm less suited for (even a semi-) competitive gaming mode lol.

Of course, now it doesn't matter, everybody's home for the summer, so nighttime it is!

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
2 minutes ago, derf_20 said:

I used to hate being uptiered, but I have gotten over it 

I took it as a challenge to get better since there were others who didn’t seem to mind 

then I realized the benefits of being bottom tier…being able to make much xp by damaging higher tier ships

Work on staying alive and chipping away at the big boys… the rewards are there, both economic & improvements to your skills. 

What I don't get, is why nobody else seems to have my outlook.

I enjoy smashing bottom tier ships when I am top tier. Yet I am mature enough (surprising I know lol) to know that I can't have it all my own way. So I have no problem being a smashee, in order that I can also be a smasher. And I don't have to be a smashee, I can merely be a bit disadvantaged, if I play well.

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,911 posts
28 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

there's already a mode with restricted tier spread (Ranked)

And Grand. And Operations. And you can always play Tier 10. (I like tier 10. Dunno why so many hate it.)

24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Ranked 'is' permanent, basically. But yeah, I'm usually peaking right when they shut the thing off for the night!

12 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

my perspective is clouded by a 55-60 hours weekly work schedule 

I don't think that 55-60 hours weekly posting in the forums qualifies as 'work schedule'.

[SALVO]
Members
9,013 posts
6,716 battles
4 minutes ago, z9_ said:

I don't think that 55-60 hours weekly posting in the forums qualifies as 'work schedule'.

Ahahhaha, touche, that one stung...  I usually go for a quick post or two when I end/switch tasks... my work is very "episodic", mostly solving stuff in a 5-30 minutes window frame, I can also check the forums from my phone when I'm waiting for whatever reason. Forum helps me fill the down time and TBH, I'm kinda burnt out from work but as I'm "essential" I must remain "on call" without chance of an extended leave, so they must deal with me slacking during work hours when there´s low workload.

• Funny 1

[WKY20]
Members
4,224 posts
26,432 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

This. I don't think we need it, but I have no reason to want to avoid it, and a lot of people seem to want it.

Why not?

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

A respectful, trenchant, and amusing colloquy on the Forum?

What sorcery prevails? 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,210 posts
26,336 battles

I used to want +1/-1 matchmaking back when I still would play PvP.... Now that I totally bailed on the mode, do not really care what they do in that regard. 

Matchmaking has run off more players from the game than any mechanic I can think of. Carriers are probably a close second place. The good news for Wargaming is that I don't think there really is a need to make any changes to matchmaking since it isn't liable to attract any new players nor will it run off many current players. We are in a nice, stagnant spot with the game. 

• Cool 1

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,190 battles

Yeah, this would be VERY nice. Actually, WoWs Legends does this matchmaking and I enjoy it immensely!

[CAAT]
Members
2,245 posts
5,190 battles

Ahahhaha, touche, that one stung...  I usually go for a quick post or two when I end/switch tasks... my work is very "episodic", mostly solving stuff in a 5-30 minutes window frame, I can also check the forums from my phone when I'm waiting for whatever reason. Forum helps me fill the down time and TBH, I'm kinda burnt out from work but as I'm "essential" I must remain "on call" without chance of an extended leave, so they must deal with me slacking during work hours when there´s low workload.

Just gotta say, love your new signature! Way to stick it to that toxic person on your team who called you that! XD

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
46 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

A respectful, trenchant, and amusing colloquy on the Forum?

What sorcery prevails? 

We have a chemistry between us .....:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,370 posts
10,591 battles
12 minutes ago, Lynx7386 said:

Same tier only or bust

It'd be bust, I think the wait times would drive many away.

Although, I guess they could round out matches with bots....which would also drive many away.

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

Yes one tier difference would be nice :fish_cute_2:

Beta Testers
1,023 posts
15,577 battles

I would like to see +/- 1 but understand the wait times could be alot longer during low server population times.

Would it not be possible to make the MM +/-1 during high population times and +/-2 otherwise?