You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mercury_Trap

Outnumbered Skill. Do you like it?

31 comments in this topic

[NGA-A]
Members
9 posts
6,636 battles

I was looking to add this as my last skill on my cruiser Hindenburg. Looking for opinions on it. It seams  kind of situational. If you have it, is it active a lot? Is it worth the 4 points?

[NSEW]
Members
2,557 posts
12,104 battles

We're Airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded, outnumbered...ah sorry. Wrong forum.

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1

[RLGN]
Members
16,628 posts
29,071 battles

Haven’t used it on anything, but that’s mostly just on me.

Members
796 posts
10,285 battles

Outnumbered is not a standard choice on most cruisers. It's expensive and conditional.

It can be situationally useful on cruisers that are excellent at kiting  - Shchors and Roon and ships of that ilk(open water/ranged) that come to mind. Hindy can do that too, but tbh on that ship the points might be better spent elsewhere.

I'll often intentionally take good kiting ships to the weak flank and put myself in good position to harass pushing enemy ships while kiting back to a stronger friendly position. The bonuses are fairly nice when triggered in this scenario.

Not a strategy recommended for novices though.

Edited by Dr_Powderfinger
  • Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,645 posts
7,873 battles

Ive honestly never used it..prefer skills that dont have conditions attached to em.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[NGA-A]
Members
9 posts
6,636 battles
9 minutes ago, Dr_Powderfinger said:

Outnumbered is not a standard choice on most cruisers.

It can be situationally useful on cruisers that are excellent at kiting  - Shchors and Roon and ships of that ilk(open water/ranged) that come to mind.

I'll often intentionally take good kiting ships to the weak flank and put myself in good position to activate the skill and harass pushing enemy ships while kiting back to a stronger friendly position. The bonuses are fairly nice when triggered.

Not a strategy recommended for novices though.

That’s exactly what I was thinking 

[USCC]
Members
3,522 posts
16,304 battles
39 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Ive honestly never used it..prefer skills that dont have conditions attached to em.

Ditto!

[TCWNN]
Beta Testers
117 posts
8,769 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

We're Airborne, we're supposed to be surrounded, outnumbered...ah sorry. Wrong forum.

“Airborne! Want to go blow up HQ?”

Its a good skill to have if all the BBs are dead i use it for a few ships

[WPORT]
Members
11,039 posts
15,507 battles
3 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

image_2021-07-01_084803.png.23d30fd226110170f9fd42845a1bd735.png

3 hours ago, Mercury_Trap said:

I was looking to add this as my last skill on my cruiser Hindenburg. Looking for opinions on it. It seams  kind of situational. If you have it, is it active a lot? Is it worth the 4 points?

I tried a "Lighthouse Build" a few times with my Yoshino and a 15-point Commander.
It was interesting to see the dispersion of projectiles get tightened-up to be nicely accurate.
I did it as an experiment.  But, have since gone back to my previous Commander and normal versatility build which includes better concealment.

If you have the spare Commander or temporarily assign one from another 'bote, then try it to see if you like it.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,543 battles

It's one of the worst skills there is...out of all the skills...for every class...Just go with the lighthouse build on a Hindy...It's a massive damage boost, and with double rudder shift your not going to get hit much anyway...

[DW-62]
Beta Testers
257 posts
1,855 battles
5 hours ago, Mercury_Trap said:

pretty poor skill, definitely not worth 4 points. Read the fine print: "If there are more visible hostile ships than allies within the ship's standard main battery firing range" That's 3 limiting clauses for 1 so-called benefit. Run it by your lawyer, and even he might laugh at just what you're asking to sign up for. Sometimes, the current skill tree is almost like a litmus test for the player base if they actually fundamentally understand how this game is played...usually. 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
5 hours ago, Mercury_Trap said:

What other 4-point skills do you have?

Members
618 posts
3,387 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What other 4-point skills do you have?

Top Grade Gunner is my go-to, but none of the 4-point cruiser skills are great.

• Cool 1

[CUDA]
Members
577 posts
9,246 battles

I can't get past the aspect that your side is already losing before it activates. I want things that will help me win, not help me lose.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
17 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Top Grade Gunner is my go-to, but none of the 4-point cruiser skills are great.

Yeah, that's the only one I use, besides CE.

• Cool 1

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,674 battles

Top Grade Gunner and CE. A couple of my ships have decent concealment already so they have TGG first. That with AR helps with damage output. Then add in the HE skill or Super Heavy AP and that’s another buff to damage output. It stacks up. 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,953 posts

I use it on the off chance the reloads will improve.

Frankly I think some of these add ons are so watered down as not to be noticeable in the heat of battle.

The main thing is that WG removed penalties on some of the add ons because you are reduced to whatever has either no penalties (Not a choice) or the least hurtful penalty that has to be balanced out by another add on.

Certain ships have a very specific load out. The Shima for example her AD is crappy anyway. So her 21 commander (Soon to be replaced by a 21 yamamoto once trained there) is pure torps. All about reloading. Get the big 12 km torps reloaded and on the way in less than 2 minutes maybe 1:50 or so. Which is way way faster than what they expect and on par with many ogher DD's in game. (You and me arrive at base objective your torps are first ready and fired. Im still wai8ting on mine to load for another minute or more. I get sunk)

It depends on the ship. WG specifically destroyed secondaries on many ships so they need alot of help. None of those that are any good. Last winter's secondary ships like the Pom can delete DD's that get detected quickly. I am waiting for the secondaries to come back. Priority AA has no meaning when FDR shows up and hovers over you all night sinking you while losing only a few planes. Its really sad when a BB with full AA spec has to creep to say a Worchester for AA help.

[WOLF3]
Members
31,765 posts
26,651 battles

Outnumbered is a stupid skill thought up for a stupid Rebork.

The idea for it is idiotic.

The conditions to activate it are even more idiotic.

And the cost for taking such an idiotic skill makes this so questionable that it baffles me that anyone that has played this game thought it a good idea to implement it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[NG-NL]
Members
6,604 posts
10,993 battles

It's great if procs, waste of almost 20% of your captain points otherwise.

You'd have to be a masochist to want a weak flank where enemies outnumber you just so you can farm damage with better MB dispersion.

Outnumbered would  be handy if only condition was 2+ enemy ships detected within your MB range, but...one can only dream.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

And the cost for taking such an idiotic skill makes this so questionable that it baffles me that anyone that has played this game thought it a good idea to implement it.

Really? Anyone? 

I see so many players get themselves into situations where the skill would activate lol.

Members
674 posts
18,025 battles

I run it on my Takao. 

It’s hard to tell how well it works since it’s hard to tell when it’s actually active. But I am often off kiting a flank alone, the ship’s mediocre range means that fewer allies are close enough to deactivate it, and the ship benefits from having a nice tight grouping into BB superstructures.

Probably not worth 4 points, but it’s also one of my last picks for that captain.

[WOLF3]
Members
31,765 posts
26,651 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Really? Anyone? 

I see so many players get themselves into situations where the skill would activate lol.

If you're in a situation for that to activate:

d29.jpg

[WOLFG]
Members
34,394 posts
10,593 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

If you're in a situation for that to activate:

d29.jpg

You would certainly think so, but because the type of players who would take the Outnumbered skill are common, it's surprising how often you can get away with it lol.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,824 posts
16,812 battles

The perk is useless in many situation, especially for ship that are supposed to run the skill.

This perk is great on ship that build for no concealment and full DPM like Hindenburg or Henri.

You want to put this skill on a ship that can go to the weaker flank and kite, however if the red team also sends its weaker flank on your side, then you're not going to proc the skill. That's already one drawback.

Let's say now you decide to go alone on a flank and the red team sends more than 2 ship on your flank. Well that's good you're going to proc the skill but who's going to spot those target for you ? that's the second drawback. 

You would better spend those 4 points somewhere else.