Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
warheart1992

HMS Cyclops (WiP, Goliath clone)

16 comments in this topic

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles

Credit here, please check the site if interested in more info. Obviously no announcement has been made and the source is a third party website, so all the relevant disclaimers apply:

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2021/06/hms-cyclops-british-tier-x-heavy.html?m=1

image.thumb.png.5cc3c28901394044695f45647fcb0e8f.png

As you can see, it's classed as a special ship and there's also an upcoming flag for it.

image.png.1ce7c954ba83b63878ff1faf2eb1c588.png

So far the stats appear to be exactly the same as Goliath, but I guess they will be tweaked to fulfill whatever role WG wants. 

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[TO07]
Members
4,289 posts
31,620 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Credit here, please check the site if interested in more info. Obviously no announcement has been made and the source is a third party website, so all the relevant disclaimers apply:

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2021/06/hms-cyclops-british-tier-x-heavy.html?m=1

As you can see, it's classed as a special ship and there's also an upcoming flag for it.

So far the stats appear to be exactly the same as Goliath, but I guess they will be tweaked to fulfill whatever role WG wants. 

Another Tier 10 ship, Good Lord WG :Smile_facepalm: 

[X-PN]
Members
3,810 posts
17,681 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

I could see a faster reload with a more normal heal. 

That idea would seem to fit WG MO as of late of promoting faster battles.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles

Looks like a coal, RB or steel ship to me?  I'd guess coal or RB.. but,  I suppose a dockyard ship might not be out of the question?  

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles

If they bring out this thing for coal and it bears a similar relation to Goliath as Salem does to Des Moines, my climb up the RN CA tech tree is effectively over.

Although with a name like Cyclops, she needs a variant on Chapayev's Halloween camo, with its single all-seeing eye replacing the rangefinder.

• Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
3 hours ago, PotatoMD said:

My guess is it's just a testing platform.

Testing platforms don't normally get commemorative flags done up for them.

• Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Members
2,314 posts
35,750 battles

If you have the Goliath, why get this (assuming it is a true 100% clone)?  If it is close but has a few different stats, then I can see a need/want for it. 

I know that the credit earning would be a bit different, and it would be a good cruiser captain trainer.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,877 posts
17,607 battles

i wonder what its gimmick will be, of course, thats even IF this is a legit thing and not a troll post from someone on that website

[BONKY]
Members
2,274 posts
26,706 battles

Very odd ship, it's basically a Goliath that's 75% cheaper to run and you can run Cunningham or the Dunkirks more easily in it, and the fact WG never mentioned this ship appearing anywhere. If you like Goliath and ever wondered "I'd really like a cheaper to run version I can run Cunningham on without retraining him from Daring or Thunderer" go for it.  Although if WG is serious about this ship, maybe they'll trade its portable drydock for better DPM or give it better armor at the cost of DPM, just to give it a different feel from Goliath.

Members
70 posts
244 battles

Hey comrade, you didn't like the restriction of 1 Goliath per team in Clan Battles?
Don't worry, you can just buy our brand new heavy cruiser Cyclops, there's no restriction applied to this one, enjoy!

Edited by FinalAP_Ride

[ROCIN]
Members
6 posts
34,866 battles

I can't believe that it would stay a clone.  Is it possible that they may convert it to AP only with better pin angles?  Also add long range torps as well including smoke???  There's a lot they could do here, if this is truly a ship in the making those add-ons would be interesting.

[DMGS]
Members
670 posts
9,490 battles
On 7/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, iRA6E said:

Looks like a coal, RB or steel ship to me?  I'd guess coal or RB.. but,  I suppose a dockyard ship might not be out of the question?  

I doubt it’ll be dockyard. We got confirmation that Marlborough and  Repulse will be offered together next so I doubt they’d offer yet another RN ship so soon after.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
3 hours ago, Fritz_59 said:

I can't believe that it would stay a clone.  Is it possible that they may convert it to AP only with better pin angles?  Also add long range torps as well including smoke??? 

Take all that, change the turrets to three quads and you have Gibraltar, coming soon.

[KWF]
Members
6,769 posts
7,727 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Take all that, change the turrets to three quads and you have Gibraltar, coming soon.

As an FYI, the original Cyclops page links now to Gibraltar.

[ARGSY]
Members
31,019 posts
29,201 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

As an FYI, the original Cyclops page links now to Gibraltar.

Well, isn't that interesting? :Smile_glasses:

• Boring 1