Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kellerlk4

Outa here !

28 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
905 battles

OK guys, it's been real and it's been fun but it's got to be no fun now. I'm constantly being hit and torpedoed by ships I can't see, can't out run and can't out gun . While the other team seems to work as a team the one I'm on it's every ship for itself.  I've tried to support other ships but nobody wants to work together. When we take a CAP it has to be defended but everybody just takes off. I know, I've tried to defend a couple by myself and I just get out numbered. 

Oh well. Change my diapers and give me a new bottle, I'll quit whining. It's just a game.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 4
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,963 posts
6,663 battles

We all have been there... watch a movie, read something... come back next session and apply what you have learnt today

• Cool 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,903 posts

The biggest thing I learned was from playing the test server in the tank game,
that was 95% Russians playing.
Russian culture is different than American culture. The way they think, is the reason
the game is written the way it is. Adapt to the Russian culture and the whole game
makes sense. Play the game as written, and it's a lot more engaging.

Another tip is to play a battle royal game.
(A real one, not the fake ones with teams.)
Once the co-dependency of teammates is removed, there is a lot less to think about.

• Cool 1

[AC1]
Members
246 posts
380 battles
49 minutes ago, z9_ said:

Russian culture is different than American culture. The way they think, is the reason
the game is written the way it is. Adapt to the Russian culture and the whole game

Once the co-dependency of teammates is removed, there is a lot less to think about.

If only we could remove the Russian element we might have a decent game.

• Cool 1

[-AFK-]
Members
1,357 posts
16,448 battles
1 hour ago, kellerlk4 said:

OK guys, it's been real and it's been fun but it's got to be no fun now. I'm constantly being hit and torpedoed by ships I can't see, can't out run and can't out gun . While the other team seems to work as a team the one I'm on it's every ship for itself.  I've tried to support other ships but nobody wants to work together. When we take a CAP it has to be defended but everybody just takes off. I know, I've tried to defend a couple by myself and I just get out numbered. 

Oh well. Change my diapers and give me a new bottle, I'll quit whining. It's just a game.

Sorry who are you?
I feel I needed to know you before you dropped in here to say good bye, 

• Meh 5

[PVE]
Members
11,152 posts
19,408 battles

Or

Edited by Sovereigndawg
  • Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,864 posts

So basically you got mobbed. Then eliminated.

If you play the game long enough you can already tell by your teammates actions or even inactions early on in the game where future success or failure is pending.

For example in beginning I go to cap a base and three Teammates with me at spawn turn towards a completely different base entirely. Or none at all. They cannot be bothered to provide even fire support while begging for intel data for something to shoot at. They can get their own spots. Humph.

That tells me that I will be facing the oncoming enemy from their side without help of any kind so I turn around and go away. Base is capped fairly soon after. Then your teammates apply salt to you saying you should have capped that while 6 enemies reds pour through to take another cap next over. What I do instead is just drive past them and they are in it soon enough.

Why play the game when you do not feel predatory and possessive of the objectives? The team that organizes and herds a base or three wins every time. Hardly worth the time going through the motions if your team wont fight back. Its not a game problem but a people problem.

As far as Russian culture I have lived through the Cold War vs the Soviet 30 minutes from nuclear vaporizing or other violent deaths for many years. You learn how to fight Russian in order to match them in battle if need be. In real life I have seen people facing crazy odds in games (Exercises, training etc0 come up with innovative off manual ways to over come the defeat which is most certain. In map games I have a certain way of fighting several units designed to break up oncoming elements before they reach the forward edge of battle area. Or I'll let them get into a small town before vaporizing the place with them in it with Fireblow doctrine in Corps or Div arty. By the time they clean up the mess and resume the assault they have a counter attack of armor on them. You can go down fighting or you can meekly kite and run away offering nothing.

Where I am at my age in life I am grateful none of that happened. There is still a possibility though. But Ive already had my life and it wont matter if I met my God a few years earlier than planned.

Sometimes I just continue on get sunk while trying to cap. It only takes a few moments and its over. Rest of team goes wth? Really? Red team gets the message loud and clear. Your team is not offering resistance. So why not go for two caps or all three. Then hunt you in your own back row.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Cool 2

[TCCN]
Members
117 posts
10,613 battles

You have 76 battles, you have not been playing long enough to understand all of the mechanics and basic strategies in the game. I also feel you shouldn't be buying and playing T8 premiums yet, I know you want to experience the more powerful ships but if you don't know how to play them you just die and contribute to your team losing. I would recommend you spend more time grinding ships at lower tiers to learn.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
891 posts
11,452 battles
10 hours ago, kellerlk4 said:

You are right.   World of Warships is just a game and due to it's requirements to succeed such as repeated and studied play, it's not a game for everyone.
Kind of like hockey would be for me in that I'd have to learn how to skate on ice and actually use something other than a wall or railing to learn how to stop.   Not my cup of tea and so I don't play it.

That being said, I'd suggest just playing in co-op mode where you still get to play ships and shoot other ships and are only matched by bots.   Now the bots do launch torpedoes you won't always see, but given enough play, you'll start to learn when they'll do it and can avoid them many times.  The bots do have an uncanny ability to hit you no matter how you maneuver so they aren't always pushovers.   But they are very beatable and would allow you to play aggressively while still punishing you for mistakes.   I suggest you give that a try.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
11 hours ago, z9_ said:

I think a lot of is that the Russians don't go in for much "hand-holding", and try to create more of a sandbox.

You want teamwork? Create it. You want to play "lone wolf"? You can do that too.

I kind of like it this way, with the players setting the meta, not the devs.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,979 posts
18,308 battles
14 hours ago, kellerlk4 said:

Hang in there you are just barley scratching the surface of this game. 

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
6,738 posts
20,178 battles

WOWS is NOT an easy game to master.  Going from T1 to T8 within the first 100 games is a recipe for disaster.  It's a akin to a pee wee football player jumping into a college (or even professional) level football game.  You are going to get crushed.  

This is not a measure on your capability as a player in general.  The greatest football player ever was once a pee wee player.  WOWS involves a lot of things going on. And there is a learning and growth phase.  Gotta learn the fundamentals at the low tiers before jumping into tiers where those fundamentals are expected to already be mastered.  Not to mention, you have even more fundamentals to learn as you move through the tiers.

If you want a game that requires the development of many skills and rewards you as you move through the learning curve, WOWS is one of those games.  If you want instant gratification at T8, it won't happen.  And, as you've discovered, it is basically misery.   

The nice thing about WOWS, is it's all up to you.  If you want to put in the time and effort to get there, and enjoy doing so...go for it.  If not...then there are many other games that can suit your fancy.  If it ain't fun, then find your fun.  It's supposed to be fun.  But not everyone will find it so.  Nothing wrong with that. 

• Cool 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles
16 hours ago, Lynx7386 said:

If only we could remove the Russian element we might have a decent game.

I am sure you are looking forward to Soviet CVs :Smile_trollface: Since you don't like Russian elements and CVs :Smile_teethhappy:

• Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
646 posts
12,345 battles
19 hours ago, z9_ said:

I would love to have your analysis of Russian culture so I can consider it if you would. Never been around the Russian players.

Edited by Drifter_X

[NEMO]
Members
902 posts
4,267 battles
20 hours ago, kellerlk4 said:

Sounds like coop, have you been torpedoed by a ship that sank already or an island yet?

• Funny 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,903 posts
10 hours ago, Drifter_X said:

I would love to have your analysis of Russian culture so I can consider it if you would. Never been around the Russian players.

The Russians paid the highest price in both world wars, by far.
They were brutalized.
As a result, they're upset about it. Understandable.
Americans will do whatever it takes to win.
Russians don't care about winning, they just want to annihilate everything.
Americans believe in tactics and planning.
Russians believe in ruthless aggression.
Both strategies have pros & cons.

The Russian troops were far more brutal than the American troops, and after
10 years they couldn't win in Afghanistan. For us to think that we could win
was poor planning, and why we're still there after 30 years.

That's the shortest answer I could come up with, but it should give you a picture
into their mindset.

That said, I had some Russian friends when I lived on the west coast,
and they're very good people. Don't mistake their culture as some sort of deficit.

• Boring 1

Members
16 posts
1,103 battles
22 hours ago, triley70 said:

You have 76 battles, you have not been playing long enough to understand all of the mechanics and basic strategies in the game. I also feel you shouldn't be buying and playing T8 premiums yet, I know you want to experience the more powerful ships but if you don't know how to play them you just die and contribute to your team losing. I would recommend you spend more time grinding ships at lower tiers to learn.

Thats the problem, in 76 games wargaming makes it so you can get tier10 in that time

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
905 battles
18 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Sounds like coop, have you been torpedoed by a ship that sank already or an island yet?

Yea, I've had that happen where it looked like the torpedoes came from an island because I was so close to the shore. I checked my medications just to be sure they weren't at fault.  

[NEMO]
Members
902 posts
4,267 battles
2 hours ago, kellerlk4 said:

Yea, I've had that happen where it looked like the torpedoes came from an island because I was so close to the shore. I checked my medications just to be sure they weren't at fault.  

I have had torpedoes come from an island when NO enemy ships were in the area, say the A,B,B battles, I go A, the entire team I'm on goes B and C, the Bots ALL go B and C and yet torpedoes come from where an island sits and hit me out of nowhere

I've had that happen twice, I sent wargaming a replay, and I will NOT post one on here so do'nt even ask

• Cool 1

[G-O-W]
Members
1,099 posts
3,207 battles
On 7/2/2021 at 6:53 AM, LastRemnant said:

I am sure you are looking forward to Soviet CVs :Smile_trollface: Since you don't like Russian elements and CVs :Smile_teethhappy:

The Soviets had CVs?

• Funny 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,864 posts
14 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

The Soviets had CVs?

Yes the Kiev Class. Essentially a Helicopter and Yak Carrying Missile Cruiser. It could play Carrier too.

The problem was in those days of the Cold War the F14 USN could cross a whole ocean and break sonic barrier going straight up. While the Yak is thirsty in a short time and maybe break the sound going straight down. Not much of a threat overall in those days.

They actually in Russia rebuilt one of that Class and sailed it past UK to the Med. It was a fiasco as the oil burning engines gave trouble going past the UK in the Channel being supported by a bunch of fuel and parts ships etc. The smoke alone revealed it from 50 miles.

However, the Naval Design Beareu in Russia did put on paper fairly recently a new class of super carrier equal almost in planes to our own current ones and in terms of weaponry more than able to take care of itself among other surprises. One example is the split hull below a sort of a A form. You can run very fast with it on small engines instead of having a massive nuclear crap that we stuffed into our own CV's Although stories of the CVN USS Enterprise throwing a rooster tail at what must be 60 mph towing skiers still make the rounds.

The age of the large supercarrier is pretty much finished. The four Fords that the USA is building are the last monsters of their type. What we will be building later in very large numbers is the smaller carriers that are more effective without such a disgusting amount of support and money.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Haha 1

[CLUMP]
Members
2,049 posts
2,424 battles
30 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

The Soviets had CVs?

This is wargaming comrade of course they do :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant

Sign in to follow this