You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gaelic_knight

combat missions

27 comments in this topic

[MR-1]
Members
2,063 posts
23,789 battles

DEAR WOW CAN YOU STOP ADDING MORE AND MORE COMBAT MISSIONS  AS IF WE HAVENT GOT ENOUGH GRINDING TO DO AS THERE :etc_swear: ANNOYING

shot-21.06.30_14.19.34-0282.jpg

• Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,964 posts
6,663 battles

yo, those are your "achievement" replacement signal containers... don't give them any more ideas on cutting down signals even more 

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,452 posts

Personally, I could use some more content to grind for.  I got nothin left right now.  Even did the grind on the test server for the community tokens and am just knocking out my dailies in an hour or two then wandering off for the day.

Looking forward to the upcoming dockyard grind.  In any case, I can't imagine players being upset because a game dev game them...to many things to do.  Just do the ones you want to do most.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,526 posts
12,868 battles

You don't have to grind anything if you don't want to . Just ignore let the grinders grind why take that away ?

• Cool 1

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
864 posts
6,495 battles

IMHO they  can add all the Combat Missions they want. I'll choose which ones I do, thanks.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,905 posts
3 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

yo, those are your "achievement" replacement signal containers.

I thought that's what those were.
Got a ton of them last patch. Didn't make any sense. 
As soon as one group finished, another group would be there.
Didn't seem to be in relationship to anything.
In this patch, I've gotten achievements in ranked, grand, & random.
No missions.

I would complain, but with these people you're just wasting your breath.

• Cool 1

[TRU]
Members
765 posts
23,536 battles
6 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

DEAR WOW CAN YOU STOP ADDING MORE AND MORE COMBAT MISSIONS  AS IF WE HAVENT GOT ENOUGH GRINDING TO DO AS THERE :etc_swear: ANNOYING

shot-21.06.30_14.19.34-0282.jpg

Just go for the ones you find interesting.  Ignore the rest and save your anger for something more worthwhile.   

#bringbackachievementrewards

[MR-1]
Members
2,063 posts
23,789 battles
2 hours ago, mpwardawg said:

Just go for the ones you find interesting.  Ignore the rest and save your anger for something more worthwhile.   

#bringbackachievementrewards

find me one thats interesting 

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,868 posts

I like the missions actually. Plenty of time to go through them.

If you did not have something to do or work towards then why play? So pile em on. We'll get what we can (Usually all of them) and let the rest go.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,069 posts
15,666 battles

Someone please explain to me how the mission(s) that the OP is complaining about is any why a grind? You earn XP (base required for the mission) from every game you play, making these missions one of the least grindy in the game. 

[WOLFG]
Members
1,176 posts
1 minute ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Someone please explain to me how the mission(s) that the OP is complaining about is any why a grind? You earn XP (base required for the mission) from every game you play, making these missions one of the least grindy in the game. 

Well they are a 'grind' when they replace something you used to get just for completing an achievement.  Now you have to play more to get half the rewards you used to get without playing.  Seems like a grind to me.  

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
16 hours ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

IMHO they  can add all the Combat Missions they want. I'll choose which ones I do, thanks.

I don't choose which ones I do.

I just play the game as I want, and let it choose which missions I do or do not complete.

The more the merrier, as more missions available means more I'll end up completing.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
31 minutes ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

Well they are a 'grind' when they replace something you used to get just for completing an achievement.  Now you have to play more to get half the rewards you used to get without playing.  Seems like a grind to me.  

I think that would depend on how often you got achievements.

It also depends on whether you were actively trying to get specific achievements, or just taking whatever you happened to get.

I know I'm certainly not good enough to farm specific achievements.

I think part of the reason I still enjoy this game, is that I play what and how I like, and largely refuse to let missions, rewards, etc. influence me in that regard.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
10 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

find me one thats interesting 

Then just ignore them, play the game, and collect whatever happens to come your way.

That screen you posted a pic of? I think the last time I saw that on my client was.....February maybe?

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
864 posts
6,495 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

I don't choose which ones I do.

I just play the game as I want, and let it choose which missions I do or do not complete.

The more the merrier, as more missions available means more I'll end up completing.

I get what you are saying but there are some missions that, for me, if I want to complete them then I have to do a bit of grinding.  Choosing to do so. Otherwise, I just play and if they get done, great. If not, so what.

• Meh 1

[MR-1]
Members
2,063 posts
23,789 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I think that would depend on how often you got achievements.

It also depends on whether you were actively trying to get specific achievements, or just taking whatever you happened to get.

I know I'm certainly not good enough to farm specific achievements.

I think part of the reason I still enjoy this game, is that I play what and how I like, and largely refuse to let missions, rewards, etc. influence me in that regard.

the screen i posted was a new screenshot and not an old one 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
1 minute ago, Gaelic_knight said:

the screen i posted was a new screenshot and not an old one 

I just meant the whole Missions screen in general. I haven't known what missions were ongoing, or what my progress was, for quite some time.

Edited by Skpstr

[MR-1]
Members
2,063 posts
23,789 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

Then just ignore them, play the game, and collect whatever happens to come your way.

That screen you posted a pic of? I think the last time I saw that on my client was.....February maybe?

really february  . funny as i posted a new screenshot  for this post . ive already done these frigging missions just wish they would go away once done and not reset all the time 

wish they would give us an OPT-OUT opption so they dont turn up just like the dockyards that get boring after 3wks 

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
6 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

really february  . funny as i posted a new screenshot  for this post . ive already done these frigging missions just wish they would go away once done and not reset all the time 

wish they would give us an OPT-OUT opption so they dont turn up just like the dockyards that get boring after 3wks 

So forget the missions tab exists, and just play the game as if there are no missions.

Why would you want to opt-out of free stuff, that you don't have to do anything to get other than the normal gameplay you'd be doing anyway?

EDIT: why on earth would anybody downvote that? Apparently I've raised unanswerable questions lol.

In that case, I actively oppose WG not adding more missions.

Please WG, give us more missions I can complete without having to pay attention to them, and get more free stuff.....

Edited by Skpstr
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
8,964 posts
6,663 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

EDIT: why on earth would anybody downvote that? Apparently I've raised unanswerable questions lol.

I ceased wondering about why people downvote after witnessing posts sharing codes for free stuff get multiple downvotes... like why?? if those gets downvoted anything else is liable to be downvoted.

Also consider you might have a fan :Smile_trollface: ... some guys downvote your post because it is you, I'm fairly confident they don't even read the post.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,265 posts
12,507 battles
14 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

10 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

So forget the missions tab exists, and just play the game as if there are no missions.

Why would you want to opt-out of free stuff, that you don't have to do anything to get other than the normal gameplay you'd be doing anyway?

I wish they would allow an opt out for the combat missions.   Sometimes there are enough I want to hide ones I don't care about so I can keep track of the ones I do want to do.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I wish they would allow an opt out for the combat missions.   Sometimes there are enough I want to hide ones I don't care about so I can keep track of the ones I do want to do.

GAHHHHHH! Not you too!!!

Edited by Skpstr

[WOLFG]
Members
13,265 posts
12,507 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

GAHHHHHH! Not you too!!!

Listen.  I'm not doing grand battles.  When we get the 4th missions tomorrow (much like  the Canada day missions last weekend),  I don't want to keep tripping over grand battle missions.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Listen.  I'm not doing grand battles.  When we get the 4th missions tomorrow (much like  the Canada day missions last weekend),  I don't want to keep tripping over grand battle missions.

There's Grand Battle, July 4th, and Canada Day missions? Whaddaya know, learned something new today lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[BTLST]
Members
304 posts
6,980 battles
21 hours ago, z9_ said:

I thought that's what those were.
Got a ton of them last patch. Didn't make any sense. 
As soon as one group finished, another group would be there.
Didn't seem to be in relationship to anything.

There are two mission chains that appear every Wednesday. IIRC at the beginning of each new patch there's at least one more mission chain that drops.