Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
XVirtusX

How to play Riga?

12 comments in this topic

[FFG31]
Members
80 posts
4,517 battles

I'm having a hard time with Riga. Poor games, even in wins, I think I never scored first with it. Can't pen anything with AP, relying on HE for damage. Is it what it is? A HE spammer?

This thing has atrocious maneuverability equivalent to a dreadnought. I thought I could bow tank like Petro but this seems wrong, it eat pens everywhere and you can get devstrike'd easily when broadside.

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,911 posts

I had the same problem.
I think it was Flamu that put out a video showing how he played the ship
always going in reverse. That made it better for me, but didn't solve the problem.
In the end I just had to suffer through it.

Petro was even stranger.
Running in co-op, on the test server I get 150-200k damage every battle.
On the live server I get 50k damage every battle.
Tested multiple times. Always the same. I don't get it. The bots don't seem any different.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,516 battles

Its a tanky AP spammer...but you have to pray for matches that aren't long range passive snipe fests...If you can push up on caps with an island on your side and bully it can shine...but that's not common enough...kind of like the same reason its hard to have great success with GK and Kremlin in this meta...such a boom or bust ship that relies on broadsiding fools and pushing...

Edited by Almedius

[TXC]
Beta Testers
99 posts
11,793 battles

hey,, on the other side of the same note.....  how is the chappy and its line best played?   island hiding? open water like french cruisers?    ive been trying open water..  but i get penned no matter how much i angle...  ty in advance for any advice..

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,516 battles
25 minutes ago, Fool_of_a_Took said:

hey,, on the other side of the same note.....  how is the chappy and its line best played?   island hiding? open water like french cruisers?    ive been trying open water..  but i get penned no matter how much i angle...  ty in advance for any advice..

Open water arsonist with potential damage rather than actually taking damage(rudder or speed juking)...play paranoid and at range..

[TXC]
Beta Testers
99 posts
11,793 battles
1 minute ago, Almedius said:

Open water arsonist with potential damage rather than actually taking damage(rudder or speed juking)...play paranoid and at range..

thank you very much,, thats what i been doing.. just gotta get my degrasse aura back in me i guess..  heheheeh    love that ship with all my heart

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,516 battles
5 minutes ago, Fool_of_a_Took said:

thank you very much,, thats what i been doing.. just gotta get my degrasse aura back in me i guess..  heheheeh    love that ship with all my heart

The whole line is a brutal mix of squishy + BB levels of agility(at least they are fast)...Obviously you want to shoot as much as possible with those glorious guns, but knowing when NOT to shoot is pretty crucial...Fortunately the Nevsky is far more durable and influential...It is so worth the grind...

• Cool 1

[CDOH]
Members
959 posts
8,620 battles

Play Riga in Ranked.  Less CVs. Game is more aggressive which plays to the Riga's strengths.  Flank to get to broasides and unleash AP Volleys. 

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
1,651 posts
16,893 battles
2 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Play Riga in Ranked.  Less CVs. Game is more aggressive which plays to the Riga's strengths.  Flank to get to broasides and unleash AP Volleys. 

Excellent advice. I wish I had T9 ranked to get mine through to the Pedro the Bad Man. I'm a sub par player, so no advice, except to say I have Riga, DM, Moskva, and Pedro, all FTP.

I kited mostly with Riga. I had 50% thrust accel upgrade so I could slow down and speed up during kiting. Not really fun, but I was headed to Predo, so stupid stuff did happen.

Edited by Ericson38

[TXC]
Beta Testers
99 posts
11,793 battles
23 hours ago, Almedius said:

The whole line is a brutal mix of squishy + BB levels of agility(at least they are fast)...Obviously you want to shoot as much as possible with those glorious guns, but knowing when NOT to shoot is pretty crucial...Fortunately the Nevsky is far more durable and influential...It is so worth the grind...

thank you very much.!

[CHASE]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
1,113 posts
10,641 battles
On 6/30/2021 at 4:19 PM, z9_ said:

I had the same problem.
I think it was Flamu that put out a video showing how he played the ship
always going in reverse. That made it better for me, but didn't solve the problem.
In the end I just had to suffer through it.

Petro was even stranger.
Running in co-op, on the test server I get 150-200k damage every battle.
On the live server I get 50k damage every battle.
Tested multiple times. Always the same. I don't get it. The bots don't seem any different.

Human players are vastly different from bots, your co-op experience does not translate in PVP very well

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[OIL-1]
[OIL-1]
Members
1,911 posts
12 hours ago, iChase said:

Human players are vastly different from bots, your co-op experience does not translate in PVP very well

I should have been clearer.
I leveled the Riga in pvp.
I've only played Petro in co-op.

Sign in to follow this