You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anonymous50

Would you not spend to support LWM & Chobi over the Yukon situation?

Would you take a Mouse & Chobi Support pledge to not spend on WoW?  

164 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. ​ Would You take a Pledge to not spend on Wow until LWM & Chobi are satisfied with WOW's response to the Yukon situation?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/04/2021 at 10:10 PM

72 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts

As the title says

Not saying people should - just wondering the depth of how people feel about this.   Responses are anonymous for a reason

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts

And before it gets asked

This is a question about responses to a situation,  and how people respond more then a question specifically dealing with that situation. 

This to me, the question of what does it take to stop spending is  a separate topic from the Yukon situation thread.

Lots of people talk about how WoW decisions make them choose to not spend money on this game.

So, here's a chance to say yes or no  (anonymously) based on a relatively well known situation

Edited by Anonymous50

[SYN]
Members
9,064 posts
16,637 battles

I've not spent a penny since February 2019 and so far it's had no effect on WG's trajectory whatsoever.

Good luck with that.

• Cool 6

[WOLFC]
Members
2,597 posts
Just now, mofton said:

I've not spent a penny since February 2019 and so far it's had no effect on WG's trajectory whatsoever.

Good luck with that.

Again, I'm not one way or another on this.

Just wondering about what it takes to make such decisions (might start a poll next week about when people decided to stop spending)

[VIGIL]
Members
387 posts

I don't know.  Organized boycotts are usually pretty anemic in their muscle; however, the bad press / community damage usually ends up being quite a bit more potent a weapon IMO.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,979 posts
18,308 battles

No. 

I Love Mouse she is a treasure as is Chobitsu. Having said that I do not believe there was any malice on WG's part in the current issue with the development of Yukon. 

I will spend or not spend based on the level of fun I extract from WG.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,788 posts
31,061 battles

I didn't get her because she is not worth getting.  The treatment of LWM, and Chobi just makes it even more unlikely if they drop the price.  

A couple of problems:

• This ship will probably end up in a Christmas box, so a lot of people will acquire them.
  • The overwhelming majority of players don't visit the forums and have no idea about how LWM and Chobi were completely disrespected.
  • Cool 4

[KWF]
Members
6,560 posts
7,170 battles

It's not as if I spent anything after the santa crate drama anyway.

The players following LWM's content are sadly too little a percentage compared to the general population that even a boycott wouldn't work. Even "organized" ones like the one done for CB crumbled within the first week or so.

[CLUMP]
Members
397 posts

While it is fun to see these surveys, they mean nothing. Dozens of surveys have shown CVs are not well balanced and people would prefer they be removed and balanced before returning to game. What does wargaming do? They add Hybrids, and even more CVs. You can bet no one from the developer will read this survey or take it seriously in any way. 

• Cool 1

[_TEA_]
Members
34 posts
228 battles

I voted 'no' as it's the closest answer to an accurate one:

• I absolutely will not buy Yukon until LWM/Chobi are satisfied.
  • I'm less likely to spend on other stuff until they're satisfactorily squared away, but it's not a 'hard' no.

(I'm mainly talking about my EU account though, as my NA one is very much my secondary.)

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
26,062 posts
22,263 battles
34 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

(anonymously)

To you. To me. Not to anyone with moderator authority on this forum, or higher up than that.

• Boring 1

[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts

WG continues to screw over the playerbase and it's CC's. 

LWM and Chobi spent so much time on this ship only for their work to be completely discarded in favor of a mediocre ship... I cannot support that.

It really just makes me sad to see the path this game is heading and I know all WG really cares about are profits... 

• Thanks 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts

@Anonymous50 If I want to spend I will - but I hardly spend at all anyway so the question doesn't really link in with me showing support.

I think for me it is more the fact that if the ship became what LWM and Chobittsu meant it to be - then I would be more likely to buy it in support!

(Although that would depend on WG not making yet another mistake by asking a stupid price in the hopes of a cash grab).  

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
375 posts
5,465 battles

I'd like to say I won't...but I've already decided to stop spending any $ on this game that's going downhill fast anyway...I still get some fun out of it...but I play far less for a lot of the obvious reasons...The Devs have really lost their way...This fiasco is just another addition to the big pile of crap they are shoveling...I think the only solution for this topic is for WG to build their ship...maybe stick their avatars on the ship / camo...

Edited by Almedius

[WPORT]
Members
10,934 posts
15,412 battles

I voted in the poll.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,903 posts

Ahh, so the whole thing was a money grab. A play on sympathy. Now it all makes sense. Good job WeeGee!

• Boring 1

Members
103 posts
1,170 battles
1 hour ago, Anonymous50 said:

So, here's a chance to say yes or no  (anonymously) based on a relatively well known situation

I haven't heard. What is the situation? Is the ship OP? It seems to be so to me, but I have been told it is fine.

[TWFT]
Members
1,585 posts
41,926 battles

I used to spend a crap load on this game to the tune of $25 to $200 every other week.  Now I just keep my premium time up and have fun with what I have.  WG dose not deserve any more of my "fun" money.

[USCC]
Members
3,501 posts
16,147 battles

The forum represents exactly how many of the NA player base?.. If I remember correctly, WG said something to the tune of less than 2%.
Not seeing any of the wrongs being righted, WG won't feel a thing if a handful of people stop spending, the vast majority have no idea about the company this beautiful game is owned by. :Smile_sad:

Retired WoWS Community Contributors
12,907 posts
11,042 battles

I appreciate the offers of solidarity but this kinda goes against my ask for no drama or sensationalism.  The Yukon review thread is already sufficient for communicating people's reactions.  At least, that's how I feel.  In the end, I can't stop anyone.

• Cool 9
  • Thanks 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,281 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

No. 

I Love Mouse she is a treasure as is Chobitsu. Having said that I do not believe there was any malice on WG's part in the current issue with the development of Yukon. 

I will spend or not spend based on the level of fun I extract from WG.

I agree, but ignorance and obliviousness isn't a great excuse for WG either. 

• Cool 1