You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burakkuauto

Would you rather have the Original or the Rework gameplay of the Aircraft Carriers?

Would you rather have the Original or the Rework gameplay of the Aircraft Carriers?   

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the Original or the Rework gameplay of the Aircraft Carriers?

• Original
    • Rework

23 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
151 battles

Edited by Burakkuauto

[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers
201 posts
10,415 battles

And I mean the ORIGINAL with fixed number of planes & AAA that actually worked.

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[-VT-]
Members
868 posts
37,977 battles

Original?   What do you mean “original”?

v1 - pretty bland stuff, actually.  Ships at every tier.

v2 - strafing!  The high twitch CV drivers just dominated.  Dominated games overall and dominated 90% of the folks who tried to play CV.

v3 - Strafing gone.  Fighters largely a joke.  But CV play balanced enough that CVs don’t dominate a match and the casual CV player can actually contribute.

v4 - skill rework.  Fighters better but still static threats at best.  Skip bombers introduced - yeah right, those happened.

Yes, I would like the “original”.  V1.0.  Ships at every tier.  Fairly bland plane dynamics.  Casual CV drivers can contribute and not get roasted.

• Cool 1

[SALV0]
Members
334 posts
1,361 battles

But but what about the potato CV players!?!

They cant even deal with rocket change, let alone RTS....

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
4 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

Maybe a tad harsh, but accurate.  RTS had a number of skill stops (strafe, multitasking, etc.) that stopped a lot of people from going all the way up the line.

And if the base doesn't get in to tier 8 premium range, WG isn't interested.

[SR-_-]
Members
4,942 posts
46,451 battles
1 minute ago, AldoRey50 said:

You do realize that according to Reddit back then, a ginormous percentage of players couldn't dodge RTS drops.

And yet rework also has this problem of players unable to dodge. 

Slow down, full reverse, hard to port, hard to starboard, full ahead, wiggle, etc.

AKA WASD. But back then, few players could do that. And most were arrogantly sailing alone with that great AA back then only to get sunk anyway.

Old or new. Players cried about the old when all they should have done was dodge and sail together with that epic AA. But after the crying, the new was even worse. AA was taken out back and beat to death. AA range was snipped like a trip to the veterinarian.

The new did curtail CVs, and yet not so much dodging. Some still sail alone. Some even park behind islands and become easy target.

It's not about what was better. The real burning question is why are any of these players not sailing together or not dodging?

The recent rocket nerf won't last. Because it will make DDs get lazy and lose their dodging skills.

Complacency breeds ignorance.

Just because something got reworked, it doesn't mean you can sail in a straight line or alone.

But I was there back then and all I saw was a lot of foolish decisions by players and they got deleted in just 2 minutes.

Now, it's taking longer, but it is just trading one torture for another.

I am starting to think players want to get bombed and sunk. Maybe we have an overabundance of "Hard M's". (Look up that slang term, you will laugh 😂)

So, if you see your favorite player.. ahem, get Finnished by a CV, then maybe it is a lot to do because they actually like getting hit by bombers and are not really trying to dodge. Because it is an Abby Normal behavior.😏🤣

I am not judging such behavior, but it is entertainment for some, Right?

🤣😂

I do miss RTS.....🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

But we have as much a chance of getting it back as winning the lottery.

So long as Reddit exists, there will always be a place to cry 😭. Because constructive feedback on forums seems to not be effective.  Hmmm.🤔

Back then and now, so many players used Reddit, that tabloid rag, propaganda media with raging tourettes. We are lucky that some of the more insane ideas there,  never made it in game.🤔😏

I wonder how we ever made it this far with that crappy social media influencing this game?

It has done more harm than good in my opinion.🤔😏

I applaud your initiative OP. But this issue has been hotly debated and you have yet to go into the EU forums where the vitriol is caustic. 

I hope your survey gives you the answers you seek. But I fear that little progress will come from it.

But keep trying. Fresh ideas always helps. 😎👍

[SALV0]
Members
334 posts
1,361 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Maybe a tad harsh, but accurate.  RTS had a number of skill stops (strafe, multitasking, etc.) that stopped a lot of people from going all the way up the line.

And if the base doesn't get in to tier 8 premium range, WG isn't interested.

With being the number one priority of WG being popularity, your right.

I'm expecting another rework soon.  With popularity declining below RTS levels. 

[SR-_-]
Members
4,942 posts
46,451 battles
20 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Original, with the Original AA that actually functioned right.

I do miss wooster's death blossom AA. 🤣

But I hated attacking it too in my CV. 😏

And Texas had beast mode AA at tier 5. No fly zone. All your pilots die screaming 😱. Planes came down on fire 🔥.

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
Just now, goldenpollywog said:

With being the number one priority of WG being popularity, your right.

I'm expecting another rework soon.  With popularity declining below RTS levels. 

Part of me wonders what is taking them so long.

(Maybe Russian CVs  are the rework).

[SALV0]
Members
334 posts
1,361 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Part of me wonders what is taking them so long.

(Maybe Russian CVs  are the rework).

Lol Gawd I hope not. But they do have the label of launching things Op to grab sales then nerfing them....so maybe 

From what I've seen though they don't look any more engaging than what we have now so does that draw more?

Edited by goldenpollywog

[SR-_-]
Members
4,942 posts
46,451 battles
12 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

It was just the final nerf and nail in that coffin. CVs were nerfed just after 0.8.0 to present day. Just check every devblog from that timeframe. It is all there. 

CV players started strong in adapting, but other ship types didn't adapt well.

As a result, I am seeing fewer CV players play CVs.

It is not about potatoes. It is about nerfs.

The CVs are trending down now. Since WG went through development hell to this point, let's see what they do when Russian CVs goose egg on release.

Because most players want CVs dead anyway. Nobody wants to see an Enterprise or a Kaga according to Reddit.

So WG satisfied Reddit with rework back then. Is WG going to kiss the Reddit Ring 💍 yet again and rid this game of CVs?

I wonder about that. 🤔

A lot of hypocrisy in the development. Because it never fully addressed the real problem.

So keep rework or roll it back?

We will know soon TM.

🤣

[FOXY]
Members
2,565 posts
7,729 battles
14 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I do miss wooster's death blossom AA. 🤣

But I hated attacking it too in my CV. 😏

And Texas had beast mode AA at tier 5. No fly zone. All your pilots die screaming 😱. Planes came down on fire 🔥.

Atlanta for me. Honestly was the reason i got her after the game went live.

And she was the first premium i bought when i was forced to make a new account ^^

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
13 minutes ago, goldenpollywog said:

Lol Gawd I hope not. But they do have the label of launching things Op to grab sales then nerfing them....so maybe 

From what I've seen though they don't look any more engaging than what we have now so does that draw more?

Maybe they think the single pass will give them a better way to work out AA/plane interaction.

But the drop outside of AA range isn't going to make anyone happy (Many CVs will miss with their shots, AA still won't work).

[SR-_-]
Members
4,942 posts
46,451 battles
2 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Atlanta for me. Honestly was the reason i got her after the game went live.

And she was the first premium i bought when i was forced to make a new account ^^

Yeah, I got the ATL too. She was fun back in the day.

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,074 posts
27,844 battles

The old RTS felt more like operating a carrier in a battle. The concept fit the game slightly better I believe. However, the execution was flawed.

The new system provides a change of pace and a faster, more interactive type of game play. While it doesnt turn the game in WoWP like people say, it does make it feel a little more like planes in a ship game that dont quite belong.

The RTS version could have been reworked with some of the new CV features to work better, like plane regeneration and a different way to use fighters. AA could have used a slight change to not create force fields around strong AA ships and the overall RTS controls could have been less janky. 

I appreciate both versions but I wouldnt mind a return to RTS with some changes. Let hybrids fly planes directly but allow carriers their RTS game play.

Edited by Skuggsja

[WAMMY]
Members
2,635 posts
14,748 battles

Hey

It will never happen; Wargaming has too much money and time spent on this rework to go back to the original; not to mention all of the other changes to surface ships, like concealment, AA guns upgrade, DFAA, captains skills concerning AA, all things that changed directly due to the CV update.  The whole CV Rework is done, like it or not.  One could also argue that the game itself is in the end of its life cycle now that CC's can longer make video's drumming up hype before a ship is released and all we see are meh, some rather uninteresting premiums these days, Zero new scenarios are being created and even events like Halloween are uninspired anyone.  Then there is the blending of once special features of certain nations, like:  Deep water torps, speed boost, reload boost, others that are no longer specific features of certain nations.  The ever constant balancing which seems to only make the game unbalanced is getting worse.  I don't think they leaders of the game really know what to do with it anymore, what direction to take it, and how to take feedback from players and CC's, just my 2 cents.

Pete

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,113 posts
13,531 battles

The original CVs were even more unstoppable at a high enough skill level.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
6,700 posts
6,726 battles

What anti-CV people liked about the RTS CVs was not playing against them, that was clearly worse.  What they liked is that they only had to play against them every 10th or 20th game.  When you see people asking for the RTS CVs back that is why they are asking for them back.  Or they are former RTS CV unicums who want to utterly dominate and annihilate other players with unfettered ease.

14 hours ago, AldoRey50 said:

That was never a thing.  Sorry.  CV wanted you dead, you died.

[WPORT]
Members
10,985 posts
15,481 battles

:cap_popcorn:

Beta Testers
668 posts
8,381 battles

I prefer RTS before strafe was put into the game.

It needed a bit of tweaking but I hate the new version.

[CYN1C]
[CYN1C]
Members
346 posts
6,373 battles

The biggest reason I dislike the rework it's because it gave WG an excuse to kill Scenarios. I only got to play Cherry Blossom once because right when I got my first Allied tier 8 Cruiser, Cherry Blossom moved out of rotation, and the rework hit before it came back around. Frontier was my favorite, followed by Dynamo and Hermes. None of those have made out back in in the years since the rework, and as far as I know, they aren't coming back, which is a crying shame. 

But in defense of the rework, remember the days of the undodgable cross drops, where you'd drop 2 squadrons worth of torpedoes at 10 & 2 in front of a ship, any ship, and screw them over? I do. I do and I don't want to go through that again. 

[SIM]
Members
1,714 posts

Original CV was so much better and planes could do what they were meant to do. Fighters now SUCK and are useless deck decor.