Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Oveur

[0.10.9.X] Permanent Karmaflage

6 comments in this topic

[CANUK]
Modder
208 posts

Permanent Karmaflage  mod by Capt_Oveur

Instead of its actual value, the mod displays 999 as your karma.

The mod also suppresses the 'You were complimented' and 'You were reported' messages.

If you want to display another number as your karma, add <permaKarma> number </permaKarma> to your preferences.xml file under the <IMPositionX> tag. You can enter any integer from 0 to 999999. If you don't want any value displayed, enter -1.

The only way to increase your ranking is to play the battle type 'Snakes & Ladders', hopefully climbing the ladders and avoiding the snakes (or chutes, or turtles). However, instead of your actual rank, the mod can also display a Rank (1 - 10) and a League (1 - Gold; 2 - Silver; 3 - Bronze) of your choosing, if you also add <permaLeague> number </permaLeague> and <permaRank> number </permaRank> at the same spot. If you enter out-of-range numbers, then the actual values will be displayed.

<preferences.xml>
	<scriptsPreferences>
		<ui>
			<IMPositionX>
				<permaKarma>	888	</permaKarma>
				<permaLeague>	1	</permaLeague>
				<permaRank>	1	</permaRank>

Click here to download the mod

I recommend you use Aslain's modpack to install the mod.

Many thanks to @Smeggo for maintaining the mod while I was away.

Edited by Capt_Oveur
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CANUK]
Modder
208 posts

They had to be rebuilt with the new 0.10.7 utility I did not know about. It's done, the working version is 0.10.7.Xv2

Edited by Capt_Oveur
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,819 posts
38,562 battles

Can you explain why the need for this mod? I like to show my current karma in port. Why would I like to replace with a fixed number?

Not criticizing, just trying to understand the purpose and thinking behind it.

[CANUK]
Modder
208 posts
On 8/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, alexf24 said:

Can you explain why the need for this mod? I like to show my current karma in port. Why would I like to replace with a fixed number?

Not criticizing, just trying to understand the purpose and thinking behind it.

It was actually requested by players.

Let's suppose you do not want to take any guitar lessons. Do you barge into every music school in town demanding that they do not offer any freakin guitar lessons just because you do not want one? Or explain why the need for guitar lessons?

Not criticizing, just trying to understand the purpose and thinking behind your post.

If you do just a cursory search for karma on the forum you will find it's a beloved, consequential and meaningful way of providing your fellow players with well earned praise or gentle scolding. Still, some players could not care less about it. Who would've thought?

Edited by Capt_Oveur
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this