Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WaifuMateriaI

[Poll] So, who wants the achievement rework reverted?

[Poll] Pick all that apply to you  

140 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want the achievement rework reverted?

    • Yes
      110
    • No
      19
    • Bacon
      11
  2. 3. How much signals have you made as a result of this change? (From the combat missions.)

    • A Lot More
      10
    • More
      11
    • The Same
      15
    • Less
      39
    • A Lot Less
      65
  3. 4. Has this rework made achievements less meaningful to you as a result of this rework?

    • Yes
      110
    • No
      17
    • Bacon
      13

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

235
[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts

The achievement rework is a change which I believe has effected the entire player base. Whether you're a average player, a competitive player, or a co-op player this rework has undoubtedly effected your signal earnings. This change has benefitted those who primarily play co-op while screwing over average, and competitive players. I'm not against co-op players having a way to gain signals for free, however, this should not mean that those who primarily play randoms/ranked/CB's earn a significantly reduced amount of signals. Of course that is just my opinion but the point of this poll is to gather the opinions of the forum community.

For me this change has meant that I'd have to be extra stingy with my use of signals as I've earned, and it has also completely removed the fun/excitement I got when I obtained an achievement as they no longer have any actual rewards associated with them. As Dr_Venture has pointed out achievements have become like a "gold star" with no actual value.

Ultimately, I hope this change is reversed as I believe it would be for the benefit of the community overall, and it seemed to me the previous system was fine.

 

Edited by Arctic_Chann
  • Cool 8
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,408
[OIL-1]
Members
1,903 posts

I want the 4-Goal Haul to come back. Whaddaya think my chances are?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,860
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,158 posts
20,036 battles

I am in the camp of reverting. That’s happy thoughts though, it’s not going back.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,129
[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

If it means removing the combat missions: absolutely not. They are the only way i get signals.

If we can have both: yes change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,377
[GWG]
Members
7,729 posts
14,741 battles

REVERT --- You realize you could only earn those signals ONCE per day in the old system ????
Doesn't matter how many Krakens you earn in a day.. only one set of signals.

And now you can buy signals with Coal.  You get coal from the daily missions and drops.  You also get random signal from the drops too.

We also got signals changing from various 'levels' when opening a new account.  And we get them from Campaigns.

.....

It's too bad we can't go back to earlier versions of WOWS in a training room, or maybe special setups with the PTS server.
Maybe take us back to 2015 whenever they aren't using the PTS server for a couple weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,377
[GWG]
Members
7,729 posts
14,741 battles

I guess only 'SPECIAL' people get to answer Question #2.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
148
[PHD]
Members
303 posts
12,649 battles

I would be happy of having an equal chance for each flag to drop in a container, as I posted a day or so ago, sick of getting the same 3 or 4 flags 90% of the time. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,430
[SR-_-]
Members
4,904 posts
46,416 battles
3 hours ago, z9_ said:

I want the 4-Goal Haul to come back. Whaddaya think my chances are?

That would be great. Just the achievement badge is enough.

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,430
[SR-_-]
Members
4,904 posts
46,416 battles

I believe the sole reason WG did this was because players outside of co-op were sitting on a pile of credits and XP.

If you are a particularly devious accountant, you can see the Dark Arts at work here.

If a player wants them signals bad enough, then they have to spend on resources or credits to get them. Even special tokens and RB points are used for some.

XP can be farmed by WG in one particular way. Line resets.

This in most cases, by maybe the end of this year will attrition players to actually spend money.

Only co-op mains will not be affected because they seldom put them on unless an event would enhance their winnings. Otherwise, they squirrel them away.

It would seem the damage farmers ironically are getting farmed. 😂

Because most of those usually farm some achievements for signals, but seldom the more important ones. And credits pay out too well in competitive.

Co-op economy has remained fairly static. If you know what you are doing, you won't be hungry.

Then there is operations. But that is fairly meh right now.

I would like to think of this change as a broad market adjustment.

Because in competitive, you don't have to win to get signals or credits. That is well known.

Now WG is just removing that incentive to some extent it seems.

Reasons? It could be the Meta. Player behavior about farming is probably repulsive to the Devs. WG wants your credits, so this is an obvious tax.

And you guy's accuse a certain ship type of being the fun police?

Yet, FYI, a CV main won't even get hurt by this change because they make plenty with spotting alone to break even. Actually hitting a ship is gravy.

Maybe players by the end of the year are going to swallow their pride and play CVs.

Oddly, that is probably timed perfectly for Russian CVs.

Coincidence? WG wouldn't set you guys up like that right? Because that is Russian Chess in a nutshell. Always 4-8 moves ahead of you guys.

That couldn't be it right? 🤣😏

Well played WG, well played.

I hear tinfoil is being sold at auction. 🤣

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,007
[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles

1.  Yes.

2.  No.

3.  More (I play coop so.........)

4.  Bacon (See 3).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,368
[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,658 posts
24,590 battles

Achievements should be recognized with more than a badge. I always thought the reward was too weak for the Heroic achievements - especially when the special signals came out. Bring back rewards but with changes. Give Special Signals to the Heroic achievements to make them more rewarding.

  • Solo Warrior = 5 Leviathan
  • Kraken = 3 Hydra
  • Confederate = 2 Red Dragon
  • High Caliber = 2 Dragon
  • Witherer = 2 Basilisk
  • Dreadnought = 1 Wyvern

Continue with the previous signals for the Honorary achievements.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts
5 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

 

And now you can buy signals with Coal.  You get coal from the daily missions and drops.  You also get random signal from the drops too.

 

You could always buy signals with coal... this is not a new thing. It's still as overpriced as ever.

Yes you can get coal from the drops, but for a newer player like myself there is so many options to spend coal on from premium ships to coal upgrades to unique commanders. It really makes it hard for a newer player to start and "catch up" to the stockpiles that older players have.

Yes you do get random signals from the drops and that is exactly the problem. Since I get random signals I can no longer target a specific achievement to restock on signals I'm running low on and I now have to rely on an RNG crate to give me these signals. 

For example: I'm running low on fireproof signals, however, I am no longer able to obtain them by surviving through waves of fire damage as I now have to use the credits/coal that I'm already running low on...image.png.d388a2134705e996f0453839a60c7484.pngimage.png.df0a4902e4d29b0c3040c91fac7ef23c.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,009
[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
10 hours ago, Arctic_Chann said:

The achievement rework is a change which I believe has effected the entire player base. Whether you're a average player, a competitive player, or a co-op player this rework has undoubtedly effected your signal earnings. This change has benefitted those who primarily play co-op while screwing over average, and competitive players.

First, I'm almost entirely a PvE player, so I benefit from the new system.  With that out of the way, I'd like to comment on the average player part of your post.  When I was a PvP player I didn't get many achievements, and I was a 50% WR player.  To be fair, I mostly played mid tiers, T7-8.  When you get to T9 and T10 the ships are certainly more powerful and it gets easier to earn achievements.  My point, the average player most likely benefits much more from the new system.  So you're fighting on 3 fronts.  You're fighting against the interests of the average PvP player, then against PvE players, and worse yet, against WG.  If you want a change you probably need to work on your approach.  Find an angle that doesn't go against so many other people.

Also, don't let the feedback on the forum fool you.  The people here are mostly long time veterans, many able to farm signals from achievements.  The feedback here is heavily biased.  I'd guess the overall feeling on this is seen as an improvement over the old system.  That said, I do think some sort of award should be given out for achievements, signals or whatever.  Just leave the new missions in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57
[BIG_E]
Members
210 posts
3,416 battles
6 hours ago, AVR_Project said:

REVERT --- You realize you could only earn those signals ONCE per day in the old system ????
Doesn't matter how many Krakens you earn in a day.. only one set of signals.

And now you can buy signals with Coal.  You get coal from the daily missions and drops.  You also get random signal from the drops too.

sure, you'll get the signals once everyday from achievements but the number of them counts since you'll earn 10 from each achievement. meaning if you're pretty good, you'll earn nearly 50 per day.  the crates can net you an average of 4 to 12 signals per crate. meaning if you'll likely get 12 to 48 if you choose signal crates. for buying signals from the armory, 20 signals for almost 6,200 coal is a rip off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35
[UNCLN]
Members
141 posts
10,331 battles

In a perfect world, I would like to keep both system running parallel. When I don't grind ranked, I seldom receive achievement if I grind random as the majority of my game are in PvE side. So I benefits from the new system to get some signal crates and some premium signals from gift container, also some oil for the clan as well. During ranked season, I get more achievement for doing ranked, not sure the actual amount I can get from them but I think each sprint I roughly receives similar amount as what a week's signal grind gives except for those premium ones  .

I never farm signals from achievements and I don't have the proper equipment for it. So I guess I am over for the present side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[NOCAP]
Members
2,451 posts
20,490 battles

Fyi everyone. Playing late at night in a t1 random game the entire game would be filled with bots making kraken, confed, high cal, solo warrior and all those very easy to get. Which would get you the flags for those once per day.

Then play mikasa at t2 also late at night when its pretty much all bots and you can get easy 5-7 close quarters kills with the right build. This is important because there was an exploit. You could do it so when you got the achivement during that game you cant get it during another game till the next day. Why is this important? Because the rewards would stack in every game. Day you got 12x secondary kills, you just got 12 CQE rewards lol

 

This means coop mains and also lower 50%ers are able to grind signals like crazy if they are willing to put in 2 low tier games a day

Edited by NOCAP_Kill_All

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

First, I'm almost entirely a PvE player, so I benefit from the new system.  With that out of the way, I'd like to comment on the average player part of your post.  When I was a PvP player I didn't get many achievements, and I was a 50% WR player.  To be fair, I mostly played mid tiers, T7-8.  When you get to T9 and T10 the ships are certainly more powerful and it gets easier to earn achievements.  My point, the average player most likely benefits much more from the new system.  So you're fighting on 3 fronts.  You're fighting against the interests of the average PvP player, then against PvE players, and worse yet, against WG.  If you want a change you probably need to work on your approach.  Find an angle that doesn't go against so many other people.

Also, don't let the feedback on the forum fool you.  The people here are mostly long time veterans, many able to farm signals from achievements.  The feedback here is heavily biased.  I'd guess the overall feeling on this is seen as an improvement over the old system.  That said, I do think some sort of award should be given out for achievements, signals or whatever.  Just leave the new missions in place. 

I'm not exactly a "stellar" player the only ships I perform well in are cruisers, and CV's.

But despite this I was able to make a lot more signals than now even with BB's. (My worst class by stats.)

Confederate, High Caliber, Dreadnaught, and Fireproof are achievements average players like myself could achieve just by playing on a somewhat regular basis.

I'd agree it may sound like I'm "attacking" co-op players, however, I just don't like the idea of players being punished for playing a lot which consumes their signals (If they want a better chance of winning they will use signals.)

I think perhaps there could be a separate way of gaining signals for CO-OP and PVP players- 

Perhaps these combat missions could be exclusive to CO-OP while PVP players gained the previous achievement system. I believe this would be more fair to players of both game modes. I believe PVP players need the signals a lot more which is why they should gain more as a result of good play. With a system like this CO-OP players would still be making more signals than they used to, and PVP players would be making the same or more from improved play. Signals from achievements also incentivize  good PVP play which is another reason the previous system is more ideal for PVP players.
 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,074
[WPORT]
Members
10,919 posts
15,412 battles

I voted in the poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[SCCC2]
Members
59 posts
2 minutes ago, NOCAP_Kill_All said:

Fyi everyone. Playing late at night in a t1 random game the entire game would be filled with bots making kraken, confed, high cal, solo warrior and all those very easy to get. Which would get you the flags for those once per day.

Then play mikasa at t2 also late at night when its pretty much all bots and you can get easy 5-7 close quarters kills with the right build. This is important because there was an exploit. You could do it so when you got the achivement during that game you cant get it during another game till the next day. Why is this important? Because the rewards would stack in every game. Day you got 12x secondary kills, you just got 12 CQE rewards lol

 

This means coop mains and also lower 50%ers are able to grind signals like crazy if they are willing to put in 2 low tier games a day

Yep this is a good point, however, this was rarely used by the general populace.

If WG's intent was to lower signals from achievements gained using this method they should have just disabled achievements from tier 1-4.

Also hey I've seen you in ranked last week... not sure if you remember me but yes. :)))

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
423
[NOCAP]
Members
2,451 posts
20,490 battles
Just now, Arctic_Chann said:

Yep this is a good point, however, this was rarely used by the general populace.

If WG's intent was to lower signals from achievements gained using this method they should have just disabled achievements from tier 1-4.

Also hey I've seen you in ranked last week... not sure if you remember me but yes. :)))

Yeh i tend to remember players from ranked just to tell what kinda storm im heading into lol. Your not on my blacklist at least which means you play decent enough :p

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
387
[VIGIL]
Members
385 posts
7 hours ago, Princess_Daystar said:

If it means removing the combat missions: absolutely not. They are the only way i get signals.

If we can have both: yes change it.

That's the thing about WOWs and WG.  They have the power to make this happen and please everyone, even it it means the combat missions are PVE only. 

It's like a city near here that decided to stop being a "dry city" and hand out liqueur licenses so restaurants and bars could serve alcohol.  They then proceeded to hand out 8 licenses.  Of course there were well over a dozen applications, but the city only created 8 out of thin air.  THEN they had the audacity to act as though 8 was all they could muster.  "Sorry restaurants that didn't make the cut. We could only issue 8 because _____________."

 

Humans, that pull this kind of control/power play, are the worst kind of humans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,009
[PVE]
Members
7,464 posts
24 minutes ago, Arctic_Chann said:

Confederate, High Caliber, Dreadnaught, and Fireproof are achievements average players like myself could achieve just by playing on a somewhat regular basis.

The average player in this game is not very good.  They do not earn achievements often, let alone regularly.  I think this is something you're not really seeing.

29 minutes ago, Arctic_Chann said:

I'd agree it may sound like I'm "attacking" co-op players, however, I just don't like the idea of players being punished for playing a lot which consumes their signals (If they want a better chance of winning they will use signals.)

I don' think you're attacking PvE players.  You are however, working against their interests if your idea gets the new system removed. 

30 minutes ago, Arctic_Chann said:

Perhaps these combat missions could be exclusive to CO-OP while PVP players gained the previous achievement system.

The problem with this is players could then do both for extra farming of signals.

31 minutes ago, Arctic_Chann said:

I believe PVP players need the signals a lot more which is why they should gain more as a result of good play.

You weren't here when it happened but WG made a change that removed premiums consumables.  You won't even know what that means so I'll explain it quickly.  Your ships consumables, DCP, Heal, smoke, and so on came in two versions.  The standard version, and premium version.  The premium version gave you an extra charge, and a shorter cooldown.  The catch was you had to pay for the premium versions in credits, I think it was 22k for each consumable, every game.  WG changed that because the newer, average player couldn't afford to pay for these consumables, only the good and veterans players could pay each game.  This created an even larger skill gap.  That system was changed and everyone now gets the premium versions for free as standard.  It was a change to level the playing field some, and this signal change is likely meant to do the same.  Sure, its also an economy pinch/money grab too.

That brings me back to my earlier point.  If you want to lobby for a change you need to think not only about what you're trying to accomplish, but also what interests you may be working against.  Asking for a system that only works for you isn't likely going to work.  Also, asking for a system creates the problem that WG is deliberately trying to change isn't going to work.  You probably won't get many answers, but I would think a better place to start would be to talk to a WG staff member.  Try to understand what the issues are, and let them know your concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×