Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

How to shoot at well angled ships

9 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,313 battles

In a battle that featured me trying to crossfire the ever friendly @_greifer (CC, streamer, and Youtuber extraordinaire) I decided to highlight a little bit where I could talk about autobounce, and picking where to shoot on well angled ships. It might be a little bit number heavy, but I hope the diagrams show what I'm talking about and the principle of what I'm talking about can help anyone looking to get better.

and the link if the embed doesn't work: https://youtu.be/zq3K0M8Pl0s

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 3

[SALVO]
Members
8,982 posts
6,672 battles

:cap_like:

I like a lot these short, very focused on topic videos you have been posting. Even when it is "good old" knowledge, I usually find something fresh to learn from them.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,580 posts
14,018 battles

Can echo Arlskandir above.  This a great little package of info, with some nice graphical decisions~

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts

Very nice explanation. Very much love the short and concise format!

One little thing I would add that did not really came out in your examples is the parallax effect on long targets and close ranges, as shown below:

Salem_parallax.thumb.png.55fb65d170d90c2bf440406686c0b465.png

The black line would be the reference for measurements, such as in the Navigator mod, however, as you can see due to the offset between the center of the ship and the turrets the actual angle of impact is much steeper (red line). Not only on the target, but also yourself. Note that the red and black line are not parallel as they would be for a very long-distance shot, but intersect each other due to the - exaggerated - close range between the two ships.

Minor detail, but I thought I'll add this as it is important in brawling/drive-bys as well as the usual DM fights dancing around islands.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,659 posts
24,627 battles

Well done Ducky_shot. Its good that I know about what you are talking about but I just don't keep track of all those numbers. With that, and my aim sucks, anyway, I find a lot of frustration when shooting angled ships.

It's all on me, though. I call myself a player of the game, not a student of the game. Players have fun but students get better while having fun..

Edited by Khafni

[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,313 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

:cap_like:

I like a lot these short, very focused on topic videos you have been posting. Even when it is "good old" knowledge, I usually find something fresh to learn from them.

Yeah, I'm trying to keep them 8 minutes or under and informative enough to hopefully hold people's attention where other people can do it with their voice special effects and graphics. I then try to get the cheesy thumbnail done in the time it takes the video to render and upload :) 

• Cool 1

[CAZA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
560 posts
7,398 battles

Good stuff, Petro is indeed a monster in close range engagements. This is why I haven't taken Hindenburg to CWs lately, 14km cyclones and Petros are making my Hinden's life miserable for the most part.

[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,313 battles
13 hours ago, NutzForBoltz said:

Thanks never thought of that. Learn something today.

Well that makes it worth it! 

Sign in to follow this