You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
No_Talent_Clown

Odd trend...

15 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,429 battles

New player - only been on for about 2 months. I really only like to do Coop (ducks).

I've noticed a seemingly odd trend. I seem to be pretty well rewarded for my first login and first hour of play - containers come early on, daily rewards, etc. After that, the rewards tend to drop off pretty steeply.

I find this... counter-productive. Wouldn't WOWS want people playing as much as possible? I mean the reward drop-off is so steep that I just limit my playing now because there's no use. I'm new, so maybe I'm missing something?

• Thanks 2

[GT3]
Members
220 posts
8,157 battles

the first daily container and combat missions are pretty quick.. to push through the rest would take awhile in coop.. scenarios can get you through them faster if u don't like pvp

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles

Yeah those last dailies and crate are to get you to play juuuuuuust a couple more games.

• Cool 1

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,627 battles

The first time you win with a ship it has a bonus for the first win of the day.  It’s also set up with a ratio for a higher payout in credits, XP, etc in randoms. 

[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles

Daily mission chains require 250, 500, and 1000 base XP.  In addition, containers drop when you accumulate 2K, 12K, and 37.5K total XP (base XP modified by first win, premium account, camo, signals, and other bonuses.)  Depending on how well you do, you can finish the first chain of 3 missions in 5-7 games.  This could coincidently, give you 2 containers. 

[MI-BR]
Members
53 posts

Start doing randoms, rewards are much greater, but opponents MUCH tougher. I like to credit farm the coops first few games to get warmed up, and get the 50% for first game, then switch to randoms.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,461 posts

You will it find in many online games, in some form or another.  From rested XP gains, to daily reputation grinds and currency restrictions.  It slows the player down, so that they don't out run the pace at which new content can be developed.  It's not a Warships thing, it's an MMORPG thing, decades old. 

Without it, MMORPG player bases would be either feast or famine.  Huge influx of players right after a popular content drop, then a steady decline to a ghost town while the devs scramble to make the next one. 

The restriction on how fast you can progress, smooths and evens out that cycle.  It keeps more players active every day and buys the developer some breathing room between patches.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

I played a lot of coop especially in Kaga and one thing I have learned is wargaming doesn't want me in coop :Smile_sceptic: Why because I get more tier 9 and 10 matches than I do anything else or tier 9 or 10 ships mix in to annoy me :fish_palm: That's a death sentence on the Kaga :Smile_hiding: When I dot get low tier with tier 6 and 7 ships ends to quickly do mostly nothing so either way I am fudge :Smile_sad:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SALVO]
Members
40 posts
3,985 battles

player CV in coop is harder than randoms, bots group up and push together, and game finishes too quick thx to 4 dd

Edited by InvoluntarySoul

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles
1 hour ago, LastRemnant said:

I played a lot of coop especially in Kaga and one thing I have learned is wargaming doesn't want me in coop :Smile_sceptic: Why because I get more tier 9 and 10 matches than I do anything else or tier 9 or 10 ships mix in to annoy me :fish_palm: That's a death sentence on the Kaga :Smile_hiding: When I dot get low tier with tier 6 and 7 ships ends to quickly do mostly nothing so either way I am fudge :Smile_sad:

Thing is, why should I play carriers in Randoms either?

Despite all those who’ve tried to help me, I can’t dodge AA worth spit, which basically makes any game where I’m trying to use a carrier a pointless exercise.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,916 posts

Thats why you dont see 90 carriers waiting in line to play. There is no point since the RTS was removed years ago in patch 8.0

I use the first two dailies in random usually, win or loss does not matter. Harvest a pile of xp. Open containers.

Then I go ops or coop for the rest of the bigger dailies. Takes a couple hours.

Some days I cannot be botihered to finish the whole daily. the first of every month you get he more missions for slot, special flags and RP points. I grind all of the ranked in a hurry to finish that one.

My night mare would be loading in as a emasculated cossack and facing 11 carriers on each team.

[FORM]
Members
2,417 posts
13,579 battles
15 hours ago, No_Talent_Clown said:

I find this... counter-productive. Wouldn't WOWS want people playing as much as possible? I mean the reward drop-off is so steep that I just limit my playing now because there's no use. I'm new, so maybe I'm missing something?

The way they've designed it seems clearly wanting people to login and play, but if/when you get "hooked" they don't want to make it easier for you. That's why the first container is at like 2K experience. The next is at like 12k, and then the third is at like 35K. Same for the missions. It is short sighted by WG, and why a lot of players make alts and just do a different nation for each account. 

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles
22 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thing is, why should I play carriers in Randoms either?

Despite all those who’ve tried to help me, I can’t dodge AA worth spit, which basically makes any game where I’m trying to use a carrier a pointless exercise.

Even if you avoid flak AA DPS will get you anyways some ships have an outrageous amount of it :Smile_sceptic: If the ships are grouped up you can avoid all the flak you want half your squad will be gone by the time you get to target :Smile_sad: As for flak you need to put it where you are not going the game tries predict where you are going and puts their :cap_rambo:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SULSA]
Members
62 posts
18,830 battles
On 6/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, No_Talent_Clown said:

New player - only been on for about 2 months. I really only like to do Coop (ducks).

I've noticed a seemingly odd trend. I seem to be pretty well rewarded for my first login and first hour of play - containers come early on, daily rewards, etc. After that, the rewards tend to drop off pretty steeply.

The First Victory always has a +50% bonus on experience as you can see on any ship in the port, this bonus will redeem automatically once you have a victory on the ship you played on either Rank, Random, Co-op Battles OR Operations, However, Co-op battles are not as rewarding as the other Battle modes, a loss in Randoms will give more rewards than a win in Co-op.

Screenshot 2021-06-30 163830.png

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,627 battles

I always try to do my first wins of the day in Random because the payout is higher than in Co-op. That way I’m not wasting my first win bonus on lower earnings. 

• Cool 1