You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Drifter_X

Carnot?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
647 posts
12,380 battles

Will it be coal or FXP?

Anyone else stoked for the Carnot? 43km with boost, Kremlin shell velocity, Alaska AP penn? Out of all the ships coming out this is the one that looks interesting. I'm also collecting the 305/310mm cruisers so its a must. Hull is resistant to heavy cruisers 203mm guns but is vulnerable to BB's. Conceal is ok at ~15.5km.

Looks like a long range sniper.

Edited by Drifter_X
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[MOD]
Members
42 posts
4,917 battles

I do like sailing at unreasonably fast speeds for my weight class. :cap_horn:

I am a little surprised it doesn't have Main battery Reload Booster, but oh well. 

• Cool 2

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,602 battles

I wish they’d let us know earlier what currency ships are going to be released for. I’m interested in this one too. 

[WOLF3]
Members
647 posts
12,380 battles
29 minutes ago, remington79 said:

I wish they’d let us know earlier what currency ships are going to be released for. I’m interested in this one too. 

I hope its coal. Ive been sitting on quite a bit but I only have 700k FXP right now.

[MOD]
Members
42 posts
4,917 battles
9 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

I hope its coal. Ive been sitting on quite a bit but I only have 700k FXP right now.

I have a good chunk of coal and a coal ship coupon, so here's hoping. 

Members
211 posts
12,282 battles
17 minutes ago, Drifter_X said:

Will it be coal or FXP?

Anyone else stoked for the Carnot? 43km with boost, Kremlin shell velocity, Alaska AP penn? Out of all the ships coming out this is the one that looks interesting. I'm also collecting the 305/310mm cruisers so its a must. Hull is resistant to heavy cruisers 203mm guns but is vulnerable to BB's. Conceal is ok at ~15.5km.

Looks like a long range sniper.

I'm also collecting all the Supercruisers, as they're just generally fun ships for me.  

The speed boost could be good to get out to a flank, but it remains to be seen if the Carnot will offer similar kiting or closing capacity to Henri.  No access to MBRB and no torps to threaten a rush leaves Carnot stripped of a lot of utility.  7 barrels of 305 when nose-in is nothing to sneeze at, but that's not going to win you fights 6 barrels of 305 wouldn't IMHO, particularly at 24s base reload.  

In terms of supercruisers, it's pretty nimble; looks slightly ahead of Azuma/Yoshino.  I don't see Carnot offering anything radically better than those two as a gun platform; maybe it's tankier.

• Cool 1

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,602 battles
1 hour ago, BadDecisionDino said:

I'm also collecting all the Supercruisers, as they're just generally fun ships for me.  

Me too. I picked up Alaska last year and though not quite a super cruiser I bought Salem last month. Those two helped a lot with the ZF-6 missions and are two of my favorite ships. 

Because of the Dalem, buying the Speed Boost Upgrade with a coupon, and some containers to finish up getting the special French commander from a campaign I only have 21k coal. I just bought Friesland to collect so I’m down to 200k Free XP. 

The whole collecting super cruisers has me eyeing Agir next because I’m afraid it’s next on the chopping block along with Yoshimo.  I’m not sure about Moskva yet. I’ve collected a fair amount of DDs and I already got Massa and Georgia before they disappeared. 

[TNP66]
[TNP66]
Beta Testers
2,428 posts
6,253 battles

I want Napoli those sap shells look powerful and will tear Carnot up easily.

[OFCS]
Beta Testers
128 posts
10,602 battles

I can’t remember was Napoli a BB?  I can’t stand the accuracy of Italian BBs. Now I do have a local Italian restaurant named Napolis that makes great food. Lol 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,478 posts
11,002 battles
25 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I want Napoli those sap shells look powerful and will tear Carnot up easily.

Only SAP secondaries :Smile_hiding: