You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Heavy_Sausage

Playing with CV's...

177 comments in this topic

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles

There is almost ZERO defense and here WG is making MORE Unicorn CV's....I think I will start dropping games immediately upon seeing a CV in the match from now on, just tired of them being so OP. I got smoked in a DM in 3 passes today by an Audacious. Rockets, bombs and finally a torp. Even with a heal, my DM died. The game just is no longer fun. 

Edited by Heavy_Sausage
sp error
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 13

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
26,945 battles
8 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

There is almost ZERO defense and here WG is making MORE Unicorn CV's....I think I will start dropping games immediately upon seeing a CV in the match from now on, just tired of them being so OP. I got smoked in a DM in 3 passes today by an Audacious. Rockets, bombs and finally a torp. Even with a heal, my DM died. The game just is no longer fun. 

Time to leave the game as I did 6 months ago 401 ships collecting dust and the only habit I have left to break now , is still reading this forum from time to time.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,212 posts
8,466 battles
20 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

Honestly, I hope I never team with you.  An empty slot would be better to have because at least I would know I could count on that empty spot to do what would be expected of it in that battle, rather than see a ship that entered the battle just sit there because the player had no intention of supporting the team they joined supposedly in good faith.

But then, I guess I'm just old-fashioned in thinking that I have an obligation for pushing that 'Battle' button.

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles

Instead of fixing the stuff that is obviously broken, curving torps, boats flying through the air, lag spikes, no new maps in recent memory and God only knows how many other issues WG is having, WHY doesn't WG stop designing and making fairy tale boats and take some time to concentrate on fixing issues?

Your code is broken so the way to fix it is add more code...

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles
3 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Honestly, I hope I never team with you.  An empty slot would be better to have because at least I would know I could count on that empty spot to do what would be expected of it in that battle, rather than see a ship that entered the battle just sit there because the player had no intention of supporting the team they joined supposedly in good faith.

But then, I guess I'm just old-fashioned in thinking that I have an obligation for pushing that 'Battle' button.

That's fine. But what is the point of getting into a game just to be dead 30 seconds later from something you have ZERO defense against?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 6

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

Agreed.

It's interesting, if you look up everybody who makes this threat, they typically have one thing in common....

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Agreed.

It's interesting, if you look up everybody who makes this threat, they typically have one thing in common....

And what exactly would that be? If you're going to imply it, have the sack to just say it.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
Just now, Heavy_Sausage said:

That's fine. But what is the point of getting into a game just to be dead 30 seconds later from something you have ZERO defense against?

None whatsoever.

Figure out how not to die so fast. Thousands of others can do it, so why shouldn't you be able to?

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

None whatsoever.

Figure out how not to die so fast. Thousands of others can do it, so why shouldn't you be able to?

Maybe you should re-read my post. A DM, dead in 3 passes of a CV....I play this game to have fun, CV's are killing that fun. Then I get to deal with some High and Mighty such as you. You are so far up WG's backside you can't even admit I am correct.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles

And what exactly would that be? If you're going to imply it, have the sack to just say it.

Fair enough, they almost all evidence a less-than-average understanding of the game.

For what you describe to be a regular occurrence, you are doing something wrong. A DM is not typically a desirable target for a CV, unless they're a confident and reasonably skilled CV player. (which are in the minority)

• Cool 2

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts

Des Moines suffers from CVs, I basically gave up on playing it in randoms. Last season ranked I enjoyed her in silver a lot as there were basically no CVs, this season T10 would be gold which naturally is infested with CVs.

My advice to you would be to either go and play a different line, DDs are ironically pretty good against CVs imho (even before the rocket change) as they are the only ship class with enough mobility and stealth to actually come anywhere close to "dodging" strikes. Spotting still kills you though, but so does it in a BB or CA.

If that does not help, play a different game. Nothing else to add until AA gets reworked.

• Cool 4

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles

Tucked up next to an island (which has become the way to play this game regrettably) and get rocketed. Start backing down, get bombed. Move away from the area, torped. I had my AA up and was taking out planes like a mad man as well. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
3 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

Maybe you should re-read my post. A DM, dead in 3 passes of a CV....I play this game to have fun, CV's are killing that fun. Then I get to deal with some High and Mighty such as you. You are so far up WG's backside you can't even admit I am correct.

You misunderstand. I don't dispute your assertion that the game is no longer fun for you, I merely made an observation about those who typically say what you have said.

Where have I disagreed with you? Of course you are correct that the game is no longer fun for you, that's totally subjective.

And what? Anyone that dares to disagree with you is automatically a WG shill? Talk about high and mighty lol.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[TIMT]
Members
1,780 posts
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

A DM is not typically a desirable target for a CV, unless they're a confident and reasonably skilled CV player.

The issue with this is that once you fight a reasonably skilled CV player they will know that DM AA is not that scary as it is made to be (seriously, even by straight values the AA is not special). In addition, the play style a DM is designed around (using island cover, sneaking around to flank red CAs and BBs etc.) is very susceptible to CV interdiction, and if you do well in a DM (or any other ship) you will be at the top of the priority list of the CV player.

So, the only real counterplay to a CV is to be too annoying to deal with (only works in a DD with smokes, stealth, and/or good AA like Halland) or to be not important enough. The latter also means you will not have a great match anyway.

• Cool 3

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,212 posts
8,466 battles
8 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

You should already know the answer to that if you are playing a T10 ship.  Since you asked me directly, I will reply.

The point is to meet the challenges you will face from the opponents who meet you on the other side of the game and, alongside that of the other players on your own side, prevail.  Part of that is figuring out what works and what doesn't, and how to do better the next game.  Part of it is being that support to the others on your team that they need and expect when doing their own jobs.

If you are not having fun in doing these things, then I don't know why you have found WOWS enjoyable enough to grind all the way to T10 and then suddenly lose every enjoyment you had when nothing really has changed from the lower tiers. 

However, when you state you are going to abandon your team immediately because you are facing a tough challenge before you even face it, that doesn't earn you respect in my book. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 1

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles
3 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

You should already know the answer to that if you are playing a T10 ship.  Since you asked me directly, I will reply.

The point is to meet the challenges you will face from the opponents who meet you on the other side of the game and, alongside that of the other players on your own side, prevail.  Part of that is figuring out what works and what doesn't, and how to do better the next game.  Part of it is being that support to the others on your team that they need and expect when doing their own jobs.

If you are not having fun in doing these things, then I don't know why you have found WOWS enjoyable enough to grind all the way to T10 and then suddenly lose every enjoyment you had when nothing really has changed from the lower tiers. 

However, when you state you are going to abandon your team immediately because you are facing a tough challenge before you even face it, that doesn't earn you respect in my book. 

That's cool. You do you.

Hopefully, if enough players would stop engaging games with CV's, WG would pull their collective heads out of their posteriors and fix things. Do we REALLY need make believe CV's in the game right now?

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles
12 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

Tucked up next to an island (which has become the way to play this game regrettably) and get rocketed. Start backing down, get bombed. Move away from the area, torped. I had my AA up and was taking out planes like a mad man as well. 

See? Was that hard? You figured out the problem right there.

Slow down or stop moving, trying to hold a point? You just rang the dinner bell for CVs.

If you can't play DM without dropping anchor beside an island, and you're worried about CVs, play cruisers that don't require you to put a big "kick me CV" sign on your deck.

• Cool 3

[AWOW]
Members
320 posts
690 battles
4 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

That's cool. You do you.

Hopefully, if enough players would stop engaging games with CV's, WG would pull their collective heads out of their posteriors and fix things. Do we REALLY need make believe CV's in the game right now?

I usually tell everyone who have issues against CV's to mirror the match. You play the CV and have someone at your level play your ship and see the end result. 

• Cool 3

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles

The amount of exaggeration from OP is strong :Smile_hiding: If you are dying 30 seconds into battle it's not the CVs that are OP you are making yourself an easy target to get killed :fish_palm: Seriously did rush the enemy team hope they wouldn't shoot at you or something :Smile_teethhappy:  

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 3
  • Meh 3

[TIRP]
Members
54 posts
8,045 battles
1 minute ago, Shomaruki said:

I usually tell everyone who have issues against CV's to mirror the match. You play the CV and have someone at your level play your ship and see the end result. 

I am terrible at the CV. I have a lot of respect for those that can play it and can play it well. I am not trying to take away from those players, any players. I feel WG needs to fix things before they go adding make believe crap to the game. At least give the boats some sort of defense against 389740 rockets from an FDR.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
2,212 posts
8,466 battles
3 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

That's cool. You do you.

We don't -REALLY- need any ships but what was in Beta (yes, we can get rid of the Des Moines), but people -wanted- them in the game, and so WG put them in.  Also, without new ships to strive for, players will lack any goals and go elsewhere (this was confirmed at least twice in the past directly from other players, and is a tangential reason we have the RB).

And hopefully, players will continue to engage and meet the challenges of game with CVs as much as those without, because they are all part of World of Warships.  Dropping out of games isn't protest, it's betrayal of those on your team.  You want to protest?  Then don't play.  You won't hurt other people's games, and will have a much more noticeable effect than simply getting banned from the game for poor sportsmanship.

But, as you say....You do you.  What happens is on your head for your actions, and no one else's.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,350 posts
10,591 battles

At least give the boats some sort of defense against 389740 rockets from an FDR.

They just did, they added a delay to rocket firing, to give ships a better chance of dodging.

Thing is, if you aren't moving, you can't really dodge.

• Cool 3

[CLUMP]
Members
397 posts

I think CVs wouldn't be so hated if AA wasn't entirely RNG dependent. Give players the ability to manually control AA. Right now a CV player can control where the flak goes and fairly easily avoid it. Letting players control the AA when they want to might have a positive change on the CV interaction. 

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,515 posts
56 minutes ago, Heavy_Sausage said:

I will start dropping games immediately upon seeing a CV in the match from now on. The game just is no longer fun. 

If you drop games upon seeing a CV then you won't have to quit the game because the system will do it for you for going AFK.

• Cool 2

[CLUMP]
Members
2,051 posts
2,424 battles
4 minutes ago, USMC_FMF said:

I think CVs wouldn't be so hated if AA wasn't entirely RNG dependent. Give players the ability to manually control AA. Right now a CV player can control where the flak goes and fairly easily avoid it. Letting players control the AA when they want to might have a positive change on the CV interaction. 

You can avoid flak but still get continuous AA damage that can't be avoid it and depending on the ship like a Halland it adds up and hurts a lot  :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by LastRemnant