You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arthur_Dayne

Scared to buy new premiums

64 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
477 posts
12,132 battles

These new premiums . I can just see wg making them super powerful to get $ then just nerfing them….leaving you out 50 bucks……buff all u want but i cant spend money on one thing…then have it be less the next month….HYUGA…..this premium nerfing…massive HE spam…hybrid carrier bbs…..invisble destroyers…has finaly made me step back….probly the number one thing i hate..is the  seconday nerf on japanses bbs like shikishima nd french bbs…..im just ….feeling done with wows with this stuff..every ship in the game targets bbs… now hybrids… he spam…subs hunting bb……and absolutely no secondaries..im over it…this game…is getting bad with all the stand off weaponry >…invisble torps….subs…he spam from behind islands….torp planes from cruisers…..you cant even play bb now unless u run to the border…..games being destroyed.  Now im supose to spend $ then get nerfed in one patch…no way…

• Cool 20
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 1

[KIA-C]
Members
2 posts
9,688 battles

This doesn't sound like complaining about nerfed premiums. 

Sounds like you are just done with the game. 

Take a break and come back, or straight up quit playing for good. 

Play some other games :fish_book:

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 1

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,773 posts
22,265 battles

All the new ones say they can be nerfed, and some were nerfed while still on sale.

I would not buy any of the new premiums.

• Cool 12
  • Thanks 1

[SAF]
Members
155 posts
11,866 battles

Yeah you sound very burnt out man. Take a couple weeks and come back and see how you feel.

[-BUI-]
Members
2,704 posts
7,061 battles

Yeah, them officially stating they can and WILL change purchased ships has stopped any and all desire I had left for buying ships, I simply don't trust them to not destroy something after I buy it.

• Thanks 19

[D-DAY]
Members
7,126 posts

Think about it, for a while most of the premium ships for sale recently have been 'nothing special'. I assume this happened because WG assessed it needed to hit a 'meh' status on those ships and stay well away from an 'Ooops, that's a bit OP, let's ready another Global change/nerf!' :Smile_teethhappy:

But with that approach I'm betting sales went down a bit. So what are they doing now....laying the groundwork for us to be more aware and accepting of changes to premiums. That way they can hype/make them strong in future, the premiums will look good, people will buy.....and then they will nerf down the road.

It's nothing they can't do now within the rules, they are just in the transition stage to a better sales position - because we are in the transition stage, some are still wary. Once the transition period is finished, many will be buying those shiny premiums again - job done! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[-WD-]
Members
17 posts
9,497 battles

Buy a ship that's old enough to be nerf proof if you really want to spend $ on a ship. 

Some examples that are still strong today include: Roma, Atago, Cossack, Kidd, Weevee and Arizona, Warspite, Mainz and several others still on sale right now. 

• Cool 1

[PSV]
Supertester, Wiki Editor
890 posts
6,888 battles

Don't buy ships just because they are very powerful or OP. Buy ships for other reasons, like being interested in the concept of the ship, or for historical purposes. 

Most of the issues you listed aren't even with prems, they're just general gameplay complaints. 

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Don't buy premiums. Every time you open your wallet to WG, you enable them to get away with stuff like the royal shafting of LWM and Chobitsu over the design of the Yukon.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 2

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles

Must not play other MMos huh? This is the only MMO that i play that doesnt or well hasnt changed content bought with real money and its become a balance issue.

How many ships have been pulled and probably never offered again(in some cases) or only inside lootboxes in others) because they affected battle to much? The list i can think of is long and includes some of my favorite ships, which frankly need nerfs in some cases.

Also you frankly sound burnt out, take a break. Im playin DS3 most of the week xD

Edited by Princess_Daystar
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 3

Members
1,960 posts

Every ship in the game targets BB's?

You've never seen a DD get nuked into planetary orbit by a hail of artillery fire the second it was spotted in a capture point by a CV?

Insta-pop! 

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
3,049 posts
27,727 battles

You're buying premiums for the wrong reasons if your buying them to get an advantage. Basically advocating pay to win by doing that. Buy a ship that you want to play because it fits your playstyle and not because you expect it to win all your battles.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SALV0]
Members
331 posts
1,350 battles

You should be scared to buy anything. At any moment WG can rework or change or do anything they want and have proven they will.

And it's no guarantee you're gonna like the rework or changes.

[-1]
Members
826 posts
12,331 battles

Here are major reasons against buying prem ships for me:

1) No low tier premiums; they are interesting only when you start playing the game but quickly become port queens.

2) WG often releases coal/steel ship which is a better version of a prem ship. For example Jean Bart made Gascogne  obsolete for me.

3) Coal/steel ships yield more fxp/cxp/credits; I'm playing them anyway to obtain resources.

That being said there are just a few exceptions like Mainz which are somewhat worth spending money on. Personally I'd recommend buying prem account and focus on getting more coal/steel. WG killed prem ships with coal.

[G-4W]
Members
51 posts

I bought the Sanzang CV and what a bad decision on my part. That is the worst Premium ship I never ever use! What a waste of money!

Edited by Captain_Cavemn

[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles

When it comes to stuff like this I am a firm believer once I purchase something it should stay as I bought it :Smile_hiding: However wargaming has a state it any ships release might be subject to change :Smile_bajan2: In any game that is a big no-no  in my opinion because what happens when they change why you bought so much it's not what you originally bought:Smile_sceptic: Enterprise Graf Zeppelin players know this very well :Smile_teethhappy: Once I bought something it should stay exactly as bought it :Smile_child: This why buying things like this is not a good idea :fish_palm:

Edited by LastRemnant
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
10,210 posts
26,329 battles

The game could disappear overnight if circumstances warranted it. It is probably not a good idea to spend money on any online game unless it is cash you do not mind throwing away. Not spending money on WoWS makes it easier to walk away from the game if you ever feel inclined. 

[O7]
Supertester
441 posts
13,713 battles

It's this kind of mentality that resulted in overpowered historical ships in never being sold again. 

Haida and Enterprise are a few examples. If I was a new player and wanted to own these ships because of their historical value, either I gamble on Christmas crates or hope I get extremely lucky at a rare WG event. 

As for WG acting on it's new policy, only change so far is Hyuga getting a 1s nerf to her reload (fairly insignifcant if you think about it) . If you want to count Thunderer, then she absolutely deserved the range nerf for being a broken T10 BB (and if you really want that range back, just use range mod). 

• Cool 6
  • Meh 2

[WOLFG]
Members
13,256 posts
12,507 battles

With WG doing "game mechanics" adjustments, any ship we own was always under the gun for nerfs.

I prefer individual nerfs where they might nerf my ship opposed to nerfs where they put all ships of a certain type in a bag and beat on it.

• Meh 2

[CNO]
Members
6,737 posts
20,178 battles
7 hours ago, Arthur_Dayne said:

These new premiums . I can just see wg making them super powerful to get $ then just nerfing them….leaving you out 50 bucks……

Tiger 59 is still available, I believe.  Don't see any nerfs in its future.

Now for the big picture.  Nerfs will happen.  Buffs will happen.  Mechanics will change.  Just the reality of the model WG has brought us.  As long as one spends (and plays) with that in mind, all should be good.  

[OIL-1]
Members
1,903 posts

The fundamental issue here, is that WG sucks.
They don't play the game. They don't play the ships.
When you take a ship that played decently, and turn it into something that's unplayable,
that's not 'balance', that's 'laziness'.
Even if you don't play the ship, you could tone it down a notch, then tone it down again,
but that would take effort. Much easier to just slash and burn.

Then you have the system-wide destructions, like the IFHE nerf with no adjustments
to ships that got hit the hardest.

The ultimate prize came in WoT, when they took the worst tank in the game and nerfed it.
A classic case of just looking at the numbers while being completely clueless as to
what was causing it.

I've avoided most of the whining about the big rocket nerf.
I'm sure they made no individual ship adjustments bcuz again, lazy.
 From the little I've played, it's not the nerf, it's that the mechanic is whack.
This unrealistic delay thing is totaly immersion breaking.
As for the receiving end, I see the bullets, then 1 second later the rockets.
That doesn't give me time to change course, and I already knew the planes were
there, so if I cared then I would have already changed course.

2 hours ago, dimzzy said:

3) Coal/steel ships yield more fxp/cxp/credits;

By far. Those ships are much more valuable than premium ships when it comes to earning.

[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
7 hours ago, Zenn3k said:

Yeah, them officially stating they can and WILL change purchased ships has stopped any and all desire I had left for buying ships, I simply don't trust them to not destroy something after I buy it.

What I don't get is why people suddenly distrust them, for being upfront about something they could have done at any time, and without mentioning it to anybody.

I assume many were under the mistaken impression that WG couldn't have nerfed premiums before.

[FOXY]
Members
2,564 posts
7,685 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

With WG doing "game mechanics" adjustments, any ship we own was always under the gun for nerfs.

I prefer individual nerfs where they might nerf my ship opposed to nerfs where they put all ships of a certain type in a bag and beat on it.

This!

34 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What I don't get is why people suddenly distrust them, for being upfront about something they could have done at any time, and without mentioning it to anybody.

I assume many were under the mistaken impression that WG couldn't have nerfed premiums before.

They have nerfed premiums, they disguised the nerfs with a nerf to the entire class however which hurts tech tree ships, sometimes way more than they need.

Secondary nerfs? Ohio, Georgia and Mass.

im sure theres others that can be listed.

if you dont want to buy premiums, dont do it, thats your right, but understand that theyve always been able to change your premiums. Just as every other MMO can change any content they wish.

[X-PN]
Members
1,993 posts
13,243 battles
7 hours ago, mrmariokartguy said:

Don't buy ships just because they are very powerful or OP. Buy ships for other reasons, like being interested in the concept of the ship, or for historical purposes.

Um.... yeah....

Meanwhile... want to guess what the 2nd and 3rd most played T10 CV's are?  (games played between the two being almost the same)

image.thumb.png.8a997f7ecc76d18c77f24a74f43b1990.png

I think it's also worth mentioning that both have only been available for a short period of time and FDR take a fair amount of steel to get.... yet here it is nearly being the second most played CV (some weeks it has been).