You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarnacleCollector

WG finally (also) ruined Bot Battles

39 comments in this topic

[Y0L0]
Members
618 posts
26,154 battles

The 2 human, 7 bot games are gone. I haven't had one in days. Now there are just 9 human, 7 human and 5 human options. This stinks.

The change was probably made because WG doesn't want you earning too much money in Bot Battles, as then you won't need Premium Time to break even.

• Cool 5
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,913 posts

Only certain ships are good producers in certain battles.

The rest have their places in other battle modes as good producers.

[RLGN]
Members
16,607 posts
29,037 battles

For all intents and purposes, I’ve been a Co-op main since at least 0.8.0.

Effectively all I played in 2020 were Tier 10s, in order to try to get the mission based UUs before they went away.

Yes, I used premium time and eco signals, but I did more than break even, I made credits; in Co-op.

I haven’t noticed it being harder to do so, even when 2/7 was running rampant.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,165 posts
20,111 battles

This past weekend the Naval Battles was ribbons. A lot of people went to coop to grind ribbons. Was faster and easier than randoms.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
3,807 posts
31,136 battles

I've had full human teams, and solo-human games since the latest patch.  Credit earning still seems the same with games that have fewer humans typically means better rewards.

[USRUS]
[USRUS]
Members
1,778 posts
22,334 battles
22 minutes ago, BarnacleCollector said:

The 2 human, 7 bot games are gone. I haven't had one in days. Now there are just 9 human, 7 human and 5 human options. This stinks.

The change was probably made because WG doesn't want you earning too much money in Bot Battles, as then you won't need Premium Time to break even.

Play early in the morning or late at night an always hit the battle button at the end screen vs going back to port.

[HWIN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
133 posts
8,470 battles

How dare you see people in a multiplayer game.

• Funny 2

[SR-_-]
Members
4,952 posts
46,489 battles

I guess I will get less people in co-op now. I used to get mainly full house during the 2-7 era. 😏

For me, it was the exact opposite.

I am quite certain that I will be sailing alone and then 9 bots will hunt me down for sure.😂

I am sorry to hear that you have this issue after the fix.

But to me, I was seldom alone.

Maybe it was all those chickens I sacrificed. A KFC bucket seemed to work. Or perhaps the pallet of coffee I had air dropped into Austin, Texas at a designated coordinate with no questions asked. 😏🤔 I just know that it had to be something....😏🤔

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles
6 hours ago, BarnacleCollector said:

There are co-op mains who wanted the 2-human battles gone. Some ships don't carry well in that environment, and older/handicapped folks doing it to chill didn't like the carry pressure.

Try to consider the needs of others.

• Cool 4

Members
117 posts
20,835 battles
26 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The change was probably made because WG doesn't want you earning too much money in Bot Battles

WG fixed it because it drove a few people to random battles, but the rest of us were getting ready to leave.

Co-op is fun again, thanks WG!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles

Wait what?  

Since the patch, I have had anywhere from 1-9 humans in games, and have had less 9 human battles.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,145 posts
19,146 battles
26 minutes ago, FearlessNight said:

WG fixed it because it drove a few people to random battles, but the rest of us were getting ready to leave.

There seems to be a problem with the way you quoted me. I didn't say the words in your quote box; the OP did.

This can happen if you quote someone's quote within someone else's post. You should try to quote the original source in that case. It avoids misunderstandings.

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
36 minutes ago, FearlessNight said:

And then theres the third group who found the 2/7 matches fun and great who wanted it to stay and didnt go to randoms or plan on staying.

Ensigns right though. Much as i liked the 2/7s it needed fixing for players who enjoyed regular coop matches. Think of others, and try not to speak for everyone.

• Cool 5

Members
654 posts
8,643 battles
7 hours ago, BarnacleCollector said:

Not true, I was the only human in a battle with my Kitakaze yesterday, while farming main battery hits for one of the missions.

[GODT]
Members
19 posts
14,562 battles

i didn't noticed any changes since last update .

[USCC]
Members
3,512 posts
16,243 battles
45 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Wait what?  

Since the patch, I have had anywhere from 1-9 humans in games, and have had less 9 human battles.

Yeah me too, quite a few less, but I'm good with that!!

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,219 posts
3,783 battles

I can't speak to the ratio of humans to bots, as there are a lot of factors such as when you play and at what tier, but I wouldn't say that it's "broken" in terms of a shift in gameplay mechanics.
From my experience, as long as you sit in the second line of ships but stay relatively close to your robot allies, you can pick of easy kills while letting the bots have their "Yolo" duels in the center of the map.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,270 posts
12,537 battles
35 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Yeah me too, quite a few less, but I'm good with that!!

I don't track it, but I think on average, I am having fewer awesome battles but higher battle averages.

but it might just be feels.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,419 posts
25,337 battles
8 hours ago, BarnacleCollector said:

I have had one since the change and several 3x6, 4x5 and 5x4 matches.  The "bug" seems to be gone !   Thanks to our host.   For the record:  YES, there were some huge game earned !  Even two losses that were in the top 20 valued games logged !!!  BUT, the downside was that a good many of us couldn't use all of our ships because we are "average" or "handicapped" and were losing a lot of matches.......  And, we couldn't play all of our ships???  TT ships don't carry very well in a lot of examples that were given throughout the "Bug" period.   Many were in fact getting ready to leave the game.  Another group of players had to change clans!  Because, some PVE clans do not work together at all and Divisioning was the only way to increase the chances of winning......  Some went to PVP and the PVE community may get them back with the change.....   It just wasn't "fair" to have a "bug" change the game unannounced..... 

Now, a bunch of us can actually get back to using all of our ships and enjoying the game; vis-a'-vis worrying about losing even more or looking for ways to slowly exit the game.  Some of us care about our Win-Loss numbers..... 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,624 posts
23,876 battles
8 hours ago, BarnacleCollector said:

So far the only time the human bot composition bothers me is when I'm one of the 2 humans driving a torps DD.

[USCC]
Members
3,512 posts
16,243 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I don't track it, but I think on average, I am having fewer awesome battles but higher battle averages.

but it might just be feels.

That just means you dun got gudder. lol

[CUDA]
Members
568 posts
9,216 battles

It's funny, there's an entire thread devoted to complaining about the 2/7 game, WG fixes it and now here's a thread complaining about it going away. Does anyone really wonder why WG doesn't listen to the forums?

[USCC]
Members
3,512 posts
16,243 battles
5 minutes ago, Swervenkill said:

It's funny, there's an entire thread devoted to complaining about the 2/7 game, WG fixes it and now here's a thread complaining about it going away. Does anyone really wonder why WG doesn't listen to the forums?

You think WG made a change to something because of something they read here on the forum?
"We" count for nothing. WG obviously made a mistake and then corrected it.

Nothing more.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,593 posts
29,643 battles

Ship type and human/bot distribution is for the most part the same as it was before the 2/9 glitch. The only change could be that hard limits on ship types seem to either have been tweaked or broken. I've had 5 DD games, 6 BB games, 7 CA games, some of these are fine and enjoyable but the 5 DD ones are less so, even if you happen to be one of those DDs.