Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MoJoMoJi

Does the game run laggy in Windows 11?

39 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[386LV]
Members
11 posts
12,023 battles

I am not sure it is only my situation or the game. I updated the windows 10 to 11 this noon, and everything felt ok -- not had any big bug yet. But when I used the same setting from yesterday, the frame started to drop around 20-30 fps. Do I need to update the drive or some part of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,097
[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles

Are you sure you upgraded to Windows 11 when it won't be out until Oct/November at the earliest ?

Edited by warheart1992

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,483
[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,281 battles
3 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Are you sure you upgraded to Windows 11 when it won't be out until Oct/November at the least ?

Can load it as of today apparently?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,097
[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Can load it as of today apparently?

Seems you are correct but I find it listed as some sort of very early beta version? I think it's to be expected that it would be buggy as hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,483
[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,281 battles
Just now, warheart1992 said:

Seems you are correct but I find it listed as some sort of very early beta version? I think it's to be expected that it would be buggy as hell.

Considering I just upgraded to 10 at Christmas, I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,097
[KWF]
Members
6,559 posts
7,157 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Considering I just upgraded to 10 at Christmas, I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. 

Been using Win7 till March of this year. Will probably upgrade to 11 on the last day existing 10 owners are allowed to do so freely. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,779
[CLUMP]
Members
2,044 posts
2,424 battles

Windows ten was a horrible glitchy mess especially for games for the first-year still is for some :fish_palm: What makes you think windows eleven won't be the same :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by LastRemnant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,005
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
20 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Considering I just upgraded to 10 at Christmas, I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. 

I put Win10 on this PC when I built it a few years ago, only because I needed it to run State of Decay 2.

I ended up just downloading it for free, and living with the "Activate Windows Now" watermark.

If 11 is coming soon, hopefully I won't have to spend $200 to get rid of said watermark lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,998
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,431 posts
14,946 battles
52 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Are you sure you upgraded to Windows 11 when it won't be out until Oct/November at the earliest ?

It is the preview so some differences are possible come official release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,329 posts
48 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Considering I just upgraded to 10 at Christmas, I'm not touching it with a ten foot pole. 

Well, I've been using Win 10 since 2016, but, I'm not about to load 11 anytime very soon.  Maybe in a couple years...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
431
[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
864 posts
6,495 battles

Be interesting to see if Mickysoft pulls some of the same stunts attempting to 'nudge' folks into upgrading as last time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
431 posts
5,082 battles

Sadly my machine's motherboard doesn't have Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0 I think ill just stick with windows 10 till 2025 or whenever this machine dies. Sounds a bit interesting though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,005
[WOLFG]
Members
34,338 posts
10,584 battles
35 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Be interesting to see if Mickysoft pulls some of the same stunts attempting to 'nudge' folks into upgrading as last time. 

If they do, I may give in.

Wish I had taken the free Win10 upgrade from Win7.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,178
[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,233 posts
4,348 battles
2 hours ago, MoJoMoJi said:

I am not sure it is only my situation or the game. I updated the windows 10 to 11 this noon, and everything felt ok -- not had any big bug yet. But when I used the same setting from yesterday, the frame started to drop around 20-30 fps. Do I need to update the drive or some part of the game?

I'm sure whatever version of Win 11 your using is a test version of some sort, and so bugs are too be expected. If you want a problem free system I'd suggest staying on Win 10 until MS irons out the kinks with Win 11. And I'm sure that WG doesn't officially support Win 11 yet so you're going to be on your own with any problems you encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,217
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,450 posts

I don't mind being a tester for free here for a video game once in a while on the PTS but.....windows?  Ima wait a good long while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,525
Supertester
4,266 posts
4,646 battles
16 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I don't mind being a tester for free here for a video game once in a while on the PTS but.....windows?  Ima wait a good long while.

Generally a bug in a game won't brick your PC and lose all your data that's for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,970
[WORX]
Members
14,123 posts
20,570 battles
3 hours ago, MoJoMoJi said:

I am not sure it is only my situation or the game. I updated the windows 10 to 11 this noon, and everything felt ok -- not had any big bug yet. But when I used the same setting from yesterday, the frame started to drop around 20-30 fps. Do I need to update the drive or some part of the game?

This can be from not updating your bios and/or GPU drivers...


Just because you upgraded, doesn't mean it was a good idea for your gear set up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[386LV]
Members
11 posts
12,023 battles
4 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Are you sure you upgraded to Windows 11 when it won't be out until Oct/November at the earliest ?

It is possible to upgrade to W11 with a insider program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[386LV]
Members
11 posts
12,023 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It is the preview so some differences are possible come official release.

It is the official version, but still it is a insider program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[386LV]
Members
11 posts
12,023 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm sure whatever version of Win 11 your using is a test version of some sort, and so bugs are too be expected. If you want a problem free system I'd suggest staying on Win 10 until MS irons out the kinks with Win 11. And I'm sure that WG doesn't officially support Win 11 yet so you're going to be on your own with any problems you encounter.

It is an official "insider" version. I just figured out, if I re-install the driver, there will be no more laggy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[BSOR1]
Members
34 posts
8,909 battles

The way MS goes, Win 11 is going to be a sh!t OS. Remember 95 bad, 98 good, ME/2000 bad, XP good, Vista bad, 7 good, whatever 8 was, 10 better…. And so on

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,159
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,480 posts

Since Win 10 is going to be supported for a few more years I'm in no hurry to upgrade to Win 11. I'll wait until the first major update at least because that's when they usually have most of the more glaring bugs worked out.

Edit:

Well, it seems that my current system won't run Win 11. However, by 2025 it will probably be time to upgrade anyway, seeing that I built this system in 2010.

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,483
[GGWP]
Members
7,631 posts
18,281 battles
6 hours ago, Skpstr said:

If they do, I may give in.

Wish I had taken the free Win10 upgrade from Win7.....

try upgrading from installation media and see what happens. I upgraded all of our PC's at work to Windows 10 last fall and none of them needed to be reactivated. They all accepted their previous license for Win7. I did have trouble with 2 upgrades, but they weren't related to the licensing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×