Sign in to follow this  
SteffisCute

My Dad is learning the piano

13 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

So my dad decided that at his age he wants to try new things so he is taking piano lessons. He bought a Grand Piano and it was delivered and set up last week and the tuner guy came and spent all day tuning it and showing my dad how to maintain it. I think he paid like $65k for it. 

Anyway I am suspicious of his piano teacher. She is 30 something, very pretty, and has some sort of accent. She keeps complimenting the house and how big it is and dropping hints of how much it cost and stuff. I think she is trying to get ahold of my Dad's Lucky Charms if u get my drift. Bekah says I am just paranoid, but I have always been worried about some unscrupulous woman digging her claws into my Dad and our money.

I am debating what to do. I don't want to sabotage my Dad's lessons because he really wants to learn to play BUT at the same time I don't want some harlot gold digger trying to get ahold my my Dad's money.

I think the BEST solution would be to just flat out tell her I am on to her game and that she won't get a dime from him.

[KWF]
Members
6,572 posts
7,191 battles

At times I get the feeling you are just reading us the script of a soap opera :Smile_teethhappy:.

[PVE]
Members
11,155 posts
19,502 battles
2 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

I think the BEST solution would be to just flat out tell her I am on to her game and that she won't get a dime from him.

Keep it to yourself, once you let some one know that you are on to them, you give up your power over them. I suggest some hidden surveillance cameras with sound.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
16,478 posts
4,774 battles
2 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

I think she is trying to get ahold of my Dad's Lucky Charms if u get my drift.

And if she does?  You going to begrudge the old guy his fun?  Stick to the script.

1 hour ago, SteffisCute said:

What's a soap opera?

Google is your friend.

Edited by iDuckman

[SPTR]
Members
27,690 posts
18,295 battles

Hello Steff nice to hear you kicking about on the forums.

Good to hear your dad wants to learn new things, my dad just watches netflix or news when he is not working or fixing our house for like the last 5 or so years.

Try and listen in or eavesdrop your dad's lesson but don't make it obvious what you are doing, anything that may shock you, hold that reaction in until after the piano lesson. Let your dad know after the piano lecturer leaves, see what he thinks.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,531 posts
12,897 battles
4 hours ago, SteffisCute said:

but I have always been worried about some unscrupulous woman digging her claws into my Dad and our money.

Is it your dads money your worried about or yours ?? Let him have some fun if he's single he knows what's he's doing only take action if things really get out of hand . 

In the mean time how's that wedding suit looking really loved those shoes your bride picked out . 

By the way my dad's taking Spanish lessons and he's 93 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts

Bessie usually sleeps in the room where the piano is and she would sleep through a nuclear war SO I am going to duct tape a recorder to her that way when she is asleep during the lesson I can record this harlot's skullduggery

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts

I'm still not so sure that the OP isn't just making things up, but at least the posts do liven up the Misc section. Nobody who has a normal income and is in their right mind would buy a $65k grand piano just to "learn the piano," when you could get a pretty good Yamaha keyboard for $500 to see if you really had the talent for piano and the patience and perseverance to learn and practice it until you were reasonably good. Anyone who would spend such money on a whim has to be either filthy rich or not very bright, or both.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,531 posts
12,897 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'm still not so sure that the OP isn't just making things up, but at least the posts do liven up the Misc section. Nobody who has a normal income and is in their right mind would buy a $65k grand piano just to "learn the piano," when you could get a pretty good Yamaha keyboard for $500 to see if you really had the talent for piano and the patience and perseverance to learn and practice it until you were reasonably good. Anyone who would spend such money on a whim has to be either filthy rich or not very bright, or both.

lets us not judge Snargfargle  but I do agree the post are a welcome break from the whining and complaining posts .

[WOLF3]
Members
568 posts
59 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My Dad doesn't scrimp. When he wants something he buys the best no matter the cost. It's called disposable income and we are blessed to have too much of it. Besides, he worked his butt off to get us to where we are now. I grew up in the back of a van on the road, a motel room was a once a month luxury. Mc Donald's was our idea of a night out. try crawling out of the bottom of some coal mine in Appalachia sometime, it sucks. But here we are.

Don't judge how other people live their lives, that's not your job.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
37 minutes ago, clammboy said:

lets us not judge Snargfargle  but I do agree the post are a welcome break from the whining and complaining posts .

I'm putting in some effort to try to get better with my guitar. I played cornet in high school and was fairly good at it (my trio got a 1 at state once) but never really got into playing the guitar, though I bought one back in high school. Now, however, I'm putting in some effort to at least run through a couple of songs every evening. I think I'll do The Sloop John B. tonight because it's a "nautical" tune and I'm just about as far from an ocean as you can get in North America.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,521 posts
22 minutes ago, SteffisCute said:

It's called disposable income

"Disposable" income must be nice to have. I wish I'd have had some of that when I was eating 50 cent meals of mac and cheese and cheap tuna every day for four years and scrounging around for places to sleep because my research assistant's pay was just enough to pay my truck payment, tuition, and keep me fed but not enough for any housing. Fortunately, I was in the field most of the time when it was warm and in the winter I could usually find a warm place to roll out my sleeping bag out at the research station in one of the heated animal houses where the campus cops wouldn't run me off because they just assumed that I was pulling research overnighters like most of the grad students did from time to time. The only problem with trying to sleep in an animal house is that the darn critters are noisy at night, especially when they know you are there and are assuming that they are going to get fed. I never had to take out a loan though.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this