Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

End of tech tree grind.

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

135
[PHD]
Members
333 posts
11,101 battles

Since November 2019, I have been grinding out all the tech three ships and will soon have the battleship Vermont researched and purchased. This is the last of the top three ships that I will be grinding out. I have all the other lines except the European destroyers and the Panavision destroyers. Since I play mostly co-op battles, I do not plan on researching the pan Asian destroyers as it seems that they are armed with deep water torpedoes which are only effective against battle ships and aircraft carriers. The European destroyers look interesting but they are torpedoes work to hitting power that I like. I do not want to go through the maelstrom of secondary artillery from a Yamato class battleship or any other battleship and hit it with a couple of spreads of torpedoes Only to see that it has more than enough life left in it to sink my ship And still be a danger to teammate ships. I am only about 126,000 XP from getting the battleship Vermont and then I will focus on Other aspects of the game.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,377
[CO-OP]
Members
3,787 posts
31,061 battles
20 minutes ago, WM1957 said:

Since November 2019, I have been grinding out all the tech three ships and will soon have the battleship Vermont researched and purchased. This is the last of the top three ships that I will be grinding out. I have all the other lines except the European destroyers and the Panavision destroyers. Since I play mostly co-op battles, I do not plan on researching the pan Asian destroyers as it seems that they are armed with deep water torpedoes which are only effective against battle ships and aircraft carriers. The European destroyers look interesting but they are torpedoes work to hitting power that I like. I do not want to go through the maelstrom of secondary artillery from a Yamato class battleship or any other battleship and hit it with a couple of spreads of torpedoes Only to see that it has more than enough life left in it to sink my ship And still be a danger to teammate ships. I am only about 126,000 XP from getting the battleship Vermont and then I will focus on Other aspects of the game.

Congrats on finishing the grind.

FWIW, Pan-Asian DWT are effective v. everything but DDs (including cruisers.)  They have decent guns that can shred most DDs in a gunfight

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[WOLF9]
Members
1,478 posts
25,784 battles
7 hours ago, WM1957 said:

Since November 2019, I have been grinding out all the tech three ships and will soon have the battleship Vermont researched and purchased. This is the last of the top three ships that I will be grinding out. I have all the other lines except the European destroyers and the Panavision destroyers. Since I play mostly co-op battles, I do not plan on researching the pan Asian destroyers as it seems that they are armed with deep water torpedoes which are only effective against battle ships and aircraft carriers. The European destroyers look interesting but they are torpedoes work to hitting power that I like. I do not want to go through the maelstrom of secondary artillery from a Yamato class battleship or any other battleship and hit it with a couple of spreads of torpedoes Only to see that it has more than enough life left in it to sink my ship And still be a danger to teammate ships. I am only about 126,000 XP from getting the battleship Vermont and then I will focus on Other aspects of the game.

Congrats.  I am also finishing up all of the tech tree grinds.  My last original ship to grind is the Elbing, and I should have enough XP and FXP to get her tomorrow.  I am also grinding the Harugumo, but that is due to an RB reset.  The only difference is that I do NOT play CVs, and any CVs I did grind have been stopped and sold since the infamous rework in 0.8.0.  Of course Dutch cruisers are coming out next patch, so there will be one more grind.

I had trouble with the PanAsian DDs because I grind in Coop, and usually I was facing a DD that my torps were useless against.

I had trouble with the PanEurope DDs because I just felt that their torps were too weak and the ships were too slow to dance around like the French DDs.

But they are all researched and I have Yueyang and Halland in my fleet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
199
[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
346 posts
8 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

Congrats on finishing the grind.

FWIW, Pan-Asian DWT are effective v. everything but DDs (including cruisers.)  They have decent guns that can shred most DDs in a gunfight

Yeah, Pan-Asian DDs were actually a fun grind in Coop for me. I also did the European ones there and had fun.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, sorta. I had everything (except CVs, only Hakuryu there) done until the Italian BBs dropped. Slow grinding that right now and then the new German DD line, I guess. Twitch Prime gave me one of the Dutch cruisers (Tier IV or V), which is okay but kind of boring without having torps and weak HE (feels so, at least). It takes forever to deal with BBs. Great at deleting DDs though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,377
[CO-OP]
Members
3,787 posts
31,061 battles
6 minutes ago, xamdam said:

Yeah, Pan-Asian DDs were actually a fun grind in Coop for me. I also did the European ones there and had fun.

I'm in the same boat as the OP, sorta. I had everything (except CVs, only Hakuryu there) done until the Italian BBs dropped. Slow grinding that right now and then the new German DD line, I guess. Twitch Prime gave me one of the Dutch cruisers (Tier IV or V), which is okay but kind of boring without having torps and weak HE (feels so, at least). It takes forever to deal with BBs. Great at deleting DDs though.

T-4 De Ruyter from Amazon Prime.  The gimmick with the Dutch line is the airstrike ability (which starts at t-6.)  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,999
[ARGSY]
Members
25,122 posts
19,133 battles
9 hours ago, WM1957 said:

they are armed with deep water torpedoes which are only effective against battle ships and aircraft carriers.

No, that's just the premium Fenyang. The tech-tree PA destroyers can torpedo cruisers, and the coal premium Anshan and doubloon premium Lo Yang can torpedo destroyers also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,329 posts
On 6/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

No, that's just the premium Fenyang. The tech-tree PA destroyers can torpedo cruisers, and the coal premium Anshan and doubloon premium Lo Yang can torpedo destroyers also.

And of course Asashio is also limited to BB/CV.  (Not PA, I know)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×