You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sbels

We need DD rework please

130 comments in this topic

[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
211 posts
17,791 battles

This has got to be bait .... dont bite it DD players.:fish_glass:

• Cool 1

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts
2 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

This has got to be bait .... dont bite it DD players.:fish_glass:

I just put the laugh emote in :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[W_H_S]
Members
150 posts
9,258 battles

But this is completely reasonable why should DDs not have the same limitations as other ships in the game? Why should they be special? This isn't World of Destroyers its World of Warships why should one class of ships be able to completely dominate a match from relative safety the entire match. 

Edited by Sbels
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Meh 2

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles

Thats some good bait!

But uh, realism comes after gameplay, and you want alot of realism.

[W_H_S]
Members
150 posts
9,258 battles
Just now, Princess_Daystar said:

Thats some good bait!

But uh, realism comes after gameplay, and you want alot of realism.

But isn't this the same realism that is demanded of other ship classes attacking DDs why can't it be fair?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Meh 1

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
1 minute ago, Sbels said:

But isn't this the same realism that is demanded of other ship classes attacking DDs why can't it be fair?

I really dont know what you are meaning here, and ive read it 4 times.

• Thanks 2

[-VT-]
Members
869 posts
37,994 battles

For context…OP is a BB main.

I doubt he is trying to be funny.  Just frustrated with his WR at high tiers.

[W_H_S]
Members
150 posts
9,258 battles
5 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

Well all the nerfs to CVs in the name of fair and realistic gameplay.

Nerfs to BB AP damage (which I don't disagree with large caliber ap should for the most part overpen lightly armored ships) 

The MASSIVE numbers of requests for radar nerfs

ALL of these requests are made by DD players in the name of fairness and realism.

Also several of these "ideas" were actually used the secondaries on ships would shoot at torps to detonate them. Torps (especially the mark 14 American) did fail to detonate. Radar was always on. Radar was used to predict where a ship would be to fire at.

9 minutes ago, Sabene said:

For context…OP is a BB main.

I doubt he is trying to be funny.  Just frustrated with his WR at high tiers.

For context anymore I play DDs CVs and BBs in kinda equal numbers anymore the high number of bb games was when I was lower tier and the fact there is just a ludacris number of bbs in the game anymore.

Stat shaming is wrong

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts
16 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

I actually think it is a sulk/tantrum where OP is trying to use the same use of wording used for other cases for change.

Unfortunately he seems to be asking for 'equal' when it comes to damage? Is this correct @Sbels - because if you are I don't think you want DD damage to be on equal terms as the other ship types do you?

Maybe you do - brave man! :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
Just now, Sbels said:

Well all the nerfs to CVs in the name of fair and realistic gameplay.

Nerfs to BB AP damage (which I don't disagree with large caliber ap should for the most part overpen lightly armored ships) 

The MASSIVE numbers of requests for radar nerfs

ALL of these requests are made by DD players in the name of fairness and realism.

Nerfs to cvs got done because wgs data said they overperformed. In the case of the rocket change id wager that had to do with the arrival of submarines more than anything as DDs are going to be their primary counter.

Requests =/= changes made. Players can and have requested any number of changes over the years.

WG uses their own data which is absolutely more than what we players ever get to see to make changes.

1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

I actually think it is a sulk/tantrum where OP is trying to use the same use of wording used for other cases for change.

Unfortunately he seems to be asking for 'equal' when it comes to damage? Is this correct @Sbels - because if you are I don't think you want DD damage to be on equal terms as the other ship do you?

I know, it hurts to read due to the lack of logic or looking at the interactions in game.

[W_H_S]
Members
150 posts
9,258 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

Unfortunately he seems to be asking for 'equal' when it comes to damage? Is this correct @Sbels - because if you are I don't think you want DD damage to be on equal terms as the other ship do you?

to be fair a full spread of shima torps hitting a ship does more damage than any other class in the game.

and the point of this thread isn't a tantrum or anything just trying to point out the rather hypocritical arguments players make about their chosen class of ships VS any other class of ships

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2

[FOXY]
Members
2,572 posts
7,766 battles
3 minutes ago, Sbels said:

to be fair a full spread of shima torps hitting a ship does more damage than any other class in the game.

and the point of this thread isn't a tantrum or anything just trying to point out the rather hypocritical arguments players make about their chosen class of ships VS any other class of ships

That 8% accuracy, or less, however is a huge balancing factor for torpeodes. Along with their minute or two long reload.

Edited by Princess_Daystar

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
865 posts
6,530 battles
30 minutes ago, Sbels said:

But this is completely reasonable why should DDs not have the same limitations as other ships in the game? Why should they be special? This isn't World of Destroyers its World of Warships why should one class of ships be able to completely dominate a match from relative safety the entire match. 

Troll_204c19_1264966.jpg

• Funny 2
  • Haha 3

[W_H_S]
Members
150 posts
9,258 battles

Wow people just do not get satire anymore they are to worried with guarding their precious little fiefdom.

I am not throwing a tantrum.

I am well aware of the silliness of everything I posted.

Here is the thing:

1. People immediately accused me of throwing a tantrum.

2. The hypocrisy of people and their need to argue only for what they want (which is fine but).

3. Stat shaming and name calling.

I play DDs alot and enjoy them if I don't get killed cause of my own mess up but even then I get up and go queue up something else.

DDs are fine the way they are for the most part save some particular ships which are kinda on the silly side (looking at you Marceau).

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-VT-]
Members
869 posts
37,994 battles
2 minutes ago, Princess_Daystar said:

. Along with their minute or two long reload.

2 minute reload on the Shima.

And DD’s do less average damage than other BBs or CAs due to short range armaments, lengthy torpedo reload, kiddie pop guns.  In case OP cares to consider such in his arguments…

[D-DAY]
Members
7,134 posts
Just now, Sbels said:

I'm actually going to take you as being serious on the above point and take the consequent micky take if you are trolling. (On your list you are either a child or a grown man talking about changes like 'keep radar on forever - I can't take suggestions like that seriously, sorry).

1. You do know the torp hit rate is around 10% - to be hit by a full spread of shima torps either means the player was amazing, or your team has pretty much lost the game and you are already fleeing for your life (I will not indicate anything about your skill level).

2. When the torpedo hits it also has to undergo reduction for whatever torpedo belt the ship may have.

3. The DD has on average the worst damage of all ship types.

I mean, the changes you list regarding damage make no sense.

If you want to talk about your radar want and how the DD is also the lowest surviving ship on average we can do. Come on dude; you've embarrassed yourself with this post. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1